[Enh] >>>>>Gems<<<<< Haste or AP/Crit

Hey,for long time I was wondering what are the BEST gems for enhancement shaman.
    I hope the time has come to answer that question....

So lets get into it,I think particular on PvE (ToGc,ICC etc.).Judging by internet
    (EJ-forums,MMO-champion,WoW forums) there are many ways to gem enhancement shaman but only few of them are right/proper ways.According to some posts I read
    there are only TWO ways to gem enhancement shamans
    First-full haste gems-----Second-AP/Crit gems.Many posts I read have bad/incomplete answers.So I came here looking for right answer.

To sum this up I need answer on three questions.
    First-which way is the right way to gem enhancement shaman?
    Second-why is haste so important and crucial for raids nowdays?
    Third-does haste affect WF and rotation for shaman?

Thank you in advance for your answer and your time.Please put your experience and knowledge into replays.I hope this time I will get some damn answers!

Best regards,Patrick

Re: [Enh] >>>>>Gems<<<<< Haste or AP/Crit

If you would have searched the forums a bit you would have seen this HAS been discussed multiple times. You are right in that you will see people gemming 2 ways right now, but wrong on what 2 ways. Most Enhancement Shaman are currently going for haste heavy or AP heavy and each offers an advantage over the other. A highly hasted setup provides the highest dps on a standstill/little movement fight. An AP heavy setup provides the best dps for a high movement fight. If you understand the class/spec you will know why one method benefits one situation more than the other.

1. There is no ONE right way. It's a preference between gemming for movement or standstill. Haste will provide max dps on a standstill boss.

2. Haste is beneficial due to the mechanics of the class. A lot of abilities/damage comes from on hit thus speeding up the hits provides greater benefit.

3. Haste does not do anything to WF that you should worry about. Haste will lower your GCD making your rotation (*cough* priority) quicker in a sense although not to a point you can't keep up with it.

Delete/ban inc?

Hey(again),I knew that many people discusses this and maybe I needed to sim but still I wanted to make sure what people (with exp.) think.Thank you very much for your answer.Tho I have one more question.If haste is good on standstill boss and AP on high movement,is haste/AP a good way to gem enhancement shaman so we can benefit from both fight?

Best regards,Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by EnhFaQ
    Hey(again),I knew that many people discusses this and maybe I needed to sim but still I wanted to make sure what people (with exp.) think.Thank you very much for your answer.Tho I have one more question.If haste is good on standstill boss and AP on high movement,is haste/AP a good way to gem enhancement shaman so we can benefit from both fight?

Best regards,Patrick
    that would lower your maximum output on both types of fights... movement and tank n spank fights..
    You could have a second set of gear.. or several items that you can swap depending on the boss though..

So two gears(or some items) would be a optimal choice for shamans to benefit from them on bosses?BTW is crit any good to enhancement shamans?

Best regards,Patrick