Anything ever said about Gear Dying?

I was just curious if Blizzard has ever said yes or no, or even acknowledged to give a profession the ability to dye gear.

BS dye plate/mail, Leatherworkers dye leather, Tailors dye cloth, etc.

Im not saying whether or not this is a good or bad idea, just whether or not they have said something about it. Responses are appreciated.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Anything ever said about Gear Dying?

I think it would be weird, having a Pink guy running around, plus i don't think it's worth blizzard's time to do this when they have the Cataclysm coming up. Barbies Wrath Of The Bitchqueen is over

I remember when I first saw Dye in the shops I bought it and was then instantly disappointed to find it didn't work (played guild wars beta back in the day).

I'm just wondering how they'd make it work, some sort of pixel shading on gear? I've no idea of the kind of work required to implement such a thing but it would be a fantastic feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    I think it would be weird, having a Pink guy running around, plus i don't think it's worth blizzard's time to do this when they have the Cataclysm coming up. Barbies Wrath Of The Bitchqueen is over
    Ha, that'd be pretty hilarious to have people pretty in pink. Think about it though, if an item set was a little too blue for your liking you could tint (in guild wars the more dyes you use the more colourful it gets, it's not instaneously vibrant and only parts of the armour dye so it doesn't look a mess) it green, or silver. Guilds could even have their own uniforms or colour schemes. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love for this feature to be implemented as it would allow for more customization and less homogenization between players.

10+ Year Old Account

They said it's highly unlikely to happen.

15+ Year Old Account

cant say i've heard it mentioned, tho theres no reason for it not to work, as it is already implimented in aion