Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Whats your ARP % at?

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch_70
    Sorry, but your doing it wrong. Gemming arp is bad pure strenght is better AND arp food is bad also. Use 40 Strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by Harakath

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...de&cn=Harakath

And yes, i got the mace before LK drops were released.
    Stop gemming ArP it isn't as dps increasing as strenght is.

Run a simulator, bro. Arp has a stat weight of 3.5ish and Str of only 2.5 when you're specc'd blood with a decent amount of ICC 25 gear

You're doing it wrong.

Talk to me once you've upgraded all your gear past ToC and Conquest vendor items.

eh idk i think you're wrong bro,
    arp and str are ABOUT equal but not quite yet idc
    what a simulator says, it is what it is...

the best choice is to gem str for red and str crit for
    yellow sockets...so you have a decent amount of ap and
    you let your gear take care of the arp, you can easily get 40%+
    arp from gear alone. trust me i play blood,too and i do good dps.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&cn=Eternix

Mines 38.8% alittle low but im unholy and i feel like i got alot of str. ;D

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Johnlenon

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levicular
    eh idk i think you're wrong bro,
    arp and str are ABOUT equal but not quite yet idc
    what a simulator says, it is what it is...

the best choice is to gem str for red and str crit for
    yellow sockets...so you have a decent amount of ap and
    you let your gear take care of the arp, you can easily get 40%+
    arp from gear alone. trust me i play blood,too and i do good dps.
    Judging from you saying "arp and str are ABOUT equal," I'm guessing you're using generalized stat weights. Getting your EP from simming is more accurate than using EJ's stat weights can possibly be. If Praetorian is getting a weight for ArP that is that much higher than Strength, he is entirely welcome to gem ArP.

On-topic, I have 47.16%. Woo.

yeah im not calling him out or anything,
    i am just telling him what i think..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&cn=Eternix

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch_70
    Run a simulator, bro. Arp has a stat weight of 3.5ish and Str of only 2.5 when you're specc'd blood with a decent amount of ICC 25 gear

You're doing it wrong.

Talk to me once you've upgraded all your gear past ToC and Conquest vendor items.
    If yoou think that my gear has any bearing on my knowlege of the Death Knight class you are sadly mistaken.

Since you seem to be completly unaware of your own gear problems I feel the need to point them out to you especially while you turn your nose up at my gear failings for using "toc" gear meanwhile your armory is shoing your toc bracers

Probably the biggest one is the fact that you are using the wrong sigil. It isnt bis like it is for frost or unholy because blood doesnt death strike enough.

But I have no intention of wasting my time trying to reason with someone on the internet as in most cases it is simply a waste of time.

Been at 59.80% (837 ArP) for about two weeks now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...th&cn=Edgeraid

I used the simulator and it shows ARP to outweight STR. Currently working on hard capping arp *1260 for those who didn't know*, should have it by this week after a few hardmodes done =)

If yoou think that my gear has any bearing on my knowlege of the Death Knight class you are sadly mistaken.

Since you seem to be completly unaware of your own gear problems I feel the need to point them out to you especially while you turn your nose up at my gear failings for using "toc" gear meanwhile your armory is shoing your toc bracers

Probably the biggest one is the fact that you are using the wrong sigil. It isnt bis like it is for frost or unholy because blood doesnt death strike enough.

But I have no intention of wasting my time trying to reason with someone on the internet as in most cases it is simply a waste of time.
    Editing this because I was going to try and diss you, but I'll make my statement a little more clear and intelligent:

Armor Pen pulls ahead of Strength as a BLOOD death knight after you have surpassed about 50% (with blood gorged) from gear alone. This is generally at the point when you have acquired enough ICC 25 gear with a lot of strength and armor pen on it, since the shear amount of strength on the gear will suffice for not gemming for it. If you plug your character into a sim like Zerack's (what I use to determine stat weights) you will see that Armor Pen has a significantly higher stat weight than Strength does for blood. This is not a general statement that applies to all DK's; you need to run the math and sims yourself and see what stat weighs what for your own personal gear. What may be a higher stat for me will (probably) not be a higher stat for you.

If you would like to argue this intelligently, Nangz, go to WMO and look up Blood DK's on 25 man parses, there are a great deal of Blood DK's doing top-10 damage worldwide who gem armor pen.

As for the sigil, I can see how some would see it as a downgrade, and on some levels I might agree. But for any stand-still fight, the little bit of strength it gives over Virulence would translate into a DPS increase. Likewise, I should note that I acquired it 2 days ago, and lack any evidence to say that it is better or worse than Virulence. My raid parses tonight will be evident of that.

Do not go out spending all your gold on armor pen gems until you know, without a doubt, that it will increase your DPS as Blood. Blood is a considerably more tight (and somewhat difficult) spec than Unholy to play.