DK Tank seeking advice

As I began my tanking career, I didn’t ever think I would grow to enjoy it as much as I do. It’s a nice feeling when you do your job well and I like to think I have become a capable tank even though I’m not in a “raiding guild” anymore.

I have tanked 3 of the 4 bosses in ICC and done pretty well (albeit with no real success as I only run pugs). That point aside, I prefer frost as my spec but am willing to work with the bloodspec to tank for single targets as I have read that is much better for single target. I have runestrike macro’d to almost every attack that I have under my current spec and generating threat is rarely an issue for me.

I was wondering what advice you might have as to tweak my build which is here
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ne&cn=Fearknot

I know I need to do something different as I went to TOC 25 regular and just got smoked on the 1st boss. I felt like a noob. It was horrid. I was being crit left and right and was blowing all cooldown’s in the first few seconds tanking him. I don’t’ think I made it very far maybe til the 2nd switch before I was toast. It was a very humbling experience to which I owe 24 people my apologies for such a horrid experience.

I have a hard time understanding how I can tank so effectively in ICC with my current spec but get destroyed in TOC. As far as 5mans go, well there’s not any problem there of course.

Thanks for any help and advice in this matter.

Sincerely
    Fearknot (DK tank)
    Clifdawg (Dwarf hunter)

Re: DK Tank seeking advice

Errm this sounds very weird.
    How many stacks do you guys take before switching ?
    Also you say "I was being crit left and right" with your defense thats not possible so not sure what you mean by that.

Okay, looking at your armory, it doesn't show you having downed any bosses in any raid since ulduar.

That being said, your gemming is horrific. Replace all gems with 30+ stamina unless the socket bonus is 12 or higher stamina per non blue slot.

Replace your shoulder enchant with the PVP stam/resilience enchant.

Replace your chest enchat with 275 hp.

Replace your glove enchant with an armor kit.

For your spec, I can't comment, as I run blood.

In regards to being crit a bunch. It was weird as I went back through the fight log. I saw multiple crit hits which puzzled me immensely. As far as the gems, I'll get on that later today when I get home.

one other question. Frost is supposed to be the AOE tank mainly and Blood is best for single target correct?