Poll: Which Battleground do you dislike/hate the most?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Which Battleground do you dislike/hate the most?

I hate all of them. 30+ queue times just make them not fun. Sometimes even been in queue for 3 hours before I gave up. They need to change the system to allow for faster queues

Isle, always a friggin long que and if we do finally get in then it is 40horde vs 15-20 ally. Then the actual bg isnt much fun, there is very little actual pvp in it. On the flipside I would say that AB is my favorite :P

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry I find , at least for me, what makes bgs bad are these 2 factors.

1. Number of players-
    I enjoy WSG, AB and eots mostly just because they are smaller and you don't run into lag spikes and die before you get out of it.

2. Vehicles-

Sorry but i hate them. Faster than players makes melee and casters look foolish.

Thus AV, SOTA, and IOC all are bad

SOTA -> The worst BG ever. The whole idea is broken.

Strand is by far the worst. Pleeeease blizz no more siege/gun bg's. Isle of Conquest was fun at first, but became old quick. We need a new AV type bg asap.

I Warsong Gulch with a passion. When I played Horde toons a couple years ago, it was just too easy, Horde offensive racials back then made winning WSG almost an obligation and I did win lots of matches. After Arena S3, it became boring. The difference a great player in excellent gear makes is unbelievable and that could ruin it for entire teams.

WSG is more about individual skills nowadays. If you are any good, you zerg in, run out and strive to be alive hoping that your teammates are not morons. I have never seen real group strategies and I find it to be boring BG, especially if you have a spec that is not that great in PvP (let's say a Boomkin ou Ele Shaman). It is a lot more about how good you are at duelling people and running away. I hate that.

Still love AV because of what it was in the past and due to the fact that most people who say "there is no PvP in AV" do not bother to get a group to do some actual PvP in AVs. Get a nice group of fifteen players, that's all you need to win. Recap stuff and that's it. Most teams only know how to rush, cap and wait, then kill boss. Others have tanks and healers enough down the bosses with the battlemasters up. So what? Do not let them. End of story =]

AB
    WSG
    EOTS
    AV
    SOTA
    IOC

I hated SOTA so much that I never even tried IOC..

AV should be the one on top, but it got ruined when people started to zerg it. Remember when it was released and you did quests and such and it could be the same battle for days. There was one spectacular quest I remember, a rescue quest. It gave you a follow up quest which would reward you with a portable shredder, got it the first day AV was out, probably server first out of 3-4 ppl who actually got it. Alot of ppl didn't even know about it and thought it was too expensive to get. Though it was set to remain for 3 days played, but it bugged and I had it like til it was removed from servers.

found a link to the quest sorry for OT.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Zinfizz..._Shredder_Unit

I am starting to like all of them. AV used to be my least favorite because offense as a rogue is terrible, but I am starting to like the whole defending thing. I also like the fact that I can make a 55k hp tank fold over at drek because you can't dodge/block while stunned/disarmed. Oh yeah, wound poison is nice too...

Shame on you guys saying AV!
    You have no respect for PvP if you dont like to play AV.
    AV is my favorite BG! 8D

And I voted for Sota btw, because it is to many noobs that doesnt know what to do. Like you have to go back and get bombs, get catapults, defend GY's, Stun/CC enemies trying to nuke your catapults, instead they try to make their way in by keeling enemy players and when they forced em back to a gate they go and say "Oh what now? lol" /sigh.

Also Lol at ppl controlling catapults who go for the nearest wall, you're supposed to go all 4 catapults on the same damn wall >_< But obv Alliance in my battlegroup are to retarded for Sota.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    AV is my favorite BG! 8D

And I voted for Sota btw, because it is to many noobs that doesnt know what to do. Like you have to go back and get bombs, get catapults, defend GY's, Stun/CC enemies trying to nuke your catapults, instead they try to make their way in by keeling enemy players and when they forced em back to a gate they go and say "Oh what now? lol" /sigh.

Also Lol at ppl controlling catapults who go for the nearest wall, you're supposed to go all 4 catapults on the same damn wall >_< But obv Alliance in my battlegroup are to retarded for Sota.
    Who is "Who kills the boss fastest" good PvP?

10+ Year Old Account

AV is my favorite BG! 8D

Dude reroll horde, we need more people like you...!

And yeah, AV is the battleground. If you don't like it, you don't like PvP.

10+ Year Old Account

Eots, Screw eots.

This is a tough one. My rating as for BGs on my battlegroup is... well they are all tied for suck. I voted for WSG not because I hate the BG, but because I hate the BG on my battlegroup more than any other.

Now if you take the BG in its purest form, meaning you have 10/15/40 people all in vent together, fighting a opposing team of the same caliber (in other words, a fun, more or less even fight), I think it is easier to rate the BGs. I would go from best to worst as AB then WSG (close call) followed by EOTS, AV, Isle, then SOTA (not close).

I don't understand why people hate vehicles so much... It doesn't take half a brain cell to learn how to use one.

Dur there's only 3 buttons... which ones do I push? dur...

I think people don't like strands because there are too many dumb people who don't understand the concept. Like, don't fight at the beach when your keep is about to be broken.

AV is probably the most terrible BG. It was the most broken BG to begin with thanks to terrain imbalance. I wouldn't even call it a battle ground. AV used to be a battle ground when it had actual pvp in it. Now people just want instant gratification. The mobs are so weak compared to the free epics they're giving out that alliance just end up zerging the boss.

Why would I want to spend 10 minutes in an queue for AV when we just lose in 5 minutes? Or if horde some how wins AV in 5 minutes, why would I want to win with just 300 honor? That's not fun at all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

How the hell can people hate SotA more than EotS? Eye of the Storm is bloody horrendous, and yeah, Alterac Valley is the best and as soon as Blizzard make another Battleground like it I will gladly double my monthly fee to them.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize
    5 SotA dailies in 10days on Terenas, meh can't stand the place. IoC is almost as bad but at least it's easy to afk on a turret reading a book while the horde outnumber you 40-25.
    Thats not true im on terenas and alliance outnumber horde by a long shot.
    Hey everyone

AV is my favorite BG! 8D
    umm... which part of AV actually includes any PVP at all??

AV has the LEAST amount of pvp.AV is the only BG where you can win without even getting in combat with any players.

You just like it because it's been alliance controlled since day one. Flip the map around and it'd be a different story.

I voted for sota as well. pretty much all my reasons have been brought up by others. As for the AV quandary, i did play back when AV was ~6hours, and much like now, it had its +/-'s. I loved that there was more "pvp", but i didnt particularly like the necessary time to put in for a win. I find WG enjoyable because i think the resources work well together (i.e. you can split into small groups and take the towers or the shops, while the rest of the raid zergs the fort). For myself, my favorite BG at the moment is AB (as it usually is, unless i enter several 4 caps in a row) then wsg, simply because of the simplified goals, and constant blood-spewing pvp action (unless your suck on D). I really think that a top notch BG for cata would be simple, yet fun, just like the ones that got many of us evolved and intrigued back in the beginning.

I hate SotA with its vehicles stuff. It was fun few first BGs, then it got dull and boring. Moreover, after year and a half after release, most people are still clueless what to do, at least in my battlegroup. Some also afk or just mount a turret and do nothing or fire at random spots. My second hated BG is AB, but not because of the concept, but because of these retards that don't call out incs and don't fight at the flags. My favorite bg is AV, not the blitz one though. I think it's actually fun to turtle sometimes.