Thread: New 80 (Alt)

New 80 (Alt)

Hey guys,

Hit 80 yesterday...or was it Wednesday...well 3 hours after hitting 80 I had like 9 Frost emblems, T10 gloves (VoA ftw), BoE belt I got off an earlier run from my main and 213 BoE bracers...sorry for the history...but figured I'd throw it out there.

Anyway, was wondering some thoughts on what to do next? I have a lot of Saronite from my main so I can probably have the Legs and Boots made but am just wondering how worth it they are. As I said this is an alt so I'm not really planning on doing a WHOLE lot on him, but its always nice to have a few geared alts, you know? I know it is a general question...but was wondering if I could get some advice on what to do next? (oh I also can have basically any cloth piece created by guildies...)

Here is my armory:
    http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...an&n=Xoticlock
    Don't laugh :P

My main is a Shaman so I don't know much about my lock, lol. Sad I know...but any advice is MUCH appreciated, thanks.

X

Re: New 80 (Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by xoticsham
    Hey guys,

Hit 80 yesterday...or was it Wednesday...well 3 hours after hitting 80 I had like 9 Frost emblems, T10 gloves (VoA ftw), BoE belt I got off an earlier run from my main and 213 BoE bracers...sorry for the history...but figured I'd throw it out there.
    HOW did you get into a VoA pug without a 5k+ GS. (Unless you your guild do it). It has been driving me insane, i got into one raid and got the achievement with a 4.5k GS, and now every raid invites me, and kicks me because me GS is 4.6k. Same for ony and every other raid. Driving me up the wall.

Anyways, do random heroics to fill out the rest of your gear. You will be sick of them eventually.

Well, like I said 3 hours after hitting 80 a guildie asked if I was geared enough for it...I told him no but I'd go...so he invited and we did all the bosses, lol. I was happy about that but I'm sure I can't get into another unless its w/ guildies.

You should buy 245 crafted bracers, the 213 are waste of gold/emblems.

Bejeweled bracers? Yea I was planning on those and was debating on other crafted gear. Anyone have thoughts on which I should get crafted? Merlin's robes? 264 boots and pants?

15+ Year Old Account

Trade you info:
    Get the following
    Bejeweled Bracers
    Merlin's Robe
    Leggings of Woven Death
    Helm/Shoulders T9 232

Run Sartharion as often as you can for Illustration of the Dragon Soul. Also grab Abyssal Rune. Nevermelting Ice Crystal is only good for ToC25 and ICC runs due to how much work is required to make it work.

Trading for:
    I'm leveling a shaman - did you find it hard to dps your way through LFG tool? Would you have preferred to have had the option to heal instead of dps just to make things go faster in there? Was it usually the tanks fault dying or the healers fault when you wiped?

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

If you can get Bejeweled Bracers, Merlins Robe, and Leggings of Woven Death, Sash of Ancient Power and the Spellslinger's Slippers you'll be shitting in tall cotton. If you run into Spell Hit problems get the Hit/Haste trinket with Triumph badges.

Don't waste time or money on any of the ICC patterns (with the exception of the legs which are BiS pre-heroic).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    If you can get Bejeweled Bracers, Merlins Robe, and Leggings of Woven Death, Sash of Ancient Power and the Spellslinger's Slippers you'll be shitting in tall cotton. If you run into Spell Hit problems get the Hit/Haste trinket with Triumph badges.

Don't waste time or money on any of the ICC patterns (with the exception of the legs which are BiS pre-heroic).
    Leggings are still BIS into heroics, but the problem is that every other slot has hit itemization issues (almost universally Hit/Crit combos), thus making you choose less than BiS (specifically Tier 277) just to make the gear work.

Thus, someone who won't see full-on 277 T10 doesn't have to even consider the fact that they might replace the crafted legs.

R.I.P. YARG

Gherkin,

I appreciate your question but here's the problem...My shaman has been 80 since the first week of Wrath and didn't use the LFG tool to level. I leveled to 70 as Enhance, raided as Resto, then leveled to 80 as Enhance again and now raid as Resto/Ele (os). I found Enhancement the easiest to level because of VERY minimal downtime. I've heard good things about Ele leveling though so if you're Ele don't worry. It is A LOT easier to get into groups as Resto because DPS is a dime a dozen. I never had much problem healing, was usually the tank's lack of gear or know-how but then again I rarely pugged (guildies ftw).

So I should not get the crafted 264 boots? I have or will have enough saronite for both boots and pants, but if you don't think I should get boots can you elaborate a little? I can get the Bejeweled bracers easily. Anyway, hope what I said helps, and I appreciate everything that has been said and will be said. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

Trading for:
    I'm leveling a shaman - did you find it hard to dps your way through LFG tool? Would you have preferred to have had the option to heal instead of dps just to make things go faster in there? Was it usually the tanks fault dying or the healers fault when you wiped?
    Gherkin-

Having the option to be the healer for LFG dungeon runs will speed up your wait time. Are you leveling primarily as enhance or did you go ele in Outland? If you're enhance you're going to need some caster pieces, if you're ele just some extra mp5 pieces to swap over and you'll do fine. Oh and if you end up wiping its always the tank or dps's fault. (tank doesn't have the gear or spec for it, dps is doing retarded things that waste your mana until you're oom then the tank dies)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the heads up! I plan on maintaning dual-gear sets as I level, and grabbing dual spec as soon as I'm allowed.

R.I.P. YARG

Sorry for the multiple questions, I know its Friday night so most people probably aren't on here. Was just wondering if I should NOT get the crafted 264 boots? If no, can someone elaborate why? (I have the saronite for them...so thats not a problem). Thanks!

Deleted

It's simply because there are better boots out there pre-HM. There's nothing wrong with the boots and if, for instance, you don't plan on running a lot of 25 man icc it probably is worthwhile. It's just a case of not being worth the cost for something that could be replaced reasonably quickly.

Ah Nice. Yeah, not really planning on getting into a lot of 25 ICC but I may someday. Like I said I got the 251 gloves from VOA and today I got the 245 Pants from 25m VoA. What do you guys think about sets? Should I get 2 Pc t9 and 2Pc t10? If so which should I combine with the gloves and pants? I really appreciate the info so far and look forward to hearing whatcha got. Oh, also, have the mats for Merlin's robes and bejeweled bracers, so thats a plus. Anyway, thanks so far.

X

Tips for fresh 80:

1. Queue for randoms.
    2. Repeat step 1 till your brain melts.
    3. ??.??
    4. Profit

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

Gherk,

I just got my shaman to 80 about a month ago... I lvl'd as enhance with a dual spec for healing instances. With flametongue totem and earthliving weapon u really won't have spell power issues. Keep earth shield on the tank and it's cake. (I have 3 healers so I'm used to healing) The only problem I had with healing as a shaman is sometimes the ranged dps would die on big pulls when they would get aggro. Ur having to spam heal the tank and chain heal won't reach them. But I can't remember wiping once while I was healing.

To answer the second part of the question, after about lvl 75 I got tired of healing and would que as dps... que times weren't that much longer and as enhance I usually was on top of the meters. Then if the healer failed or left, I would switch to resto just so the group wouldn't fall apart and we'd cruise through the rest of the intsance.

Quote Originally Posted by thaelton
    Tips for fresh 80:

1. Queue for randoms.
    2. Repeat step 1 till your brain melts.
    3. ??.??
    4. Profit
    I agree and have been queuing for randoms but still had a couple questions. Like I said, got the t10 gloves and t9.5 pants from VoA. What pieces should I match to those to get the 2pc bonuses for each at the moment? Or should I not worry about any of that? Thanks so far, and I appreciate any feedback that is or will be given.