15+ Year Old Account

return of an old Paladin

So, I had a paladin in the start of BC, and then I stopped playing for a while
    and started when WotLK came out and went straight to a Death Knight (in before lolDK.)

And now I am returning yet again after a 4 month break.
    And Im gonna start from scratch again with a Paladin.
    So, can somebody tell me the basics, what have changed in the Pala mechanics?

Oh, and I'm gonna level as Retribution, but, going Protection when I hit max level.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: return of an old Paladin

my troll senses are tingling.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

15+ Year Old Account

what the hell is troll about this post??
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

15+ Year Old Account

yea, got a message saying it didnt post. So I did it again and this happend..

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa
    my troll senses are tingling.
    I sense that YOU my good sir are the troll. Just answer his question.

And yes, some seal's happen to be taken out and new one's have been added. It's pretty straightforward though.. SoC until SoL and always use JoW. So fast and never take a break.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Misha&cn=Avandin

Deleted

Retribution leveling: Start any browser but Internet Explorer, load up anything of value, start autohitting a mob with buffs and seals up, alt tab and watch said thing of value.
    Protection endgame: 69696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696
    Oh, and the occasional taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn
    So, I had a paladin in the start of BC, and then I stopped playing for a while
    and started when WotLK came out and went straight to a Death Knight (in before lolDK.)

And now I am returning yet again after a 4 month break.
    And Im gonna start from scratch again with a Paladin.
    So, can somebody tell me the basics, what have changed in the Pala mechanics?

Oh, and I'm gonna level as Retribution, but, going Protection when I hit max level.

The new paladin style is pretty nice. Took some getting used to, but in the end its nice. Not sure how up to date you are so we'll start with some basics, and people can add to this.

Devine plea is a nice new spell. it regens your mana over a 15 sec timer. very nice, since they took away the spirutal attunement. Its now heavy into the prot tree, so no more free mana from heals.
    Seals are now 30 min buffs, and will not be removed with judgements. this is pretty old news, so remember..basics.
    Devine storm is a very nice dps attack. not only does it do AOE damage, it also gives health to those in the raid. Not a huge amount, but enough to help out a little. Crusader strike is nice, and will be a main attack. Exercism is now not instant, however it can now be used on anything where as the old style had it usable vs undead or demons only. You can get instant exercism though with ret talent points. Your melee attacks have a chance to proc an instant exercism, or a small heal for yourself. The healing option is very nice, expecially when using it with our new shield. when the shield is up on yourself, or tagerts. it increased the crit chance of a flash heal by 50%..if i remember correctly.

Im writing this at work so my ability to make sure grammar and spelling and spell names is hindered so please, be kind. just trying to help out a fellow paladin.

Seal of blood has been removed. Dont remember what its called fro alliance. Seal of vengence/corruption is now the single dps seal of choice where as seal of command, if you spec into it, is the seal for aoe.

Im sure more people will add to this.

Deleted

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2584/paladins0gf.jpg

Just remembered this.
    Still very very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Retribution leveling: Start any browser but Internet Explorer, load up anything of value, start autohitting a mob with buffs and seals up, alt tab and watch said thing of value.
    Protection endgame: 69696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969696
    Oh, and the occasional taunt.
    My guild had me tank last night's ICC instead of being ret because we were short one.

omg. I was falling asleep with the dullness of the prot rotation compared to my ret with 2 set, frost libram, and engineering bombs/haste enchants.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    and engineering bombs
    inb4 ban.

honestly, level tank. lfg tool makes leveling a breeze to outland if you are a tank. id say ret tank till zulfarak than go prot.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin