Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: are paladins fun to play as?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    If you had said Arms warrior I would agree with you. Arms is very fun. Fury, though, is tedious.
    If you had said Combat rogue I would agree with you. Combat is very fun. Mut, though, is tedious.

Edit: I don't understand how you could say that dps warriors and rogues provide more utility than a ret paladin. Perhaps you have heard of Hand of Protection? Judgement of Light? Replenishment? Judgement of Wisdom? Cleanse? Lay on Hands? Repentance?

Fury warriors provide sunder armor and rampage. Rampage is handily trumped by Leader of the Pack. Sunder Armor can be provided by any warrior. Preferably prot.

Mut rogues provide tricks of the trade and possibly blind . That is literally the entirety of your rogue utility. Paladins have infinitely more utility. The fact that you said rogues have more utility leads me to strongly believe that you have no comprehension of the meaning behind the word "utility."
    Utility was refereed to for PVP.

Which you would be arms or mut.

As for fury and mut, those are both VERY easy in pve...

FFS most of everything i do on my rogue as mut is just mutilate envenom and make sure HFB is up.. thats like, it..

Quote Originally Posted by Static
    I'm going to introduce you to this gentleman. He just bought a Retadin, never played the game before, and just learned how to make a macro to push randomely.

Ladies and Gentlemen.. Achmed the faceroller http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7218/img8115lh6.jpg
    Note: His camel playes a Prot Paladin
    If you push a macro for ret you will not do that good of dps. I would outdps someone that did that while I was wearing substantially worse gear. And not by just a little. You can't just push what comes up off cooldown. You will either go oom or you will poorly prioritize your abilities and have a slew of dead GCDs.

If you want to faceroll, just play a beastmaster hunter. You will quite literally spam one ability the entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    Utility was refereed to for PVP.

Which you would be arms or mut.

As for fury and mut, those are both VERY easy in pve...

FFS most of everything i do on my rogue as mut is just mutilate envenom and make sure HFB is up.. thats like, it..
    For PVP, ret still has a LOT of utility. Hand of Freedom, Divine Sacrifice, Sacred Shield, Hand of Sacrifice, Hammer of Justice, Judgement of Justice, and so on. Sure, a lot of it is defensive but it is still useful.

I'm not big on arena. I think ret is really quite fun in battlegrounds, far moreso than warrior or rogue (because you can heal yourself, I hate not being able to heal myself so much that I refuse to solo join battlegrounds on toons that do not have healing spells). Arena though... I don't duel ever. I don't arena ever. I'm just not into that at all. Too small scale for an rpg.

For PVP, ret still has a LOT of utility. Hand of Freedom, Divine Sacrifice, Sacred Shield, Hand of Sacrifice, Hammer of Justice, Judgement of Justice, and so on. Sure, a lot of it is defensive but it is still useful.

I'm not big on arena. I think ret is really quite fun in battlegrounds, far moreso than warrior or rogue (because you can heal yourself, I hate not being able to heal myself so much that I refuse to solo join battlegrounds on toons that do not have healing spells). Arena though... I don't duel ever. I don't arena ever. I'm just not into that at all. Too small scale for an rpg.
    Again, Warriors and rogues are A LOT better off then paladins in arena.

They have MS.

MMMMMMMMM.

SSSSSSSSSSS.

defensive utilities are useful as a ret paladin and their partner, but it can only take you so far, and slightly delayed movments will cost you.

You can get a higher rating alot easier as an arms warrior or mut rogue, Which is my point.

Offensive Utility > Defensive Utility.

What do you value more? Killing your foe? Or living?

Make that decision, do arena, and then come back to me.

Why would I do arena? It's not fun. Too much waiting, too many cheesy counter comps, too much bullcrap.

Talk about raiding or battlegrounds or just don't talk about this game. Nearly every person in the game agrees that arena is easily the worst thing to ever happen to WoW. At least 90%.

Why would I do arena? It's not fun. Too much waiting, too many cheesy counter comps, too much bullcrap.

Talk about raiding or battlegrounds or just don't talk about this game. Nearly every person in the game agrees that arena is easily the worst thing to ever happen to WoW. At least 90%.
    I agree arena is terrible, but you will find its the worst for specs such as ret and enhancement shaman.
    I would say we are fortunate enough to not be fury warriors or boomkins, but arms and resto is OP as fuck!

Battlegrounds dont really matter either, theres to many low geared opponents, its like cutting through butter with a chainsaw, then you get to read their clever posts on such forums as this of how "OP" ret is.

Raiding has gone to shit since classic and even BC, so thats out of the window as well. What else is there?

Nothing.

Paladins are basically pretty damn easy to learn, but truly difficult to master. If you fuck up your rotation, you fuck up your dps. Really, there are high numbers of everything and each guild needs more of something than the other. SO, choosing a designed class really comes down to preference. Paladins however, is not a pure dps class and therefore are expected to pull off slightly less dps than others. Though, they are more flexible as you can heal, or tank as well as dps. Overall, personally fun to play.

Nearly everyone has somewhat of a rotation.

Raiding has gone to shit since classic and even BC, so thats out of the window as well. What else is there?

Nothing.
    I strongly disagree. ICC is, hands down, the best raid they have ever designed. Ulduar is the second best. I enjoy WotLK raiding much more than TBC raiding and Vanilla isn't even in the running, Vanilla raiding was awful.

The easiest, by far, is hunter. Then rogue. Then mage. Then fury warrior tied with ret paladin.
    thats a comon misconception. hunters are extremly easy to level, you dont even need to be at your pc to do it. But if you really wanna play a hunter a 100% you gotta be good. Hunters still suffer from vanilla and bc where all the retards were playing a hunter and not doing more than autoshot and getting outdpsed by their own pet. But with WotLk all those players changed to paladin and/or Deathknight.

Mage is supersimple, rogue depens. If its a static bossfight its really simple.

But mastering a hunter is surely not easy. You are able to master it, as a paladin that doesnt apply. Because the class is so limited its not even funny. You just dont have many optionsand abilities to master it.

Ret- One of the easiest dps (well that doesnt say much as most dps is spam)
    holy- easiest healer- dont need to think which spell at which time, just spam those 3 you got.
    Prot- By far the most easiest tank. Most of the easy stuff and abilites in nowadays tanking comes from paladins. Its also the specc which has the most passive abilites so players, as blizzard said, "dont get too much stress while playing". Guess why prot paladins are so popular, because you cant really make mistakes with them makes them the perfect tank fpr pug raids as you dont need to rely on skill of the player.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by blupp

holy- easiest healer- dont need to think which spell at which time, just spam those 3 you got.
    Prot- By far the most easiest tank. Most of the easy stuff and abilites in nowadays tanking comes from paladins. Its also the specc which has the most passive abilites so players, as blizzard said, "dont get too much stress while playing". Guess why prot paladins are so popular, because you cant really make mistakes with them makes them the perfect tank fpr pug raids as you dont need to rely on skill of the player.
    Ret - A DPS. No more no less. No rotations in this game are hard and I dare anyone who says anything else to stop tunnelvisioning on their feral thinking they're superawesome.

Holy - In theory, no healing classes are hard. In practice, it gets a lot harder.

Prot - Again; no rotations in this game are hard. Also, what in the name of cookies are you talking about not getting stress? Are you saying that because of Ardent Defender, paladins aren't hard to play?

A good ret will be watching out for the raid and using Hands, LoH, FoL instant casts, cleansing and stuff, not just hitting a spell when it is off CD. Paladins are a utility/support class, just half the time no one uses this.

Holy paladin is quite funny to play, you have to manage your mana.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    If you want to DPS as a Paladin, prepare to have everyone call you faceroll and make fun of you because they heard the cool kids on the forum saying it.

They will often be dual-wield unholy Death Knights that use Scourge Strike, then icy touch, then blood strike, then Plague strike. They then use Death Coil on their 100% health ghoul because they made a macro so he doesn't die and they don't feel like changing it.

Any insults/suggestions you make to a different class, no matter how horrible, will be countered by "lol cuming from a retaardadin?"

Not to say they're not fun, but be prepared.
    This. The moment when hate against paladins will stop is the day everyone else is satisfied with their lives. As long as people run around with a sharp pain in their forehead and a voice in the back of the head telling them dps, gearscore and their classes hardness will make them a more valuable person, this wont change. But dont worry, someday someone will love them.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    1. You do realize that you need to buff 10 classes separately + when someone dies. It's actually the greatest challenge when playing a paladin as so many fail at it.

2. They add up. A good paladin knows when to switch to frost resist or fire resist or back to ret aura.

3. Again, they add up, a good paladin may want to switch the seal multiple times in a fight. (for example at Deathwhisper, SoC on the adds and switch back to SoV when dpsing the boss)

4. it most certainly is not, try playing a paladin with 2p t 10 bonus
    As for 1. Use Pally Power.
    2. Commen sense.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    Pally power. It really annoys me when I join pugs and pallies don't have it by now. It makes everything so much easier.
    Yeah that's something I really hate. Just yesterday I did a dungeon run on my level 65 altpala in retspec at the time. So after I see that of 3 Palas I'm the only one whos buffing anything, I ask why the palatank doesn't give himself bos, and if I am the only paladin with pallypower in the group.

After reading pallypower the tankpala goes apeshit, posts damagemeter in the groupchat (literal pally power?) and leaves group. WTF.

BTW all paladins in that group had full heirloom items.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by blupp

Ret actually pushes by far the most buttons out of any dps class I have played. Just because the order isn't as strict means it is easier? I'd say that makes it more complex. To get the most dps out of your toon, ret is infinitely more complex than a rogue, hunter, or mage. Deal with it.

The easiest healer is druid. Let's not troll, mmkay?

The easiest tank is druid. By far. Let's really stop trolling, mmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    A good ret will be watching out for the raid and using Hands, LoH, FoL instant casts, cleansing and stuff, not just hitting a spell when it is off CD. Paladins are a utility/support class, just half the time no one uses this.
    Incorrect. A good ret will maximize his dps and nothing else. If you need to heal or cleanse, get new healers. Seriously. Your healers are awful.

Again, Warriors and rogues are A LOT better off then paladins in arena.

They have MS.

MMMMMMMMM.

SSSSSSSSSSS.

defensive utilities are useful as a ret paladin and their partner, but it can only take you so far, and slightly delayed movments will cost you.

You can get a higher rating alot easier as an arms warrior or mut rogue, Which is my point.

Offensive Utility > Defensive Utility.

What do you value more? Killing your foe? Or living?

Make that decision, do arena, and then come back to me.
    Obviously you need one to do the other, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Holy paladin is quite funny to play, you have to manage your mana.
    I lol'd.

The easiest tank is druid. By far. Let's really stop trolling, mmkay?
    Seriously hope your not inclining that Paladin tanking is any harder?