Thread: Marks of Honor

Marks of Honor

Ok so honor farming is easy everyone knows that but, I have noticed the rewards for trading in marks of honor has not changed despite having more battlegrounds with more marks. From what I recall it was something like 1400 honor before they added sota and ioc. Not only that, honor is the only thing to spend mark's on that's worthwhile anyway after buying the mounts. Correct me if I'm wrong please do because it might just be me and my bad memory,
    anyone have any idea if blizz plans to change these things maybe add more mark based rewards or more honor gain from trading them in maybe more mounts who knows suggestions or corrections welcome, Thanks

Re: Marks of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Shinning
    Ok so honor farming is easy everyone knows that but, I have noticed the rewards for trading in marks of honor has not changed despite having more battlegrounds with more marks. From what I recall it was something like 1400 honor before they added sota and ioc. Not only that, honor is the only thing to spend mark's on that's worthwhile anyway after buying the mounts. Correct me if I'm wrong please do because it might just be me and my bad memory,
    anyone have any idea if blizz plans to change these things maybe add more mark based rewards or more honor gain from trading them in maybe more mounts who knows suggestions or corrections welcome, Thanks
    Nope, its definetly gone up, unfortunately it only went up by around 150 for the new bgs

Well that sucks especially to say you get 2k for 30 stonekeepers shards yet only 1.5k for doing one of each which on average is like 2 hours for 1 of each sometimes longer

Quote Originally Posted by Shinning
    Well that sucks especially to say you get 2k for 30 stonekeepers shards yet only 1.5k for doing one of each which on average is like 2 hours for 1 of each sometimes longer
    Yup. but you would be getting approximately 1k honor for a win so

5 x 1k = 5000 honor = around 7.5k honor = 12.5k honor for around 2 hours work with a minimum of 1 win of each bg.

If you're a tank and your faction holds WG than of course Dungeon grinding is way better (maybe not in raw honor but from the badges you're getting you're also making gold)

I'm currently grinding out Battlemaster - I only have 1 luck based one left (Come from behind in ab 500 down, it never happens) and around 40 wins needed in each bg along with a few grindy ones so I should have a lot of marks by then =]]]

I bearly ever turn in those or even try to gather. Why?
    Simply because in my BG group getting some BG running is a miracle (Raseri/Frenzy EU). I get more honor from doing heroics while we have Wintergrasp than if I sit waiting for any BG 9-30mins (and most of the time we lose anyway). And with how long it takes for a season to end, by the time new one starts I have enough tokens to get all honor pieces the very same day it hits.