4pc T10, glyphs, and Your burst dps.

What are your thoughts on subbing out glyph of vengeance/expertise for SoR +10% damage, for fights where you have adds that need to be burned quickly (hence the seal switch to SoR), as well as long boss fights(switching back to SoV).

-- using 4pc t10, glyph Of consecration and judgement glyph

I am under the expertise cap, ~17 rating. My argument here is that on top Of the +seal dmg tier bonus, this glyph exchange will be an overall improvement to dps, especially holding value in fights where there is a lot of movement and/or adds that need to be burned quickly. Heck, it would even help on heroics wheee bosses don't last long enough to use SoV. Any input is appreciated.

-skel

Re: 4pc T10, glyphs, and Your burst dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletron
    What are your thoughts on subbing out glyph of vengeance/expertise for SoR +10% damage, for fights where you have adds that need to be burned quickly (hence the seal switch to SoR), as well as long boss fights(switching back to SoV).

-- using 4pc t10, glyph Of consecration and judgement glyph

I am under the expertise cap, ~17 rating. My argument here is that on top Of the +seal dmg tier bonus, this glyph exchange will be an overall improvement to dps, especially holding value in fights where there is a lot of movement and/or adds that need to be burned quickly. Heck, it would even help on heroics wheee bosses don't last long enough to use SoV. Any input is appreciated.

-skel

Given current gear level, even specced and glyphed, command will do more damage than righteousness.

not to be rude, but is this your opinion... or fact?
    If anyone has tested this, please feel free post. It's a difficult thing to measure (without a lot of repetition), but I'd love to hear your results.

skel

is is just me or are we always discussing the same topics because of newbs that cant browse to the second page?
    Feels kinda boring right now.

Although I did see another post by kairu stating the same thing, no data was given. I am bored of opinions as well.

Although I did see another post by kairu stating the same thing, no data was given. I am bored of opinions as well.
    EJ did the maths. No I cba to link it, you're the one wanting to know, YOU go find it.

15+ Year Old Account

righteous might hit harder with the judgement (slightly), but the seal damage cant crit
    command can crit all the way to hell and take about 3 sec to outdamage your poor SoR

We did all the math before toc was released and found that in245 gear socleave>sor. If you want to find it here it is probably way back in pages. Or go to ej. Or, spitballing here belive us because we've all tried it anyway and found it a loss in dps to use sor. Sor is for pvp only and then only on non cleaveteams.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Seal of Command has high on attack damage and low judgment damage.

Seal of Righteousness has low on attack damage and high judgment damage.

If you are switching off a boss to fight...

Multiple monsters: Use Seal of Command

One monster with low health: Use Seal of Righteousness

One monster with high health: Keep up Seal of Vengeance

Another thing in SoR's favour, is the fact that JoR also proc's seals doesn't hurt either.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Another thing in SoR's favour, is the fact that JoR also proc's seals doesn't hurt either.
    The Judgement procs a Seal of Righteousness hit that is both weaker than a Seal of Command hit and unable to crit. That's not another thing in its favour, it's the only thing. It's also still not enough to make Seal of Righteousness worth using.

15+ Year Old Account

oh yes that thing that hit the target before the judgement..
    its more of a nuisance then anything because JoW dont proc if the target die with it ><
    (wich happen 75% of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    EJ did the maths. No I cba to link it, you're the one wanting to know, YOU go find it.
    You havn't been keeping up to date with EJ. Single target SoR>SoC, and here is the link.

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t68951-r...2/#post1554210

Quote Originally Posted by Szubie
    You havn't been keeping up to date with EJ. Single target SoR>SoC, and here is the link.

in a 20 second fight. so, when we are soloing sor is superior. congrats, that is all you linked.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    in a 20 second fight. so, when we are soloing sor is superior. congrats, that is all you linked.
    Yes. If the fight lasts longer than 20 seconds, SoV is superior. For single targets that die quickly, however, SoV is not the best seal. SoR is superior to SoC in this situation is what is proved.

There may not be a large number of instances but it's worth keeping in mind. For example, for the oozes on Putricide, some players may find it benefits their guild to use SoR.

They just need to take the seals off of the global cool down and give them their own inner cool down. Then seal swapping to adds would be SO much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Szubie

Aren't we talking about AoE not single target in this thread?

I've always been under the impression that if you can get a 5 stack of vengeance on single-target use that, otherwise SoR, and if there are adds, command!

Quote Originally Posted by Karnadas
    Aren't we talking about AoE not single target in this thread?

I've always been under the impression that if you can get a 5 stack of vengeance on single-target use that, otherwise SoR, and if there are adds, command!
    Well OP asked about using SoR to quickly burn down adds, so I wouldn't say it restricts it to only AoE.

And yeah, what you wrote is essentially correct. In multiple add scenarios command beats out SoR. Still, there are niches for SoR: it was the seal of choice for Yogg Saron phase 1 when Seal of Blood was removed. In 10 man Lich King it is also superior to use SoR to burn the (single) Valkyr down quickly if that's the problem your guild is having.

A good ret will use all three of his seals where appropriate, to maximize his contribution.