Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

STUNS - Still OP.

Why is it that Blizzard insists on protecting this ability? Most every other PvP CCs have been nerfed in some way while this one keeps getting overlooked. Whats there reasoning for letting someone be completely locked down by 1 Rogue from 100% to death? Why aren't they broken after a certain amount of damage is done?

This is the single biggest reason why I quit PvPing and pretty much the game.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Re: STUNS - Still OP.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Most every other PvP CCs have been nerfed? please explain..

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    Why is it that Blizzard insists on protecting this ability? Most every other PvP CCs have been nerfed in some way while this one keeps getting overlooked. Whats there reasoning for letting someone be completely locked down by 1 Rogue from 100% to death? Why aren't they broken after a certain amount of damage is done?

This is the single biggest reason why I quit PvPing and pretty much the game.
    are you a mage in full blues?

Stuns are probably one of the least OP versions of CC in the game. A lot of classes have pvp talent that reduces the duration of stuns/fears and there are a few metas that reduce stun duration. Unless you have no gear a stun will rarely get you from 100-0 HP. No class has a spammable stun either. There are either fair cooldowns associated with them or, as u mentioned a rogue, they have to build combo points for anything with a decent duration.

You want to talk a little OP then look to cyclone... but thats for another pew pew thread

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Checks
    Most every other PvP CCs have been nerfed? please explain..
    Sheep was nerfed (granted it was in beta) to regenerate HP when used balancing it out, plus it is removed after any damage is done.
    Fear nerfed SEVERAL TIMES into its current form which breaks after certain amount of damage is done.
    Cyclone was nerfed more than once back in BC. One nerf was to let trinkets break it, forgot what the other(s) were.
    Snares normalized (except for Rogue/DK)

Stuns are still only form of CC that lets attacker inflict an infinite amount of damage while completely locking out the target. No other ability does that. It's stupid and needs to be changed in PvP because it makes the fight no fun for those being attacked.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Ok, those nerfs to sheep and fear shouldn't affect a good player that much because they will never hit a sheep, or ignore they fear target as they focus the other enemy (assuming we are talking about arenas). Stuns are used by melee classes generally except deep freeze which means that they have to be point blank to hit u the whole time and they won't drop you to 0 health unless you have no healer. If you are QQing about rogue stuns once the stun wears off a huge amount of their lock down capibilty is gone unless they want to waste blind on you or vanish and restun. Besides all that how would stuns be nerfed? do 5k damage and they are gone? the time it takes to do that quick 5k and most of the job of the stun is already over, stopping you from doing anything for the couple of GCDs...

Stuns add an interesting element to the game. How else am I suppose to kill a resto druid?
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by LoLNooB
    True.. I agree with the OP

everybody here disagreeing with the op is a rogue trying to defend his class. Why am i saying this ??

Because i actually have a rogue, and i can stunlock some1 death, without him able to do much, i am not even good at playing my rogue and i can down exp players easily, both in duels and 2v2 arena.

LoL i created my rogue for pure PvE, don't have a single exp in pvp n i still own most exp players.
    Owning scrubs in the low 1000s doesn't count as exp players kthx

The hmmm ...... 4rd troll this week complaining about stunt + rog :
    Oky i am not blizz i cant nerf the stunt but i can give u some advice :
    1 TRINKET http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51377
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51378
    This item are referd in pvp as the trinket ( it can break any cc includeing stunt ) it have a 2 min cd and its a must have

2 ARENA PARTENER if u ever noticed u are not alone in arena u have something called an arena partener he can :
    kill the rog , stunt him , fear him , disorientate him......etc this arena partener can also be a HEALER those guy heal ppl so when the rog is atacking you he can HEAL 8)

3 Gear - acording to
    locked down by 1 Rogue from 100% to death?
    Ur gear is somewhere betwen hc epic and lvling blues u can go do something called : battelground where u just /afk and get honor kills or even better farm hc to get something called PVP GEAR that have resi on it so the big bad rog will have a hard time dpsing ur 25k hp not ur 15k hp like it probably is now

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by alpy1885
    This item are referd in pvp as the trinket ( it can break any cc includeing stunt ) it have a 2 min cd and its a must have

2 ARENA PARTENER if u ever noticed u are not alone in arena u have something called an arena partener he can :
    kill the rog , stunt him , fear him , disorientate him......etc this arena partener can also be a HEALER those guy heal ppl so when the rog is atacking you he can HEAL 8)

3 Gear - acording to Ur gear is somewhere betwen hc epic and lvling blues u can go do something called : battelground where u just /afk and get honor kills or even better farm hc to get something called PVP GEAR that have resi on it so the big bad rog will have a hard time dpsing ur 25k hp not ur 15k hp like it probably is now
    Atleast that was fun to read, or well...it was fun trying to.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by alpy1885

3 Gear - acording to Ur gear is somewhere betwen hc epic and lvling blues u can go do something called : battelground where u just /afk and get honor kills or even better farm hc to get something called PVP GEAR that have resi on it so the big bad rog will have a hard time dpsing ur 25k hp not ur 15k hp like it probably is now
    What in god's name are you trying to convey?

I would gladly get stunned any day, rather then getting silenced. You cannot trinket silence/interrupts.
    As others have said, "teammates". This game is not/have not/will never be balanced around 1v1. Its a MMORPG, build around playing WITH others. Everything will be balanced around "team vs team". I do get that some classes hurt more from stuns then other classes (you mention rogues being OP with stuns, though if you stun a rogue he hurts more then you would), but if you want to complain about CC you should focus on silence.

Edit: Wrote 2v2 instead of 1v1 :P

Why aren't they broken after a certain amount of damage is done?
    Yeah that definitely would make sense. Think this: I hit you and you drop unconscious. I hit you some more and you wake up.

Sheep was nerfed (granted it was in beta) to regenerate HP when used balancing it out, plus it is removed after any damage is done.
    Fear nerfed SEVERAL TIMES into its current form which breaks after certain amount of damage is done.
    Cyclone was nerfed more than once back in BC. One nerf was to let trinkets break it, forgot what the other(s) were.
    Snares normalized (except for Rogue/DK)

Stuns are still only form of CC that lets attacker inflict an infinite amount of damage while completely locking out the target. No other ability does that. It's stupid and needs to be changed in PvP because it makes the fight no fun for those being attacked.
    Fear can be spamed, sheep can be spamed, cyclone can be spamed, and Death Coil and Psychic Horror both let you take an infinite amount of damage before breaking. From what I've read from you, you seem to be a warlock who has trouble with rogues 1v1. Those other abilities obviously got nerfed due to how powerful they were. What's so bad about being able to trinket a Cyclone? Why shouldn't fear break on damage? Why Shouldn't Polymorph break on damage and heal? Because they would be insanely overpowered if they didn't. So why keep stuns from breaking on damage? Because those classes need those tools to survive and those abilities have a moderate to long CD. The game isn't balanced around 1v1. You complain about rogues yet, you fail to see how bad rogues have it against any plate class (and feral druids) wearing prot gear, mages against enhancement shamans, or ret paladins vs rogues. The game obviously has to have balance issues between classes 1v1.
    New and shiny compppppp!

alpy1895 is right. Stun is fully counterable with pvp trinket and mage+paladin stun can be countered with dispel magic or cleanse too. If rogue does full 5sec stun to you he has to build combos with 2-3 mutilates for that and after that he probs builds another full set of energy to maximize the burst. If you haven't got any finisher from rogue in several seconds you know whats probably comin.

Ok wake up...blind does the same thing, only that we have it once. But what about deep freeze? Ain`t that a stun? And what are you moaning about beta? We`re in Wrath, 5 years from then. Many things changed, like dr on rogue stuns. You should be thankful, worthless scrub.

You`re just plain stupid. L2p issue definitely.

Now to the OP, tip here : gear up, get on par with your opponents , don`t argue on 1v1 situations and maybe reroll to a plate class if you don`t like rogues, maybe you`ll stand a chance against retards with rogues as alts confirming rogues are op.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie
    Fear can be spamed, sheep can be spamed, cyclone can be spamed, and Death Coil and Psychic Horror both let you take an infinite amount of damage before breaking. From what I've read from you, you seem to be a warlock who has trouble with rogues 1v1. Those other abilities obviously got nerfed due to how powerful they were. What's so bad about being able to trinket a Cyclone? Why shouldn't fear break on damage? Why Shouldn't Polymorph break on damage and heal? Because they would be insanely overpowered if they didn't. So why keep stuns from breaking on damage? Because those classes need those tools to survive and those abilities have a moderate to long CD. The game isn't balanced around 1v1. You complain about rogues yet, you fail to see how bad rogues have it against any plate class (and feral druids) wearing prot gear, mages against enhancement shamans, or ret paladins vs rogues. The game obviously has to have balance issues between classes 1v1.
    I agree with most of your post buuuuuut, Rogues have absolutely no problem against plates as long as you are Envenom specced, Feral Druids seem harder but that's just because of the instant cyclone -> Abolish -> Run away and reset everytime they get low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    I agree with most of your post buuuuuut, Rogues have absolutely no problem against plates as long as you are Envenom specced, Feral Druids seem harder but that's just because of the instant cyclone -> Abolish -> Run away and reset everytime they get low.
    I said rogues vs plate + prot gear. Envenom rogues vs plate is really simple. Throw in decent prot gear (ToC 25+) and you'll have most of your attacks blocked, dodged, parried etc.
    New and shiny compppppp!