Thread: Resto Trinkets

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Trinkets

Hi,

As resto I've been using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50259, but I recently won http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50260 and I'm trying to decide what to use. I have 4 set tier 9 which makes the ice crystal plus rejuv spam very useful.

Snowflake pros:
    • clear cast and life bloom restore 502 mana in total with this
    • the cooldown can actually make healing touch slightly useful and helps me regrowth blanket for fights like anub third phase
    • glyph of rapid rejuv benefits from this
    cons:
    • I heard there's an internal cooldown so it's not as unbelievably good as it seems
    • the haste only effects 2 spells
    • I might only get a good amount of mana from tank healing because of the internal cooldown

Ice Crystal pros:
    • thanks to tier 9 4 set it can increase the healing of 20 rejuvs by about 12-13%
    • some very nice spell power at all times
    • can be nice if you need an emergency instant healing touch crit
    cons:
    • long cooldown for how short it lasts (plus it can get reduced by crits)
    • the crit modifier on rejuv is only 50% increase
    • I don't believe glyph of rejuv benefits from tier 9 4 set so it also doesn't benefit from this

Talisman pros:
    • the int can obviously be useful
    • the spellpower is much more reliable than the Ice Crystal
    • the spellpower helps every spell we have
    cons:
    • the int only increases our max mana so it becomes less useful for long fights
    • the spellpower doesn't make a huge difference in the long run or even for emergencies
    • for raid healing the spellpower isn't reliable to get them up much farther or faster

Here's my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aris&cn=Leaves
    Tell me what you think ;D

Re: Resto Trinkets

Snowflake and Crystal will give you the best results IMO. Snowflake ICD is only .4 seconds, it's negligible.

snowflake and ice crystal

Reason:
    SP is our best stat...

Snowflake has a second internal CD but before it was insane WG = mana gain Nice mana gain over all good druid regen trinket however tbh get a SP one if you can...

Int...i am not a fan of int in anyway i see it as a pointless stat much like crit, i cry when i see druids with int gems.

I would stay away with on proc SP because damage is often constant and you want a high level at all times.

However you have almost answered your whole question yourself

depends what you need in the fight...

For me i run with
    totc 25 solace
    IDS

about max SP i can get and only hard mana fights will i swap anything else in and in that case spark from ulduar 10 or snowflake are my best options

looking at your armoury stack more haste.

Hope any of that stuffs i just posted might be of use, kinda sleepy to please ignore my brain thinking one word and my hands typing another.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Get rid of Talisman. It isn't wort keeping over the snowflake. Your mana regen will be high enough without needing any more mana.

There is rarely a set of "Best" trinket combination for all situations. It is important to realize the strengths of each trinket and in which fights it is most appropriate. The first thing to consider is usually whether you need a mana regen trinket or a SP/haste trinket. In your case, I doubt you find yourself in many situations where you are going oom, so you should not need 2 mana trinkets. Thus, you should typically have the ice crystals equiped since the +SP will always benefit you. Next, if you are in a group that has replenishment, the Talisman will benefit you more (on top of benefiting more from mana tide totem and innervate). If you have no replenishment, you will probably get more mana back from the snowflake. If you find you are going oom before the fight is over, then evaluate how you are healing, and consider both man trinkets.

Adding to that ...our greatest regen is the naxx idol that removes 100+ mana from rej ( swapping in combat = godlike )
    Looks like a duck

think the name is
    idol of flourishing life ???
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

agree with the rest , snowflake and crystal if thast your options at this time.

Intellect is waste stat that we don't really need after enough spirit , you will _never_ run out of mana after a while.

A few tips for your overall gemming and enchants.

Meta: change it to the one with 21 int and chance on cast to get mana back.
    verdict ring: get the one for healing not the one for dps ( hitrating?).
    Cloak: 23 haste enchant.
    Chest: +10 stats.
    legs: the real enchant ain't _that_ expensive.
    Belt: get the belt buckle and shove in another 23 spellpower.

Get your mp5 to around 400+ selfbuffed that will help you to never go oom in raids, your glyph choice of rapid rejuv , not good for the sole purpose of manging to hot 15 people with rejuv + wg rotation or doing the same on 10-12 ( depending on haste ) is not good enough for 2 resto druids focusing on raidhealing.

400+ mp5 and after that just go for spellpower al the way.

Atm i have the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50359 aswell but still using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45703 for some fights where there is heavy raidhealing such as bq and sindragosa.

Basicly this isn't a rant of how good i am vs you , this is just some small tips on finding how you like to heal , and this is what my mentor in my guild told me when i rerolled from hunter to druid. "wanna try that specc and that glyph? ye sure try it and then try my way , decide what you like best." , i choose he's way on most things, but i found my priorities aswell and how my playstyle is.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...er&cn=Pelister

good luck , and enjoy never running out of mana and making fun of your other healers when they spam whisper you for innervates you never use.

No Talisman. Go Icecrystal and Snowflake. That +128 Intelligence is a waste of item points. The Talisman is mainly a holy paladin trinket.
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

Thanks all, helped a lot.

Also I'm boomkin main spec that's why the ring, and I just donated a HUGE amount to my friend so I won't be changing enchants and gems for a week or so. I thought the belt buckle was smiths only so thanks for informing me.

To those who say gemming int is pointless, you are wrong. Once you reach the haste cap, which is 735 iirc, Spellpower/Haste gems aren't as needed seeing as you shouldn't be spamming nourish THAT often. Yes the haste is useful if you are using the rapid rejuv glyph, but the haste isn't that important. I gemmed three sp/int gems simply because I am over the haste cap and never have mana issues, so I might as well have a bigger pool and more crit. There was actually a discussion posted on TreeCalcs or EJ where it is possible to get rejuv to be able to be spammable and never lose mana. It requires the spark of hope and the snowflake, along with the idol. It's interesting to try, but off topic. Back to the OP, drop the int trinket and pick up Soul Preserver from Normal CoS until you get a higher SP trinket such as the one from frost badges or ICC10. There is no CD on the proc, when I used it I would get back to back procs fairly often, worked wonders on Vezax.

(I didn't put links because I'm lazy)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...bashi&cn=Kagah

Quote Originally Posted by Kagarth
    To those who say gemming int is pointless, you are wrong. Once you reach the haste cap, which is 735 iirc, Spellpower/Haste gems aren't as needed seeing as you shouldn't be spamming nourish THAT often. Yes the haste is useful if you are using the rapid rejuv glyph, but the haste isn't that important. I gemmed three sp/int gems simply because I am over the haste cap and never have mana issues, so I might as well have a bigger pool and more crit. There was actually a discussion posted on TreeCalcs or EJ where it is possible to get rejuv to be able to be spammable and never lose mana. It requires the spark of hope and the snowflake, along with the idol. It's interesting to try, but off topic. Back to the OP, drop the int trinket and pick up Soul Preserver from Normal CoS until you get a higher SP trinket such as the one from frost badges or ICC10. There is no CD on the proc, when I used it I would get back to back procs fairly often, worked wonders on Vezax.

(I didn't put links because I'm lazy)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...bashi&cn=Kagah
    As soon as your over the haste cap , raw spellpower is the only way to go , that + enough mp5 you won't run out of mana ever.

manatide + replenish (+pot?) , int is worthless, if you gem sp + int for the meta bonus , you could just go with a +10 all stats instead in the helmet for the socket bonus and you have also covered the meta bonus with a prismatic ( since it counts as one of each colour ).

+10 stast = 10 stam / 10 int / 10 spir so much more worth then going just 12 sp and 10 int.

Quote Originally Posted by StrykerMikado
    Get rid of Talisman. It isn't wort keeping over the snowflake. Your mana regen will be high enough without needing any more mana.
    I don't understand this (and it's not just you suggesting it in this thread). If the mana regen is high enough, then why recommend a pure mana regen trinket (snowflake - the haste on-use is basically useless) over one that at least provides some throughput with an on-use effect (talisman).

I should clarify that I haven't looked in detail at the OP's gear nor do I know what his mana usage is like, but generally resto druids don't need more mana regen and hence I'd think talisman more useful over snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelister
    As soon as your over the haste cap , raw spellpower is the only way to go , that + enough mp5 you won't run out of mana ever.

manatide + replenish (+pot?) , int is worthless, if you gem sp + int for the meta bonus , you could just go with a +10 all stats instead in the helmet for the socket bonus and you have also covered the meta bonus with a prismatic ( since it counts as one of each colour ).

+10 stast = 10 stam / 10 int / 10 spir so much more worth then going just 12 sp and 10 int.
    12sp/10 int > 10 int/spi/stam any day of the week. period. no matter what the socket bonus is. Don't ever use a nightmare tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    12sp/10 int > 10 int/spi/stam any day of the week. period. no matter what the socket bonus is. Don't ever use a nightmare tear.
    Agreed.

In summary: 12SP > 10spr/stam.

I can't remember the last time I felt I needed more stam as a healer, and there's no way I'd take spirit over SP.

Incidentally though, there's no way I'd be gemming 12SP/10int anyway. IMO the 18/0/53 spec shouldn't be used as the resto talents are more important, and given that you can't hit the haste cap with 4T10 and trauma unless you've got heroic level gear (which personally I'm a long way off getting), so a yellow socket will always be getting 12SP/10haste from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Until I start collecting more t10, I'll stick with 18/0/53. I've been using the badges to get my warrior Saronite for a Shadow's Edge, so t10 has been put on hold. But I do agree with you.

Deleted

Using nightmare tear to activate meta is nice ^^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pelister
    agree with the rest , snowflake and crystal if thast your options at this time.
    your glyph choice of rapid rejuv , not good for the sole purpose of manging to hot 15 people with rejuv + wg rotation or doing the same on 10-12 ( depending on haste ) is not good enough for 2 resto druids focusing on raidhealing.
    What a load of nonsense. The Rapid Rejuvenation glyph is fantastic, especially for the interplay it offers with ICC gear (4T10, Trauma) and allowing Rejuvenation to scale with haste, something very useful when you lose the crit scaling upon moving out of 4T9. I would recommend that you try this glyph out over Rebirth especially as you are running a CF spec currently.

Quicker Rejuvenation ticks means far more throughput which is never a bad thing.

Edit: In regards to the meta gem advice, given that we have established he should not be having mana problems at all, why advise a regen meta? The +spell power and % intellect one will be of far more use here.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela
    What a load of nonsense. The Rapid Rejuvenation glyph is fantastic, especially for the interplay it offers with ICC gear (4T10, Trauma) and allowing Rejuvenation to scale with haste, something very useful when you lose the crit scaling upon moving out of 4T9. I would recommend that you try this glyph out over Rebirth especially as you are running a CF spec currently.

Quicker Rejuvenation ticks means far more throughput which is never a bad thing.

Edit: In regards to the meta gem advice, given that we have established he should not be having mana problems at all, why advise a regen meta? The +spell power and % intellect one will be of far more use here.
    totally agree rapid rej is great

However i disagree with that meta... the meta provides a huge amount of regen it is probably greater that using all spirit gems, so at the cost of 20-30 Sp you can gain a huge amount of regen for a very little cost which can almost counter having a regen trinket which is a loss of around 200 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela

Well at the time when i tried it i was pretty much still in t9 , might have something to do with it , and i actually thought it sucked in comparison to anything else at the time, but ye i'll give it a go tonights raid, and get back here.

The meta , provides that needed mp5 regen for not going oom tbh , it's just a to good meta to get rid off , untill more heroic gear get's available with greater stats on spirit atleast.

The rebirth i'm using atm is just for fun testing, have you any idea how many times per raid or pugs people cry out , HOW THE HELL DID YOU HEAL UP THAT FAST FROM A RESS? .... xD