flash of light macro for ret paladin

i'm atm looking for a macro that will help my healers out by throwing instant flash heals out when i get a art of war proc ect
    i want a macro that casts flash of light on my focus target when holding shift but cast it on me when i'm not holding shift

if been playing around some but now i'm totally stuck
    if made this macro but it keeps using flash of light on my focus target when normal casting and only on me when i hold shift:S

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] flash of light ; [@focus, exist] flash of light

if tryed switching the 2 spells with eachother but it doesn't matter if target=focus is behind or infront of the ;

does anyone have a idea or a macro that does what i want?
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Re: flash of light macro for ret paladin

Would you consider a mouseover macro?

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade
    i'm atm looking for a macro that will help my healers out by throwing instant flash heals out when i get a art of war proc ect
    i want a macro that casts flash of light on my focus target when holding shift but cast it on me when i'm not holding shift

if been playing around some but now i'm totally stuck
    if made this macro but it keeps using flash of light on my focus target when normal casting and only on me when i hold shift:S

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] flash of light ; [@focus, exist] flash of light

if tryed switching the 2 spells with eachother but it doesn't matter if target=focus is behind or infront of the ;

does anyone have a idea or a macro that does what i want?
    First off, doing this is a huge dps loss, just a warning.

But the macro you'd want is

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus][@player] Flash of Light

The way macros work is, each set of [] is a new priority, it'll try the first set of [] first

Is modifier shift? Yes. Cast at focus. No? Move to next priority, which happens to be [@player]

/cast [target=mouseover, exists] [help] [target=player] Flash of light

+

Grid

= no real loss in dps if you use it in free gcd's.

besides, tossing a clutch flash heal is better than hitting a non-clutch divine storm. Dead dps don't do any dps.

Hey, it's like saying you're not going to donate to a good cause because it's an inconvenience. if it saves you or your fellow members and helps healers? do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

thanks kairu the macro works well

also as for dps los i don't really know why? i always use exorcism when i can els i use flash of light if needed but seeing i have the proc allot while exorcism is on cd id prefer to help the healer seeing i know how healing is sometimes
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade
    thanks kairu the macro works well

also as for dps los i don't really know why? i always use exorcism when i can els i use flash of light if needed but seeing i have the proc allot while exorcism is on cd id prefer to help the healer seeing i know how healing is sometimes
    It's a DPS loss because you're using the global cooldown that you would have used to deal damage to heal instead. The chances of you needing to throw a FoL to save somebody's life are pretty slim as it is, the chances of that need coming when all of your damaging attacks are on cooldown are even smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    It's a DPS loss because you're using the global cooldown that you would have used to deal damage to heal instead. The chances of you needing to throw a FoL to save somebody's life are pretty slim as it is, the chances of that need coming when all of your damaging attacks are on cooldown are even smaller.
    all damaging attacks are on cooldown, plea is on cooldown, AND you still have a fair amount of time on a SS

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    You must be on cutting edge content.

~50dps < saved life.

There are ~15 other dps there. Tossing a flash heal isn't going to cripple your raid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    You must be on cutting edge content.

~50dps < saved life.

There are ~15 other dps there. Tossing a flash heal isn't going to cripple your raid.
    in other word losing, 50 dps for someone who bring 8k+ = better

raid dps > yours

= no real loss in dps if you use it in free gcd's.

besides, tossing a clutch flash heal is better than hitting a non-clutch divine storm. Dead dps don't do any dps.
    Doesn't using flash of light reset your swing timer?

lol this is funny. as a ret paladin who pulls 8.5-9k on average spiking up to 10k from time to time i can honestly say that doing this will drop ( my ) dps by several hundred. not just 50... you guys need to understand that 1.5 seconds ( 1 globle ) the time it will take to cast a flash taking into acount human lag as it were is about 2 seconds. so in 2 seconds you just lost 16-18k damage if you lose that 1 globle. now if you do that lets say 20 times ( from the way you seem to be talking ) thats 320,000 damage.

this means that with my flashes criting 4k in raids i healed 80,000 damage and lost 320,000 damage... now i dont know about you but on a cuting edge boss fight 320,000 damage can mean the diffrence between a wipe or a boss down.

you realy need to think a little. its the healers job to keep you alive not the paladins job to do their job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    lol this is funny. as a ret paladin who pulls 8.5-9k on average spiking up to 10k from time to time i can honestly say that doing this will drop ( my ) dps by several hundred. not just 50... you guys need to understand that 1.5 seconds ( 1 globle ) the time it will take to cast a flash taking into acount human lag as it were is about 2 seconds. so in 2 seconds you just lost 16-18k damage if you lose that 1 globle. now if you do that lets say 20 times ( from the way you seem to be talking ) thats 320,000 damage.

this means that with my flashes criting 4k in raids i healed 80,000 damage and lost 320,000 damage... now i dont know about you but on a cuting edge boss fight 320,000 damage can mean the diffrence between a wipe or a boss down.

you realy need to think a little. its the healers job to keep you alive not the paladins job to do their job for them.
    I'm intrigued how you always have a button to press in your rotation.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    I'm intrigued how you always have a button to press in your rotation.
    2piece t10, you always have something

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill

his numbers are a bit off but what he says is true. let the healers do their job and you do yours. the last thing we want is to start blaming ret pallies when someone dies ("OMG NOOB L2INSTAFOL)

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

maybe to clear some things up
    my paladin is lv 62!!! healers at those levels aren't hardcore or skilled sometimes

/cast [target=mouseover, exists] [help] [target=player] Flash of light
    I know you can do help/harm macro's so for the purpose of arena is there a way I add can exorcism to this without ever having to break target for the FoL's?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamoke
    I know you can do help/harm macro's so for the purpose of arena is there a way I add can exorcism to this without ever having to break target for the FoL's?
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    2piece t10, you always have something
    Hell yea you always have something up. I honestly don't recall one time at all Ive had any downtime between global cool downs. even then I'm hitting my haste gloves and throwing engineering bombs during the GCD.

I usually have to stop my "rotation" during a less important ability to throw in divine plea or an insta-flash.