3v3 & 2v2 ele shaman suggestion

I would like to start playing some arenas whit my elemental shaman .
    So please some experienced players give me some suggestions about how to start [witch classes should i play whit spec and stats etc.]

10+ Year Old Account

Re: 3v3 & 2v2 ele shaman suggestion

for 2v2 i use my pve gear and a resto druid in full pvp gear could keep me up easily. idk about you though. I'd get some good pvp gear and a good affliction lock or arms warrior with pvp gear.

Warlock/ele Shaman is pretty OP if you can coordinate burst/CC together.

15+ Year Old Account

Rogue/Lock/FrostMage all seem to be viable if you're both good at coordinating your CC and time your CD's on the right moments. If you don't like going with another DPS but instead you'd like to go with a healer I guess a Holy Pala is your best choice.

I only recently started on my Elemental Shaman again so I can't really tell you much yet, but I've seen most Elemental Shamans go with these setups and fully stack gems/enchants on SP/Haste (After getting 100 Spellpen)

Do not believe the first 2 posts. Those are things that will NEVER work on any decent rating. Get 1k+ resilience.
    In 2's... I have no idea.
    3's:
    Warrior/ele/hpally
    ele/caster/heal

are basically the setups that work.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

played ele boom to 2.2k, but you both have to be exceptional players.

i doubt the combo could go any higher with lack of ms, silence and a lot of cc

Every time i do 2s i end up crying or bashing my partner. Just dont go there....

I wouldnt do 2's unless you are confident that you are in fact a good ele shaman. I wouldnt do a 3's comp that requires you to do something other than press lava burst, elemental matery and bloodlust if you are not a good ele shaman.

So Im splitting this in to 2 groups for you. 1 Skill comps, 2 cheesey non-skill comps.

Skill comps -
    3v3
    1. Rogue, Ele Shaman, Resto druid (preferably IS specc)
    2. Ele, Warrior, Resto Druid (IS specc)
    3. Ele, Afflic Lock, Resto druid
    4. Ele, Huntard, Paladin
    5. Ele, Warrior, Holy paladin.

Cheesey burst comps -
    1. Ele, Ret paladin, Disc Priest
    2. Ele, Destro, Healer
    3. Ele, Arcane mage, healer
    4. Ele, Ele, healer

Top 5 if you wan something that takes some coordination, bottom 4 if you want to run in and burst someone down in the first 15 seconds of a match. Obviously the top 5 have more longevity, but the bottom 4 should be an easy ride to 1800 with minimum skill requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak

Cheesey burst comps -
    1. Ele, Ret paladin, Disc Priest
    2. Ele, Destro, Healer
    3. Ele, Arcane mage, healer
    4. Ele, Ele, healer

Just becouse u put the classes with the most burst together doesnt make it a succesful setup in any way ><

To reiterate what everyone else has said so far, its not REALLY viable for an elemental shammy to do 2s unless you know what you're doing.

You are much better off doing 3s / 5s.

That being said I managed to get 2.2k in 2s week 1 (rofl hard...) with a mate of mine. Playing ele / spriest, the combo pretty much hinged off the spriest silence and our ability to f*cking dominate something in 0.5 seconds.

If you're interested;
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...readmaul&cn=Bj

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    Just becouse u put the classes with the most burst together doesnt make it a succesful setup in any way ><
    I said it'd be an easy grind to 1800 for an ele shaman who may not be too good at pressing buttons other than elemental mastery and lava burst. I never said anything about it being successful past that point.

Might want to read the post before you start putting words in my mouth.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

playing ELE-DISC in 2s atm, 1900 rating atm arround 2200 mmr, Its just for fun though,

The setup works, As soon as you have worked out how to play against each opposing setup, its fun to play, should try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

ELE isn't too great in 2v2 but if you must do 2s then do it with a rogue. Or a moonkin ele/moonkin is fun as hell ;D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    MINE

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    I said it'd be an easy grind to 1800 for an ele shaman who may not be too good at pressing buttons other than elemental mastery and lava burst. I never said anything about it being successful past that point.

Might want to read the post before you start putting words in my mouth.
    How is it not easier to play a good comp than a bad comp? =S