Should I dispell DK's diseases

Hey,

I play a priest at decent ratings. When me and my rogue partner our gear goes up, and we find a mage, we should actually give a shot at glad.

Anyways, I find it hard to decide if I should dispell DK's diseases, or not. I mean, keeping Abolish rolling, or does it really not matter too much?

DK's are the only class I haven't ever been interested in, so I'm asking it here.

kisses

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scale&cn=Jeffx
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Re: Should I dispell DK's diseases

If dispelling their diseases gimps their damage, surely it would be beneficial to do so.

yes, keeping the despell overtime will make dks pull their hair out and it reduces their damage alot. Not in the sense that they do say less per hit(which they do) but because they have to waste a frost and unholy to get them back up again. meaning a 1k icytouch and idk what plague hits for, instead of scourge strike that hits for 5x those put together.

Try despelling them you will see a diff.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    meaning a 1k icytouch and idk what plague hits for, instead of scourge strike that hits for 5x those put together.
    Oh lawd
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Doing so will make their runes and damage lower much, seeing as some of their abilities do disease increase their damage. Making them use their runes also make them do a scourge strike less which is quite good if you have the time to abolish

Okay, 1 more question, should I only keep the abolish rolling, or is it benificial to cure diseases inbetween abolish ticks aswell? Is dispelling them that beneficial?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    Okay, 1 more question, should I only keep the abolish rolling, or is it benificial to cure diseases inbetween abolish ticks aswell? Is dispelling them that beneficial?!
    I'm no gladiator, but I see a difference. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    Yes. Some abilities will do upwards of 50% more damage if both diseases are on a target (or close to that) so keeping them off as much as possible is important. Less damage = less healing. Not only do they increase other damage abilities but they tick for a bit too so save yourself as much healing as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    yes, keeping the despell overtime will make dks pull their hair out and it reduces their damage alot. Not in the sense that they do say less per hit(which they do) but because they have to waste a frost and unholy to get them back up again. meaning a 1k icytouch and idk what plague hits for, instead of scourge strike that hits for 5x those put together.

Try despelling them you will see a diff.
    A dk's scourge strike crit me for a whole 1900 the other day.... Damn you OP Dks.

EDIT: forgot part of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    MINE

it really does help, all i can say is try it, i play holy pally and the diff is noticable. It helps to because their death strike heals per disease on their target. If no diseases... no heals. so if your partner is trying to nuke him any good dk will be poping cds and death strikes.

Take it from a DK. Dispelling totally disables the DK. COI Ebon plauge, all diseases, you'll be dealing with 1-2k damage at most per hit and leaving the DK runeless.

And I hope ghostcrawler chokes on his own spit.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Guys I'm going to be honest. Should I dispell those dots that deal damage and increase the death knights damage dealt, or should I leave them on me so I take more damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    Guys I'm going to be honest. Should I dispell those dots that deal damage and increase the death knights damage dealt, or should I leave them on me so I take more damage?
    I don't think you really get the point. I've seen several good players (hydra for example on ESL) not dispelling.

Anyways, my leftover question: I can keep abolish rerolling, but is it really worth to cure disease aswell? Or is THAT a waste of my mana. And, didn't DKs have 3 diseases (1 giving a debuff)? Does this 3rd one also account for increased damage done with strikes?

Learn to read up and learn to play than expect to be spoonfed, girly. Yes UNHOLY DKs have a third disease which enhances our strikes, and increases magic damage taken. Weather you use one thing or another or choose to let them tick or remove them is entirely up to you.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Roll Abolish and renew, dont spam abolish, waste of mana.

Abolish defently.

Maybe Hydra didnt dispell then because he went offensive and was going for a kill? I dont know, thats just my best guess. Normally he does dispell them

Most arena DKs are Frost or Unholy.

Frost gets bonus damage to its main burst attacks if Frost Fever is on the target. The diseases themselves don't do too much damage, but reducing the bursty attacks of a Frost DK is definitely something you want to do.

Unholy makes disease dispelling even more important. The diseases themselves get a large damage buff, making them worthy of dispelling for that alone. On top of that, the disease buff the DK greatly. Further, the disease will also buff their allies magic damage. So you want to make sure abolish is rolling all the time against an unholy DK.

Blood DK's, if you see them, basically just use diseases as a source of damage IIRC. Still a good idea to remove them, but it could be up to you in this case.