Protection PVP, looking for thoughts and info

Recently, I've been experimenting with PVP as protection. I don't mean prot healing, I mean running around as a dps, but specced prot with a shield and one hander.

I'm looking for advice, specifically with talent spec, spell usage, and mana management.

I've looked around a number of websites (EJ,Arena Junkies, and even tried googling it) and havent been able to find anything substantial. I was hoping there might be some people in these paladin forums who could help me with some information, or even just a link to a thread/site with all this information if such a thing exists.

Re: Protection PVP, looking for thoughts and info

Do search of this forum. There have been numerous threads on the topic.

There isn't anything substantial on these forums, either. I did a search a while back on the same thing. Experiment with it is the best advice I can give.

Btw, my 5s went 10-3 in the 1950-2k matchmaking range. Tree, DK, P-ret, disc, ele sham.

well i've tried it before, many times.
    i tickled arena for a little bit and found that for battlegrounds its great, especially against mellee classes such as rogues or warriors, you can outlast the stuns and take quite a beating, till they get bored or you kill them, which it really is a "kill em slowly" spec to try.
    for spec i'd suggest prot/ret crit damage spec
    with shield of righteousness, Avengers Shield and divine plea glyph

focus on strength and stack block value for massive ShoR hits
    doesnt trump ret in arena, or for burning in battlegrounds, but its a fun and different aspect
    prepare for mana problems though and bring a healer to be extremely effective. your also very useful in say AV

Standard spec is 0/54/17, but you should also consider 7/52/12.

Typical glyphs are ShoR, Judgement, and Avengers Shield, but you can throw Divine Plea and Salv in there if they fit your situation.

Gem all strength, while picking up the hit off pieces to stay above 5%.

Coordinate CC amongst your team mates, and have fun. PRet is Ret 2.0, not as much damage but all the extra tools to compensate.