Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Bryntroll in main hand?

Agree with this GUY ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sogord
    Worthless?

Cryptmaker has roughly the same dps as bryntroll but better overall damage. So you should keep this as mainhand until you pickup your BiS MH(shadow's edge). For your offhand you don't want the bryntroll since the proc will be completely useless. That's where the butcher comes in.
    With the heroic dual blade butcher you get 94 crit and 94 armor pen.

For those capping armor pen, this combination will give you armor pen from two weapons and not just one (when using bryntroll).

Next time try to use some common sense instead of having to get everything explained to you.
    OMG JUST GET SHADOWMOURNE AND HEROIC GLORENZELG STOP BEING A BADDIE.

Never mind that the ICC 10 LK weapon is actually better than H JB... (Two red sockets same stats but H JB has red and a blue)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Wow, this is just such incredibly bad advice I don't even know where to begin.

Top-end is not a DPS stat for anyone. The closest thing to a DPS stat you'd find here would be average damage, and even that is largely irrelevant as it's just a function of Weapon DPS * Speed. Bryntroll is nearly 100% worthless in the offhand since it just doesn't proc.

And there is no way in hell that dummy testing, worthless as it is for Fury, would confirm your theory. If anything it'd significantly amplify the effects of the Bryntroll since our damage is such complete ass without raid buffs.

Thanks for posting completely worthless advice. Come again!
    Incredibly bad advice? I don't think so. WEAPON DAMAGE = 3/5 of a Fury Warrior's DPS. The only attacks they do that aren't weapon damage based are Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike, ba-derp. All other abilities that score high numbers on their Recounts are based off Weapon Damage. What do you think I mean when I talk about "top-end" damage? WEAPON DAMAGE...again, ba-derp. While I admit that dummy testing isn't the same as raiding...again, ba-derp...what can a guy do when he's not slaughtering enemies in ICC or elsewhere? For a fourth time...ba-derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomatose
    Incredibly bad advice? I don't think so. WEAPON DAMAGE = 3/5 of a Fury Warrior's DPS. The only attacks they do that aren't weapon damage based are Bloodthirst and Heroic Strike, ba-derp. All other abilities that score high numbers on their Recounts are based off Weapon Damage.
    Heroic Strike doesn't scale with weapon damage; or rather it does, but since as a result of the speed you just use it less often it doesn't actually increase your damage output to use a slower or faster weapon. Deep Wounds scales mildly off speed and very little off listed weapon range, but this is again a fairly minor consideration... as is Whirlwind, for that matter.

Going from a 3.4 speed weapon to a 3.6 speed weapon at item level 264 results in a damage increase of ~59 on each Whirlwind; factor in a ~55% crit rate and Impale, and the total effect on each MH Whirlwind works out to a hair under 98 damage. Yes, this is indeed a stunningly large development when the average MH Whirlwind attack produces ~7500 damage in my gear.

Of course, this is simple enough to test in the spreadsheet. Playing around with the weapon stats and moving my Shadow's Edge from 3.7 base speed to 3.4 base speed results in a DPS loss of... wait for it... 40 DPS. Yes, speed is a huge factor in determining which weapon to pick. HERPA-BA-DERPA, DUMBASS.

What do you think I mean when I talk about "top-end" damage? WEAPON DAMAGE...again, ba-derp. While I admit that dummy testing isn't the same as raiding...again, ba-derp...what can a guy do when he's not slaughtering enemies in ICC or elsewhere? For a fourth time...ba-derp.
    Given that your post said "speed means nothing", my initial assumption was that you were a moron. Subsequent evidence has done nothing to disprove that assessment.

Average weapon damage is weapon DPS * speed, so saying that it isn't relevant while also suggesting that you should look at top-end damage (which is to say, one half of the information about average weapon damage) just makes you terribly, terribly confused.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

If you have 2 iLvl 264 weapons, you should use byn'troll in mainhand. It is better then having shadow's edge in mh and byn'troll in oh.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Proc weapons are terrible in the OH, and weapon speed doesn't make -that- huge of a difference. MH it.
    fixed

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sogord
    Get rid of it all together. Cryptmaker in your main hand and Heroic dual blade butcher in your offhand.
    Umm..... No?
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Actually, I am able to get Heroic Justicebrigner, my guild got ToGC on farm.

But I got my answer, Bryntroll in MH, is that correctly understood?

Quote Originally Posted by Breshone
    fixed
    Yeah, even I make thinkos sometimes. Fixed the original post, thanks for the catch.

But I got my answer, Bryntroll in MH, is that correctly understood? Smiley
    Yep.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.