Page 1 of 3
LastLast

human warrior dps problems

hi,i am new to this board and joined out of desperation.i have been playning wow since about dec/09 and have been building a human warrior and doing a lousy job at it i must say.i have reached lvl 80 and my dps absoloutly stinks.i have tried several talent specs ,but stayed with fury.i am looking for any help possible,because i am just about to delete charater.if it was not for the fact that he is 450 minning and 450 blacksmithing i would have allready.i am actually getting the boot on several dungeons and i am not to happy,can you more experienced players help.thanks in advance...

Re: human warrior dps problems

Well to start off we could use an armory link.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknoth
    Well to start off we could use an armory link.
    can you tell me how please and i will

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysteelz
    Whats your toons name and what server are you
    bighurt-hydraxis

You have a mixture of tank, caster, and PvP ger, so yeah, that would be the problem. Take some time to learn about your class and what different stats do. All you need to do is hover over "Intelligence" to see that it is a wasted stat for you.

But yea, DEFINITELY get a 2nd weapon before anything else. Fury is for duel wielding. If you want to use just one weapon, you respec to arms. Either play style is fine.

When you get a 2nd weapon, put your best one in your main hand. The one with the highest weapon damage.
    i have had 2 weapons but did not seem to matter to much.which would you go for maces or swords

@bigroo, use whatever weapon you can get, as long as its not a staff tbh.

The dude is made an account just to post so i sympathize with him since obiosuly hes putting in some effort to learn about his class.

But yea dude, get a second weapon for your offhand. It will made a difference. The offhand will generqate you more rage so you can use bloodthirst and whirlwind when theyre up.

You should be doing :

WW --> BT --> Heroic Strike when you have about 50 extra rage or so in your level of gear. You laways want enough rage to use WW and BT when there off CD so using HS too much will rage starve you.

It doesnt matter what weapon you use, but it has to be a sword, mace, or axe. It has to be a 2hander. Do NOT use a one hand weapon. Or a weapon labeled as an offhand. You want the to be slow. 3.20 speed or slower. The slower the weapon, the harder it will hit.
    again thanks i will do all that and get back to you

10+ Year Old Account

step 1
    1. put damage per second gear on.
    replace your helm,neck,shoulders, hands, shoes, both rings, and your second trink with gear that has attack power, strength, critical strike, hit, agility and armor penetration stats only. That means no defense, no intelligence, no spell power, no spirit. Don't be afraid to equip(rogue) leather in these slots if that is all you can get til you find a good plate replacement.

step 2
    2. Equip a second weapon and enchant both weapons with a damage enchant, enchant your new dps gear with any attack,crit, or strength buffs you can find and afford. Socket red strength gems only the highest amount per gem ie "jeweler's gem" for str is a great place to start.

step 3
    3. After your gear problem is fixed then you should worry about your attack rotation but as long as your gear is off your dps will still crap out regardless of your attack rotation.

I would also recommend that you check some WoW-sites for info on your class. For example http://elitistjerks.com/ is a great place when you want to know how to maximize dps and stuff. I think they are also talking about armor penetration, wich you should gem instead of strenght if you have a trinket that can procc an armor pen buff, wich you can get in Forge of souls for example, wich is the 1st 5man icecrown instance.

Also, just play 5man instances all the time you have the chance to be logged on to wow (wich doesnt seem to be that often really) and gather triumph-emblems, with those I recommend you buy ilvl 232 set gear at Argent tournament, and also you get 2 frost emblems per day from that.

Good luck in the future and really, do NOT delete your char, atleast he can just sit there inactive when you play another class if you want, it's only time wasted if you delete it and it won't change anything if your warrior still exists on your account.

Honestly, OP, the best thing you can do is read.

Read warrior forums stickies on Fury Warriors, and for that matter, any thread thats topic seems to be Fury Warriors.

Go read Elitist Jerks forums on Fury Warriors

Even searching things such as "Fury Warrior Basics" on google helps,

Reading will teach you a lot, and it's easier to sift through and find what you need than to ask people a vague question

Good luck to you.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dumsnut
    I would also recommend that you check some WoW-sites for info on your class. For example http://elitistjerks.com/ is a great place when you want to know how to maximize dps and stuff. I think they are also talking about armor penetration, wich you should gem instead of strenght if you have a trinket that can procc an armor pen buff, wich you can get in Forge of souls for example, wich is the 1st 5man icecrown instance.
    Strength is the most important of the dps stats especially with where his gearing is at this point in the game.

Yeah, you just need to focus on doing one thing really really well, in this case, damage. Every piece that you roll on should be a plate dps piece, i.e., str/stm... well, sometimes you can pick up a better agi/stm/AP piece, or even some good dps mail, but it should be damage oriented

Had a look at your armory and indeed your first step to take is to remove gears that have defense and spell stats. Focus on gears with str, crit, armpen, expertise and hit rate. Get the right glyphs for your class. Enchant and gem those gears, mostly with str/arpmen. Next for you to tweak is your hit rate and expertise stat. There is a thread here where it will tell at to how much of those stats you have to get.

After you have stabilized your stats and your gears, you have then to start practicing your rotation. Since you are fury, your rotation will be BT,WW,BT then Slam when BT procs, HS for rage dump (when rage is at 60%). There are dummies that you can practice your rotation on.

Ok, I'll help you out a bit without tearing you to shreds like most other people around here can't seem to resist doing.

First off, your spec is decent, but could use some work. Unbridled wrath really isn't worth speccing into.

The biggest two specs right now are:

Fury - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrc0...0eRVzAo:oMG0VM

Arms - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#Lhrcb...ioGx00x:sqm0MV

Now, I listed arms because at your gear level arms will surpass fury very easily.

Moving on to your gear...

I noticed a few pieces with +spell power and a few with +defense. Get rid of those. The stats you're looking for are:

Strength, Armor Penetration, Hit Rating (until 5% as fury, 8% as arms), Crit Rating.

Work on getting hit rating to the caps, then STR >= ArP > Crit.

Now if you plan on playing as fury, your rotation should be:

Keep whirlwind and bloodthirst off cooldown at all times. Use heroic strike when over 60 rage and you have 1 target. More than 1 and you cleave. Use slam only when you get the instant cast slam proc. Time your trinket, death wish, and recklessness for when you have bloodlust/heroism, and your target has 5 stacks of sunder armor. Use sunder armor if there is no other warrior doing so and you have a free GCD. Use execute in place of heroic strike when the target is 20% or under.

If you are arms, I'm not sure of the rotation anymore, but I'm sure another poster will let you know!

Get all the gear as other people said. Finding people in your guild to run heroics with would be a nice start. If you are staying fury, change your glyphs, because you can't even use bladestorm and you shouldn't need to use enraged regeneration.

If you can't find another wep and then decide to go arms, the rotation is based off priority.
    Rend
    Mortal Strike
    Bladestorm if up
    Overpower when Taste for Blood is lit
    Execute
    Slam as filler
    This is probably the best way for you to best manage your rotation. You may find it useful to read the sticky on the warrior forum about these two specs.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm no warrior, but I can point out some glaring issues (assuming you aren't trolling ...)
    1) spellpower, intellect, spirit. these are stats you *NEVER*
    want
    2) defense is primary a stat you want for tanking, ie, you've spent points in protection. For dps, its not good.
    3) you are missing a lot of enchants and gems. While I don't except you to get top enchants considering your gear level and understanding of the game, some cheap 5g strength gems from the auction house are completely reasonable
    4) titan grip/fury warriors use two 2-handed weapons. Read the last talent you added to in fury.
    5) your glyphs are clearly wrong. One is for an ability you do not have (blade storm) and one is for an ability you have no business using in dps (frenzied regeneration)
    6) for all intensive purposes for you, anything thats plate & has strength (minus anything with defense, dodge, parry, block) are good for you.
    7) your blacksmithing profession allows you to have 3 extra sockets on your gear for jewel crafting gems. get the sockets, then get the gems
    8) run randoms, get triumph loot.

10+ Year Old Account

Completely off topic, but I have to say: this thread made my day... The amount of helpful posts in this thread warms my heart. My first thought when I saw his armory was "Oh dear. The poor thing is going to get flamed down and out..." but thankfully you've all given me something to smile about. It's truly invigorating to see that the internet isn't run by a bunch of angry teenagers who will jump at any chance to chastise and berate a less knowledgable player (or at the very least that these posers posters are pruned by moderators quite swiftly.).

Thank you.

Mortimer, I couldn't agree more...when I saw the beginning of this thread I was thinking, "Oh god, this guy's gonna get crucified in here!" Apparently the new moderators are doing their job, bc it's actually a HELPFUL thread. Good work gentlemen! (I was beginning to think they no longer existed around here)

thanks to all that helped i managed to turn it around enough t stay with it and dps has gone up.i also picked up a couple of new weapons and changed some gear.it is hard to find gear with armour pen.i need to enchant ,change a few glyphs and make some sockets for gems.please take a look at my character and feel free to offer more advise as i go.have not been doing to good in battle field raids though to many spells and rouques lying in the wait.