Ui mods and or addons for prot warriors?

I'm in the process of getting my feet wet and I was wondering what are some Ui mods that are necessary to be successful and any good recommendations that could prove helpful as well. Thanks for any help.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Ui mods and or addons for prot warriors?

ive been prot through whole wotlk 2.8 and a bit of ulduar until i went fury for totc and icc.
    Im using a mix of; Xperl, ragebar, miks scrolling battle text, Fortexorcist, power auras and for my hotbar and such im using lucidity (since I like to keep it simple and basic).
    Atleast this works fine for me tanking 10man ICCs and dpsing in 25mans, guess this is quite enough for a casual raider :>
    These can all be modified by urself for ur personal needs in a quite simple way

well the only addon i say is a must to do your job as a tank i a boss mod addon so you know when to use a CD and when to taunt off

otherwise i say get addons that makes so your screen is less cludders with bars and stuff so you can see what is going on

tbh its not a must but one I absolutely love is called vigilance tracker simple just shows on a small but visible tab who has vigilance and how longs left on it.

An ABSOLUTE MUST for ANY tank is Omen. Its not as important on single target fights since threat will rarely be an issue there. But on aoe packs, especially as a warrior since you have to work harder to tab devastate/shield slam, you need to be able to see quickly which mobs are safe to leave alone for awhile and which ones to stay on for a gcd or two.

The addons I have that are useful for tanking are:
    Bartender
    Grid & Clique
    DBM
    IceHUD
    MikScrollingBattleText
    Omen
    OmniCC
    Pitbull 3
    Power Auras
    Tank Warnings
    Tidy Plates: Threat Plates

EDIT:
    Being the Main Tank in my guild, I require every single person to have Omen. Just because the tank is supposed to hold threat on everything, doesnt mean he can all the time and dps needs to be aware if theyre about to pull aggro. So imo, get it regardless if youre a healer, dps or a tank.