Thread: [ENH] Crit Cap

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[ENH] Crit Cap

Can you guys help me how much is the crit cap? I have 48,76% crit unbuffed w/o totems. I fear getting too clos to cap with raid buffs.
    I cant find the answer how many is the crit cap.

Re: [ENH] Crit Cap

in all logic if u are hit capped you'd think it'd be 100%

I belive it is75% because 25% will always glance.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

well i know this is for rogues but i would think it works for all melee

http://wow.filltheglass.org/crit_cap.php

24% glancing blows to be precise.

Crit Cap = 100 - 24 - 4.8 - ([214 - X] * 0.0305) - ([886- Y] * 0.0305)
    Where X = your current expertise rating and Y = your current hit rating.
    And you can remove 32.79 hit rating for every % hit increase you get from talents/heroic presence.
    Life's a bitch, but she ain't bitching as much as you do!

The Enh crit cap calc from EJ's forums

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t87972-e...3/#post1558201

Thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by palanubis
    24% glancing blows to be precise.

Crit Cap = 100 - 24 - 4.8 - ([214 - X] * 0.0305) - ([886- Y] * 0.0305)
    Where X = your current expertise rating and Y = your current hit rating.
    And you can remove 32.79 hit rating for every % hit increase you get from talents/heroic presence.
    Correct, except the 4.8% crit depression is taken off your char's listed crit chance, so it has no bearing on the crit cap, which people worry about based on their paperdoll crit, only on the actual effective crit you have.

Found an EJ thread which overturns this, apparently we can stack crit rating to 4.8% past crit cap and push crit depression off the table.

For enhance we can modify that formula as follows

Horde:
    Crit Cap = 100 - 24 + 4.8 - ((140 - X) * 0.0305) - ((689 - Y) * 0.0305) - 9 - 3

Space Goat:
    Crit Cap = 100 - 24 + 4.8 - ((140 - X) * 0.0305) - ((656 - Y) * 0.0305) - 9 - 3

Where X = your current expertise rating or 140 whichever is smaller and Y = your current hit rating

The 9 represents elemental devastation, the 3 represents heart of the crusader/ToW, hit and expertise caps adjusted according to the assumption that you have DW spec and Unleashed Rage.

Basically pull up your char sheet after you finish buffing (kings, mark, SoE) for a raid but before you pull the boss, if your crit chance is higher than the listed amounts above you are past the crit cap. If you have a fury warrior but no feral druid (dps or tank) add 5% to what your character sheet says. You might further consider the nature of your trinkets, IE Death's Choice/Verdict gives a substantial amount of crit chance when it procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

as crit is on pretty much every item, as well as agility, you might at some point want to stack up on hit-rating/exp on gear.

the thought is: get stats you need, but try to get them through gear.

example:http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50656 is listed as BiS item for the breast area.

reason: with BiS-gear, we will hardly be pressed against the crit cap, so the logical thing to do is:
    1.) try to avoid crit-rating on gear
    2.) try to get hit-rating through gear, to raise your melee crit cape
    3.) try to avoid crit/agi proccing trinkets

the breastplate is especially good because it also grants expertise, which is hard to get through gear in icc.

other good items to go into that direction are:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50604
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50710

melee crit-cap becomes a pressing matter in icc and at the point you´re over the cap it´s less worth than arp.
    same goes for agility btw.

if crit-rating is worth 1.8 now, it would be worth ~ 0.9 with per point over the melee crit cap (because spells get benefit from it )
    if agility is now worth 1.7, it would be worth 1.1 when over the melee crit cap ( because we still get 1ap per agi, amplified by kings )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley

if crit-rating is worth 1.8 now, it would be worth ~ 0.9 with per point over the melee crit cap (because spells get benefit from it )
    if agility is now worth 1.7, it would be worth 1.1 when over the melee crit cap ( because we still get 1ap per agi, amplified by kings )
    Your estimations ignore special attacks, which cannot glance and thus won't crit cap. This makes them really far off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

you´re right, my bad. :P totally forgot about those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher

I still cant believe i have to get 505 hit raiting to not be cap-ped at crit.
    here is my character:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ike&gn=Failure
    here is a screenshot:

(klick on it if u cant see)

What is happening if i am capped of Crit Chance? Do i have to worry about it? Just asking because last night i did 15% less dps in better gear than last time in ToGC 25.
    I just asking since i checked many of high geared shaman and they looks never worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boboca
    What is happening if i am capped of Crit Chance? Do i have to worry about it?
    If you go over the crit cap all the crit over cap will be partially wasted since your auto-attacks will no longer benefit from it. Special attacks and spells will continue to benefit from crit after the cap, so that's why it's only partially wasted. Yes, you should worry about it since you will be gimping your dps if you do not gem enough hit to overcome the crit cap. Hit will be the best stat hands down if you are over crit cap, assuming that you're expertise capped.

I just asking since i checked many of high geared shaman and they looks never worry about it.
    Then these shamans are unaware of the impact that crit cap has on our dps, and they are gearing and gemming themselves incorrectly.

Deleted

please note that Rawr is specifically designed for questions like this. it tells you if you are over the crit cap, how much and can even make suggestions on how to overcome crit capping.

according to Rawr.Enh, you are not crit capped. i think you entered the wrong numbers in that sheet. you should enter your unbuffed crit chance, I.E. as it appears on the armory.

edit: also, unless i'm mistaken, that crit chance should be without 5% crit buff, elemental devastation and 3% crit buff. those are all built into the formulas:

Code:
    =(E6+E11+17)
    this is the formula used in cell E13, your fully buffed crit. that 17 is 9 (ED)+3 (ToW/HotC)+5 (LotP/Ramp).

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall
    stuff
    I believe the differences with Rawr and the previously mentioned crit cap calculator come from the fact that Rawr does not consider ED as a stable 9% crit buff but instead calculates the crit gained from ED based on its uptime.

Thank you for the answers!
    Now i capped with 0.1%. should i get 10 more hit raiting? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nzall
    you should enter your unbuffed crit chance, I.E. as it appears on the armory.
    Nope those are unbuffed stats, pretty same in the armory.

Thank you for the answers!
    Now i capped with 0.1%. should i get 10 more hit raiting? ???
    Nope those are unbuffed stats, pretty same in the armory.
    You are probably fine with that amount of hit, but the only way to get a definite answer to your question is to use EnhSim.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Correct, except the 4.8% crit depression is taken off your char's listed crit chance, so it has no bearing on the crit cap, which people worry about based on their paperdoll crit, only on the actual effective crit you have.

Found an EJ thread which overturns this, apparently we can stack crit rating to 4.8% past crit cap and push crit depression off the table.
    Would you mind linking to that thread please? I'm moderately certain that it's impossible to push that 4.8% non-crit hit off of the table and the maximum amount of critical hits that it's possible to have, with a crit chance of 76% or higher is 71.2%, with crit depression always morphing 4.8% of your crits against bosses to hits regardless of the amount of crit that you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylla
    Would you mind linking to that thread please? I'm moderately certain that it's impossible to push that 4.8% non-crit hit off of the table and the maximum amount of critical hits that it's possible to have, with a crit chance of 76% or higher is 71.2%, with crit depression always morphing 4.8% of your crits against bosses to hits regardless of the amount of crit that you have.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t87972-e...s_tow_hotc/p3/
    http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t76785-c...mbat_table/p3/