Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: The ability to choose sides in the Argent Crusade, Scarlet Crusade battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    We don't know what happened with Scarlet Commander Marjhan (the chick in Light's Hope). It's possible the Crusade (or Onslaught) still does exist, but it's no real threat anymore in any case.
    Knowing Marjhan, any Scarlets under her command will probably sign up with the Argents since they're the next best thing and she's shown herself willing to work with any race even if she doesn't necessarily like them.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

If i joined, i wouldnt be so comfortable coming with herod's shoulder and helm and ravager, and the rest of the scarlet set flooded with blood and a achievement saying i have killed some of their highest ranks and destroyed their armory, cathedral, graveyard and librarry

Deleted

Why not just join the Legion instead? The Scarlet Crusade was founded by Balnazzar, after he manipulated Renault to kill his own father.

Yes, the Scarlet Crusade is an evil entity since its genesis.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Knowing Marjhan, any Scarlets under her command will probably sign up with the Argents since they're the next best thing and she's shown herself willing to work with any race even if she doesn't necessarily like them.
    I was actually hoping to see a cameo of her at the Argent Tournament Grounds.

Now I'm hoping she gets some screen-time in Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    The Scarlet Crusade was founded by Balnazzar,

No.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    No.
    Yes.

The Ashbringer comics (which are now canon as they are the most recent and unretconned source) state he was the one who created the Crusade after the death of Alexandros Mograine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Yes.

The Ashbringer comics (which are now canon as they are the most recent and unretconned source) state he was the one who created the Crusade after the death of Alexandros Mograine.
    In WoWWiki's Opinion
    "Some whisper it was the wounds both men received in battle, or perhaps just the shock of seeing their whole purpose destroyed, but since that day both Isillien and Abbendis had become quite insane. Isillien and Abbendis wandered the area as the Scourge defiled the land, destroying what undead they could, gathering what warriors would join them. They had but one concern: eradication of all that had destroyed Lordaeron."
    Isilien and Abbendis created it.

Deleted

No.
    Ashbringer comics. Saidan Dathrohan, already possessed by Balnazzar, founds the Scarlet Crusade.

Deleted

In WoWWiki's Opinion
    "Some whisper it was the wounds both men received in battle, or perhaps just the shock of seeing their whole purpose destroyed, but since that day both Isillien and Abbendis had become quite insane. Isillien and Abbendis wandered the area as the Scourge defiled the land, destroying what undead they could, gathering what warriors would join them. They had but one concern: eradication of all that had destroyed Lordaeron."
    Isilien and Abbendis created it.
    I have stated time and time again, WoWWiki doesn't differentiate between old and new lore, nor does it filter out outdated RP sourcebook quotes. If you want to know how it actually happened, read the Ashbringer comics.

interesting idea! and the tabards kind of work like a pvp flagging system (so in the area after you take of the tabard you would have a 5 minute debuff before becoming your previous faction)? would be neat if you weren't affiliated to horde or the alliance when you had the tabard on in the area (as in you could work with alliance, obviously not be able to communicate with them).

Only problem I see is that the sides are the AD and SC, why not go Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Ebonblade? say there is something that AD wants because it would be able wipe a large amount of the scourge from the face of azeroth and the Ebonblade don't know if they would be affected by this so they don't want to risk it. That may be a bit to big scale wise, but just an idea

Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.

My main is with frenzyheart, since I'm a furry. The farmer toon hasn't done either so I can walk amongst them as a Titan.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moopuff
    interesting idea! and the tabards kind of work like a pvp flagging system (so in the area after you take of the tabard you would have a 5 minute debuff before becoming your previous faction)? would be neat if you weren't affiliated to horde or the alliance when you had the tabard on in the area (as in you could work with alliance, obviously not be able to communicate with them).

Only problem I see is that the sides are the AD and SC, why not go Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Ebonblade? say there is something that AD wants because it would be able wipe a large amount of the scourge from the face of azeroth and the Ebonblade don't know if they would be affected by this so they don't want to risk it. That may be a bit to big scale wise, but just an idea
    Hmmm, the idea that you can change your faction depending of the tabard you wear sounds interesting ... although it only should works with minority factions...

I like that idea, expecially since AD and KoEB always have their tension between them, would be really cool to see that.

A lot of people are getting hung up on the whole Scarlet Crusade / Onslaught because they are exceptionally racist and would automatically be opposed to anything but humans (and even those need to be the utmost devout). Looking at the situation from a more abstracted stance, the proposed concept is really cool, and Blizzard has only begun to scratch the surface.

Everything so far has been just flavorful:
    Bloodsail vs Goblin Cartel
    Aldor vs Scryer
    Oracles vs Frenzyheart

The game so far has still been based around two factions of Horde and Alliance going at it. None of the other factions really CHANGE the gameplay. They offer items, pets, mounts, enchants, etc. but nothing truly DIFFERENT or uniquely accessible. One of the biggest challenges would be maintaining game balance (think about vanilla WoW and the shaman / paladin issue -- two identical options that are totally different).

why not go Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Ebonblade?
    This provides for an interesting context because instead of two opposing factions that are going head to head, they are in fact semi-allies, but it is their method that sets them apart. Two different means to the same end, and thus the ethical / moral distinctions. This could start similar (reward wise) like Aldor vs Scryer, expand along the lines of Oracles vs Frenzyheart where you have unique quests available, but what if that direction was extrapolated further and you then have access to faction specific zones or dungeons even (with an undead priest healing a night elf warrior or something). Then at the end of it all there is another choice to make, like mercy vs retribution, but in the context of each faction you chose from the beginning (resulting in four potential outcomes).

I'm not certain what factions would lend themselves to something like this in Cataclysm, but there could be really interesting things happen with factions. For example, due to Hellscream alienation of the tauren, that the cenarion bond between the tauren and night elves becomes a stronger alliance. Something like this could happen in the future:
    1. tauren, night elf, worgen (druid thing)
    2. orc, troll
    3. forsaken, blood elf (Sylvanas)
    4. human, dwarf, gnome
    ... blueberries are kind of a wildcard

To be honest though, three or four factions instead of just two might have to wait for a WoW2 as things get more complicated like the regular Warcraft series. But it would be interesting to have multiple ties to factions later on, like being assigned a primary faction and then choosing alliances from there, so that PvE raid progression is still with your primary, (common enemy thing) but everything else in the world is more up for grabs and volatile.

Cataclysm concepts for your enjoyment:
    T11 shoulders || Shadow Hunter Hero Class

About the people saying that the SC are elitists and think everyone else is unclean - recognize the fact that during the quests in Dragonblight we learn that the Scarlet Crusade was purists, but the now reforged Scarlet Onslaught are much more lenient hence the presence of death knights and shadow priests in their ranks. After the dk starting line we know that the SC has suffered critical losses and won't be able to continue on as they have been. Moreover, the original purists were killed in Strat and the quests in Tyr's hand leaving a new generation to lead them, which we later learn is much more yielding to change.

Lore wise, getting around the elitist aspect of the Scarlet is relatively easy. I like this idea.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Totle
    About the people saying that the SC are elitists and think everyone else is unclean - recognize the fact that during the quests in Dragonblight we learn that the Scarlet Crusade was purists, but the now reforged Scarlet Onslaught are much more lenient hence the presence of death knights and shadow priests in their ranks. After the dk starting line we know that the SC has suffered critical losses and won't be able to continue on as they have been. Moreover, the original purists were killed in Strat and the quests in Tyr's hand leaving a new generation to lead them, which we later learn is much more yielding to change.

Lore wise, getting around the elitist aspect of the Scarlet is relatively easy. I like this idea.
    They're still only comprised of Humans however. Don't forget that their supreme leader in Dragonblight is Brigitte Abbendis. She hates all other races with a passion.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Totle

They are still human supremacists. The Raven Priests teachings are even worst, since the Archbishop is the only one that really knows who the Admiral is.

I would join the scarlet crusade, Tirion is not the real Ashbringer . Though if Alexandros came back and joined one side i would follow him !
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda
    I would join the scarlet crusade, Tirion is not the real Ashbringer . Though if Alexandros came back and joined one side i would follow him !
    Ashbringer comics again. Alexandros was never part of the Scarlet Crusade.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda
    Your point being...?

By the new lore, Alexandros never was a member of the Crusade. In fact, his actions and behavior had far more in common with the Argent Dawn's path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Ashbringer comics again. Alexandros was never part of the Scarlet Crusade.
    For once you were faster than me. :P