Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

my diseases keep falling off (unholy)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Fallennzall

as unholy, keeping your diseases up is fundamental to your DPS. however, i first apply them, but then i start tunnelvisioning and generally forget to reapply them in time. i primarily run heroics, so for trash (that dies before the diseases run out) it does not matter, but for most bosses, i tend to lose a lot of DPS.

is there anything that can help me keep an eye on my disease uptime?

Re: my diseases keep falling off (unholy)

Maybe alter your rotation a bit so you don't have to worry about the diseases time limit as much.
    I don't really play unholy though so i don't know a whole lot :[

Get Need to Know or any other mod like that. It'll give you a better way to see when you're about to run out.

i would say get a timer addon, or a UI addon that allows you to increase the size of ur debuffs on ur taget to make it easier to see. if the problem is truly tunnelvision, than there isn't anything anyone can say here to fix it.

Deleted

You admit it's yourself who forget it... so ain't it simple? Just try to be more observative :P

Also: what Elrin said, there are loads of addons for it out there

A simple option is Tell Me When, which you can have show you any buff/debuffs you're interested in.
    For actually ensuring uptime, I tend to lean towards using DoTimer still, but it's a bit of a pain to configure. Also, I still haven't figured out a way to keep it looking clean.

For DK-specific mods, Acherus Runes (I think that was the name) used to be really quite nice.

Edit: The reason I like DoTimer is it gives you the option to do full-screen flashes (like Omen's aggro thing) of various colors when something is wearing off or procs, etc.

That helps fight tunnel vision a lot. I think you can have it do sounds as well.

I use Power Auras Classic to inform me in giant, neon colored, impossible-to-miss symbols on my screen when my target doesn't have both diseases up.

your supposed to re-apply them, otherwise they will keep falling off
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank

i think quartz does it too... it does for my flame shock atleast

well I have same problem with my blood dk, frost fewer falls off before last heartstrike is done, this is the cause of LAG, fix your internet and go pwn stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

what about using Glyph of Disease?

I think a good addon to use is Classtimer, I like quartz for my cast bars but not for my class buffs and debuffs because either you can't add things like trinket procs and blood lust or I just don't know how... but anyway. I use ClassTimer (one word) for all characters I play. What it does is monitor your buffs and their duration with bars. When you install the addon all you have to do is do /classtimer to bring up the menu, change w/e you want.

do it the hard way; remove everything that shows your durations and force yourself to learn your rotation and tick in the head

thats what i did atleast, but simple solution would be classtimer

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes
    do it the hard way; remove everything that shows your durations and force yourself to learn your rotation and tick in the head

thats what i did atleast, but simple solution would be classtimer
    Yeah, you just need to know your rotation good enough that you can do it in your sleep, or your going to find that it starts to hold you back a lot.

Power auras are good as well, and you can also configure then to show procs, trinkets etc. so you can unleash the perfect gargoyle
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

mh get glyph of disease and/or
    "debuff-filter" (add frostfever and bloodplague)
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ff-filter.aspx

A very good addon would be Magic Runes. I personally can't play my DK with the standard supplied by blizzard. This addon shows your runes and their cooldown, the amount of runic power you have accumulated below these, and in the bottom which diseases that are currently active on your target and the remaining duration. It's all arranged in a column you can place directly below your character or wherever you'd prefer.

It's a commonly used addon, it's really simple and it will make your dps better compared to not using it or something similar, because it allows you to plan ahead instead of just mashing buttons and trying to follow everything that's going on in the bossfight, and at the same time looking 3 different places for information on your resources and diseases.

Magic Runes
    Magic Runes
    Magic Runes

Get it now. It's in the Curse addon section under DK specific addons.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Fallennzall

as unholy, keeping your diseases up is fundamental to your DPS. however, i first apply them, but then i start tunnelvisioning and generally forget to reapply them in time. i primarily run heroics, so for trash (that dies before the diseases run out) it does not matter, but for most bosses, i tend to lose a lot of DPS.

is there anything that can help me keep an eye on my disease uptime?
    There's your problem right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

thats when you press the button again and reapply

Powerauras are pretty good for setting up visual aids for when buffs are on you or debuffs are on your target, give that a whirl

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crhme
    A very good addon would be Magic Runes. I personally can't play my DK with the standard supplied by blizzard. This addon shows your runes and their cooldown, the amount of runic power you have accumulated below these, and in the bottom which diseases that are currently active on your target and the remaining duration. It's all arranged in a column you can place directly below your character or wherever you'd prefer.

It's a commonly used addon, it's really simple and it will make your dps better compared to not using it or something similar, because it allows you to plan ahead instead of just mashing buttons and trying to follow everything that's going on in the bossfight, and at the same time looking 3 different places for information on your resources and diseases.

Magic Runes
    Magic Runes
    Magic Runes

Get it now. It's in the Curse addon section under DK specific addons.
    Waht this guy said, except change Magic Runes to DKI for me. ( I just prefer Deathknight.info Diseases/Runes over Magic Runes :P Not to say MR is bad, just personal preference really. )