Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Prot Warrior - Ask for help thread

Hey, I'm currently mostly tanking in ICC10/25 PuGs, and I have a few questions about gear choices. Currently at 5.9k Gs, and 44k hp.

Eu Armoury is currently down, When/If it is up, its Flyinghigh On Outland.

First Question
    First of all, When trying to join a PuG they either ask for GS, or Hp unbuffed, so I use either Corpse Tounge Coin for GS(ilevel 264) or the Black Heart(ilevel 200).

But once im home and dry inside the raid group, which is actually better? Currently I only use The Coin in fights where I know for certain I will be under 35% hp multiple times across the fight. This is because thats when I get 5k extra armour from its proc.

I have my doubts that this trinket is actually any good at-all though, since its only 5k Armour, when the black heart gives armour through the fight on melee hits, so it can proc at 90% hp. Then the fact that the Coin gives dodge, which kinda sucks in my eyes in ICC, and the blakc heart gives a small ammount of stamina.

Sme clarification of when to use each trinket would be nice, I am currently working towards sarah's scarab(Toc25) each week.

Second question
    Is it worth saving for 4set bonus, Currently have 2 bits of t10, and one of t10.5.
    Would it be worth loosing one of my 264 ilevel items, (Head or Chest) for the 251 ilevel t10, Basically loosing a bit of hp/dodge/armour for the Bonus.

Thank you in advance for Reading/Replying

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHigh
    Hey, I'm currently mostly tanking in ICC10/25 PuGs, and I have a few questions about gear choices. Currently at 5.9k Gs, and 44k hp.

Eu Armoury is currently down, When/If it is up, its Flyinghigh On Outland.

First Question
    First of all, When trying to join a PuG they either ask for GS, or Hp unbuffed, so I use either Corpse Tounge Coin for GS(ilevel 264) or the Black Heart(ilevel 200).

But once im home and dry inside the raid group, which is actually better? Currently I only use The Coin in fights where I know for certain I will be under 35% hp multiple times across the fight. This is because thats when I get 5k extra armour from its proc.

I have my doubts that this trinket is actually any good at-all though, since its only 5k Armour, when the black heart gives armour through the fight on melee hits, so it can proc at 90% hp. Then the fact that the Coin gives dodge, which kinda sucks in my eyes in ICC, and the blakc heart gives a small ammount of stamina.

Sme clarification of when to use each trinket would be nice, I am currently working towards sarah's scarab(Toc25) each week.
    Before I had my ToC25 trinket/organ I used Glyph of Indomitability. It resulted in a higher EH boost than Black heart and the "on-use-effect" could be used where I knew heavy damage would occur. Out of the two you mention I would go with Black Heart simply because I'm not a fan of RNG and I trust my gear/healers so much that I won't ever drop to 35%, when I do drop below that amount I most of the time consider myself dead anyway since some random bullshit have occured OR I'll just use shield wall or last stand+shield block (I rarely use both shield wall and last stand at the same time). Also, there's no "only" when we are talking about 5k armor. That's a bunch.

Second question
    Is it worth saving for 4set bonus, Currently have 2 bits of t10, and one of t10.5.
    Would it be worth loosing one of my 264 ilevel items, (Head or Chest) for the 251 ilevel t10, Basically loosing a bit of hp/dodge/armour for the Bonus.

Thank you in advance for Reading/Replying
    Yes. There are two setups I recommend.

1. Head, Shoulders, chest and gloves from tier10 together with Pillars of Might when you want as much EH as possible. Sure, you might get more EH by just using offpieces but once you realize on how many fights (and at what moments) where the 4p-bonus could be used effectively you realize that it's not something you want to go without.

2. Head, Shoulders, Gloves, legs from tier10 together with Cataclysmic Chestguard for that extra expertise boost. Some might say that it's pointless to use this setup for threat since other pieces would give you more expertise/hit and whatnot. But once again, you never want go w/o 4p. I've built threat-sets that contain only 264-pieces max while using 4p-bonus and while reaching hitcap and having 31 Expertise without any huge losses of EH. Having roughly 30k armor and 47.5k hp unbuffed this will increase your threat to a maximum while staying at a deacent amount of EH AND while having 4p-bonus.

I would only recommend the latter option IF you are having threat problems which might happen when playing 10mans w/o rogues/hunters for example (there are more situations where you might have problems but cba listing them).

Hello fellow warrior tanks!

The question i have right now is.. How can i improve my warrior? I cant find many ways more atm then what i'm trying to do, and maybe i should switch some gems around or something, but more likely it's just what i should do now. My armory should be in my signature.

I should as well add that i'm currently guildless, so i wont have acess to Dreamwalker boots anytime soon, therfor the crafted ones. And the mainhand that i'm currently using.. well. I have yet to see BS or Facelifter tbh, and no pugs that needs tanks can take down professor sadly, in 25man, for last word.

Thanks!

Edit: Smart as i am, i forgot that i'd changed my sig. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Terrestial = There's armory for you!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Crobos
    Hello fellow warrior tanks!

The question i have right now is.. How can i improve my warrior? I cant find many ways more atm then what i'm trying to do, and maybe i should switch some gems around or something, but more likely it's just what i should do now. My armory should be in my signature.

I should as well add that i'm currently guildless, so i wont have acess to Dreamwalker boots anytime soon, therfor the crafted ones. And the mainhand that i'm currently using.. well. I have yet to see BS or Facelifter tbh, and no pugs that needs tanks can take down professor sadly, in 25man, for last word.

Thanks!

Edit: Smart as i am, i forgot that i'd changed my sig. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Terrestial = There's armory for you!
    I assume you're mostly interested in raiding since that's what you talk about. In that case, your spec/glyphs are a bit off.

First things first, you want 3/3 in imp thunder clap. It's one of the best debuffs in game. Second, Unbridled Wrath is a terrible talent, especially as a tank. Same goes for Blood Craze, as you simply won't get crit, ever. Armored to the Teeth is one of the best dps/tps talents around, while Booming Voice does next to nothing. While there are some valid reasons to speccing into Fury, like Imp Demo Shout, Piercing Howl and perhaps Commanding Presence, but most agree it's generally better to spec into Arms instead.

Get your back enchanted with armor, or titanweave if you still need to make up for the loss of defense from crafting gear. I guess agility is good as well, but they're more or less equal I see you're leveling your professions, that's good. You'll get 60 stam from Mining another 60 from Blacksmithing, that's almost 130 extra stam. :-) Oh, and Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector is a better enchant for your head.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rider&cn=Iyona

Here's my armory. You should get this spec and setup of glyphs, but move 2 points from Safeguard into Damage Shield. I myself love the utility gained from Safeguard and don't really need threat from DS.

GL and have fun! :-)

Hey all,

I've been having one issue in raids lately, I've developed a terrible trait of letting all of my shouts drop (both commanding on myself and the party and demo shout on my target). To be fair I usually do it when it's more than just a stand still tank and spank but it is still a terrible habbit.

Any ideas how to overcome this, do you know of any light weight mods that will just spam a massive 'hey retard, refresh your commanding/demo shout'?

I use power auras. works well enough. You can make it show an icon on your screen when you have that buff on.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_USRNAME
    Hey all,

I've been having one issue in raids lately, I've developed a terrible trait of letting all of my shouts drop (both commanding on myself and the party and demo shout on my target). To be fair I usually do it when it's more than just a stand still tank and spank but it is still a terrible habbit.

Any ideas how to overcome this, do you know of any light weight mods that will just spam a massive 'hey retard, refresh your commanding/demo shout'?
    You should install a small addon call Strongarms, it's VERY good for what you're trying to do.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/strongarms/

It has 2 main features : one "priority" box, it tries to indicate to you what ability you should use, depending on your priorities / procs. Can be helpfull, not mandatory.

The other feature is...

Timers
    Helps you keep up buffs/debuffs, also lets you know if those debuffs are up in some form from another player:

- Armor (Major) (i.e. Sunder)
    - Attack Power (i.e. Battle Shout)
    - HP Buff (i.e. Commanding Shout)
    - Attack Speed Slow (i.e. Thunder Clap)
    - Attack Power Debuff (i.e. Demoralising Shout)

IG it looks like this :

The five left squares are for buffs / debuffs, obviously. The big square on the right is what you should use. The little one on the right is your next move.

The boxes can be moved around and resized.

It's a light addon, 100% legit. Try it !