Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Holy Paladin] advice

@Luchiano

Assuming you are not a grade school child I am going to take a stab and assume you bombed the SAT or ACT in highschool and have a shitty job pumping gas of busing tables.

Reading comprehension will take you far in the world.

And since it seems you like to read one thing once, I shall retype that.

You might want to stop partying and read something and maybe do your homework.

Oh and guess what this game also requires math skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchiano
    Well ur comparing 2 difrent ilvl's so 1st is better from most if not all points of view , and second im avoiding haste as much as i can on my holy pala , since ur main tool is flash of light u shouldnt be having trouble get it close to 1.2 even if ignoring haste.

PS: Maybe have a look at t9 set , im using 4/5 and crafted chest stacked int , and doin great.
    So all the morons that talks shit about my statement STACK haste , do u gem for it? i dint said its BAD , i said u SHOULDNT AIM for it , and just CUZ ur all pro and shit means you are using HOLY LIGHT on every bit of damage taken?

I do USE holy lights on tanks when needed , but that doesent mean i should stack haste for it , stop beign retard and reply with something usefull , even some exemples and show me im wrong , forum nerds that talks crap and when ur inspecting em theyr using low gems and no chants.
    If u take the time to look arround , u will notice that none or majority of holy paladins doesent GEM haste , aka an OK stat but not something ppl aim for , have u ever said i need X item , for the HASTE it has?

Yes im bit more straight forward that i actually wanna AVOID haste , still i got 407 cuz thats the gear i could get so far , so everyone says im a bad player but they actually does same shit by stacking intell , and takes whatever upgrade comes even if it has or dont have some haste.

Drop the "your argument is bad in so many ways" thing will ya?
    Epic troll?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    @Luchiano

Assuming you are not a grade school child I am going to take a stab and assume you bombed the SAT or ACT in highschool and have a shitty job pumping gas of busing tables.

And since it seems you like to read one thing once, I shall retype that.

You might want to stop partying and read something and maybe do your homework.

Oh and guess what this game also requires math skills.
    I heard IRL has to do alot with playn wow , and yes math is requiered @ this game , yet again ur the noob comparing 2 items with difrent ilvls.

Ps : I saw ToC10 is a bit dificult for you and you are stuck @ twins , PM me and i can give ya some of my nub tips maybe u'll get it done.

I heard IRL has to do alot with playn wow , and yes math is requiered @ this game , yet again ur the noob comparing 2 items with difrent ilvls.

Ps : I saw ToC10 is a bit dificult for you and you are stuck @ twins , PM me and i can give ya some of my nub tips maybe u'll get it done.
    The OP's low level of experience raiding doesn't make your oddly ignorant assertions any more correct.

You're casting a FoL every 1.2 seconds, while I'm casting a HL every 1.4 seconds. No matter what you've deceived your self into thinking, your raid is carrying you.

Any holy pally trying to be good can hit 700+ haste while only gemming int, it's not hard.

If you want to argue that being a FoL pally is a viable spec, at least get enough haste to reach the soft cap of 1.0 second cast time when raid buffed.

And once again you failed at reading comprehension.
    I bet you are one of those guys always asking where to go for your quests and have quest helper addons installed.

Holy is my offspec.
    I am 11 hours of sync with my realm.
    My realm is like 2nd from the bottom in terms of progression.
    The pugs that form are usually incapable of getting past beasts let alone twins.

And I wouldn't ask someone who thinks that because the advice of a well geared progression tank healer is to stack haste/mp5 on gear and gem for int that he is saying gem for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa
    The OP's low level of experience raiding doesn't make your oddly ignorant assertions any more correct.

You're casting a FoL every 1.2 seconds, while I'm casting a HL every 1.4 seconds. No matter what you've deceived your self into thinking, your raid is carrying you.

Any holy pally trying to be good can hit 700+ haste while only gemming int, it's not hard.

If you want to argue that being a FoL pally is a viable spec, at least get enough haste to reach the soft cap of 1.0 second cast time when raid buffed.
    Attempting to actually contribute rather than just quote someone and say the obligatory "^this/agree" response, the bolded section is just inescapably true.

@Luchiano - My apologies that this has sorta turned into a flamefest against you, it's kinda not cool with the big moderator post that just went up not that long ago >.> That said, saying "no one gems haste" is wholly generalistic, and plain incorrect.

daphoosa mentions "Any holy pally trying to be good can hit 700+ haste while only gemming int, it's not hard". I only make it into 10-mans thus far, and am supplementing my non T9 stuff with crafted gear, I'll admit. I'd like to be higher, but I pull off what I can with my schedule and playtime. That said, when I'm raid buffed, and especially when the guild shammy pops BL, I just stop using FoL altogether, if I'd been using it at all. When even *I* can cast HL on about the same CD as daphoosa, and I *am* supplementing my haste with gems.

I spend a fair amount of boss fights with a 50/50 mix of FoL and HL, throwing in HS when I need the instant. But when the schtuff hits the fan and the tank (or even the raid) needs it, I start spamming HL. With enough mana regen tools to make it something even I can pull off with my mana pool, why not?

Overhealing is something on a meter, the general concept of overhealing that people worry about doesn't matter. It *is* a determination of how mana efficient you are, and that's important, but mana efficiency is only as import as how not-dead your tank (or other healing target) got. Don't worry about over healing. If you use beacon like you should, you'll be loaded with it. Worry instead about mana pool--and break away from the view that your mana pool must always be 95% or higher. spend it, that's what it's there for.

What really clinches daphoosa's bolded statement above is when my guild tries an ICC run, and our only healers that sign up are pallies. Doing Festergut with three holy pallies (we're running with three healers for now as we learn the fights) means you have no room for FoL carrying you through--same for healing Saurfang if you're the raid healer. When you think about all the ways you can reduce your mana cost for HL, and how it's basically twice as powerful a heal for the mana expended, FoL just doesn't give you enough output.

I learned that lesson the very first night our guild did Marrowgar after release, I hope you have the chance and the wisdom to tweak your spec as well. Trust me, you'll really see a difference in your performance.

EDIT: @ OP, comparing the two, others have said what I would say; take the 245. If you are concerned about the 18 haste, get a Quick King's Amber to give you 20 haste. It may even be worth crunching the numbers to see if gemming that will kick your cast times down another tenth of a second.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromWolf
    Attempting to actually contribute rather than just quote someone and say the obligatory "^this/agree" response, the bolded section is just inescapably true.

@Luchiano - My apologies that this has sorta turned into a flamefest against you, it's kinda not cool with the big moderator post that just went up not that long ago >.> That said, saying "no one gems haste" is wholly generalistic, and plain incorrect.

daphoosa mentions "Any holy pally trying to be good can hit 700+ haste while only gemming int, it's not hard". I only make it into 10-mans thus far, and am supplementing my non T9 stuff with crafted gear, I'll admit. I'd like to be higher, but I pull off what I can with my schedule and playtime. That said, when I'm raid buffed, and especially when the guild shammy pops BL, I just stop using FoL altogether, if I'd been using it at all. When even *I* can cast HL on about the same CD as daphoosa, and I *am* supplementing my haste with gems.

I spend a fair amount of boss fights with a 50/50 mix of FoL and HL, throwing in HS when I need the instant. But when the schtuff hits the fan and the tank (or even the raid) needs it, I start spamming HL. With enough mana regen tools to make it something even I can pull off with my mana pool, why not?

Overhealing is something on a meter, the general concept of overhealing that people worry about doesn't matter. It *is* a determination of how mana efficient you are, and that's important, but mana efficiency is only as import as how not-dead your tank (or other healing target) got. Don't worry about over healing. If you use beacon like you should, you'll be loaded with it. Worry instead about mana pool--and break away from the view that your mana pool must always be 95% or higher. spend it, that's what it's there for.

What really clinches daphoosa's bolded statement above is when my guild tries an ICC run, and our only healers that sign up are pallies. Doing Festergut with three holy pallies (we're running with three healers for now as we learn the fights) means you have no room for FoL carrying you through--same for healing Saurfang if you're the raid healer. When you think about all the ways you can reduce your mana cost for HL, and how it's basically twice as powerful a heal for the mana expended, FoL just doesn't give you enough output.

I learned that lesson the very first night our guild did Marrowgar after release, I hope you have the chance and the wisdom to tweak your spec as well. Trust me, you'll really see a difference in your performance.

EDIT: @ OP, comparing the two, others have said what I would say; take the 245. If you are concerned about the 18 haste, get a Quick King's Amber to give you 20 haste. It may even be worth crunching the numbers to see if gemming that will kick your cast times down another tenth of a second.
    was that wall of immaculate text really needed? you could have jsut said , FoL is effectively useless in high end raids due to lack of output. If you want to try a FoL aimed gear set and spec then dont gem int. you rolled a tank healer , live with it.
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

Quote Originally Posted by smoomin
    was that wall of immaculate text really needed? you could have jsut said , FoL is effectively useless in high end raids due to lack of output. If you want to try a FoL aimed gear set and spec then dont gem int. you rolled a tank healer , live with it.
    Probably it was.

1st helm. 18 haste is not worth the other stats you gain. It can be well made up for in other areas. If they were the same ilvl budget...thatll be more interesting.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...ders&name=aedh

So this is where my holy gear currently stands. Make sure to click the HOLY spec.

So I have these 4 rings.

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47733;47732;37694;37192

I am currently running with the 2 emblem rings, even though 1 lacks haste and the other has spirit. I figure the gains in mana and over all greater stats out weigh the haste on the lower Ilvl rings.