Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling a holy paladin

Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of leveling a holy pala. Mind giving me advice on what BOA items should I get? I'm not intrested in leveling any other toons in the near future, so I'm intrested in the items for the holy.

also, what are some of the add-ons you user on your holy?

thanks

Deleted

Re: Leveling a holy paladin

The best hierlooms for holypaladin is the elemental shaman mail-thingys (Chest and Shoulders) and also the mainhand: Devout Aurastone Hammer

as for addons

PallyPower: THE addon for oragnizing buff, especially with more than one pally in the party. Easy to set up and change each class buff.

as for healing addon either HealBot or Grid. HealBot is simpler, more of a casual healing addon (and OP for druids :P) whereas Grid is more complicated but also more powerful and easy to overview

You might also want to find a good way to keep track of your beacon/sacred shield (healbot do this, and grid can be set up to do this)

As a matter of interest - why level Holy?

With dual spec why not level Ret - unless you want to heal in instances...

Otherwise I agree with Artog :P

thanks for the replys

was thinking leveling with lfg, healing seems fun + I think as healer you get faster queues, so that's why.
    I have a hunter and am pretty much bored with dpsing, and tanking isn't really my cup of tea.

EDIT: can you please tell me why is Devout Aurastone Hammer better than Dignified Headmaster's Charge ?

Paladins can't use staffs.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Because Paladins can totally wield staves amiright?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Clique
    Grid
    Bartender
    PallyPower(Although you don't really need this for dungeons)
    Deadly Boss Mods
    Carbonite
    Questhelper(If you level by dungeons, then forget this)
    Everyquest(See above)
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin

Questhelper(If you level by dungeons, then forget this)

why? Blizzard made their own

10+ Year Old Account

I personally use an addon called VuhDo for healing. IMO its very "new to healing" friendly.

15+ Year Old Account

If you just want to be a low level healer and you dont care how fast you level then go ahead and go holy. You should be prepared to realize one thing though. Paladin are NOT like the other 3 healing classes. They have no spammable damage spell, and very few attacks that work with Spell power gear until you can get Holy shock, you will have to melee and AOE like a Prot paladin does.

Up until outlands LVL 65 or so you can heal any of the instances as ret or Prot in Int, SP gear.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Healing is very boring at low levels, you run out of mana too fast, and only use 1 spell for healing, just go ret or prot

Go ret/holy for leveling, it is stupid easy. it is what i did anyways, u can decide if want to quest or run an instance. Queues are quick for a healer, and destroy mobs as ret. you could also go tank and solo instances if u really feel up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by morechezzez
    why? Blizzard made their own
    its not as good as quest helper

If you have the extra emblems, get the ret BOA gear as well. It will help you greatly while soloing, even while holy spec.

I leveled a priest from 15 to 70 doing nothing but dungeons and had a great time.
    I tried to level a healadin doing nothing but dungeons and it was a disaster. Paladins just don't have many spells or inherent abilities that make them fun to heal with at low levels.

My advice is to level as Retribution to 60, then start your life as a healadin in the Outland instances. You'll still have tons of time to hone your healing skills, you'll have enough talent points to get Beacon, and you'll be doing "modern" fun content.

10+ Year Old Account

It really depends on your levelling style. If you're never going to touch PvP battlegrounds, then I'd go with the mail heirlooms from the Heroism Badge Vendors. If you ARE going to PvP on a regular basis, then I'd go with the plate Wintergrasp heirlooms. I levelled a DK from 58-80 exclusively in AV, it was good times. But yeah, go with what you like.

I suggest tanking to outlands. Ques for tanks are instant and paladin tanks are low level kings. Come outlands is when healers get slim because of dks. I'd say level yank, you could use the same spellpower shoulders and chest, though I'd go plate version, for tanking till Outland. After that go holy. You will probably won't a different wepaon for prot than holy.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

First, I leveled my main Paladin as Holy up to level 60 ... it probably took 1/3 longer than if I had just gone Ret and completed quests. If you are going to be leveling almost exclusively in dungeons, then you are probably better off going Holy up until you can dual spec so that you have the option of Ret/Holy (also, try to keep your gear for both specs while you are leveling so you don't have to start from scratch). If you happen to have some level 80 that runs with you, you will "probably" be more valuable as DPS than as a healer, in most cases. I personally have Prot/Holy, and while it is a GREAT combination for getting through the queue process for dungeons, I just have zero stopping power. Outside of dungeons, everything for quests or whatever you kill in either Prot or Holy will take 2-3 times longer than if you were Ret.

If you are used to healing with other addons, then use what you are comfortable with. If you want something simple that you can customize slightly, then Healbot is my healing recommendation. I have not leveled a character in a while, but since the WoW interface changes, I have gotten rid of Carbonite (I was a paying subscriber) and QuestHelper. You may benefit from the EveryQuest one, but I don't have first hand experience with that in particular.

PallyPower ... I honestly am ASHAMED by any paladin that does not have this addon and keeps it enabled. It is extremely useful, even in 5-man dungeons, as you can get grouped with another Paladin, and it makes keeping your buffs sorted and the timer shows you when to renew them. I also HIGHLY recommend Paladin Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield Tracker (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcbpt.aspx). This will give you a separate set of timer bars just for Paladin Healing (Beacon, Sacred Shield, Judgment of the Pure, Flash of Light HOT on Sacred Shield). This will also alert you with DBM like sounds (select the sound you like, mine is AHOOOGAH) along with a large icon telling you to recast specific buffs in combat.

Also, keep this in mind if you decide to go into PVP battlegrounds, with the next small patch they are going to reduce the amount of XP you earn in BGs by 50% , so this may not be a good selection for leveling quickly (at least it may not be after the patch releases).
    "How do you write women so well?" - Blonde woman that doesn't expect what is about to happen ...
    "I think of a man ... and I take away reason, and accountability." - Melvin (Jack Nicholson), As Good As It Gets

just levelled my second paladin, now 78. I levelled from 1-78 holy and dont regret it, go healer and from levle 15 you can do instances. at those levels you level once during each instance you do (slows down later tho) plus near to zero wait times.

60-70 can be a tad frustrating as every group at those levels consists mainly of DK's, who think with their superior starter gear can chainpulltank The ramparts.