Poll: When will heroic 25 lich king die?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: How long till heroic lich king dies?

at least earlier than 3 weeks I guess
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Must be 3 weeks + as Blizzard buffed his HP in fear of LK dead on week one.

on that matter theyll bring up "one hard boss does not make the game hard" and then they bring up a story about how hard vanilla or tbc used to be
    So true, was really surprised 11 hardmode bosses dead in 2 days... well... sort of sums it up. Ah, yes, didnt mention limited attempts on 3 of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Laws

I don't play this game anymore, so I'm just looking at numbers, don't really know anything about the fight.
    He doesn't really know anything about the fight so these numbers are just based off what people have posted here and what he watched on youtube...

Less than 3 weeks as well, looks hard but Paragon will most likely get it soon.

If not this reset then early into the next. Figure two more rounds of loot should do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

well it looks like it isnt going to be downed today
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

6 weeks, on a thursday.

well 10 man heroic is downed now. now the 25 man is left

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    well 10 man heroic is downed now. now the 25 man is left
    The 10m meta achievement to get the frostwyrm does not, as the 25m version, require you to kill LK heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathadir
    The 10m meta achievement to get the frostwyrm does not, as the 25m version, require you to kill LK heroic.
    yeah nevermind i read it wrong. my fault lol. the race is still on even on 10 man

It will probably go down next reset or one after that when Paragon have gotten some more 277 gear on them.
    On a side note, I was really suprised it took almost a week for FTH to kill HM Putri after Paragon and no other guild have done that yet.
    So its safely to think Paragon is strongest guild in game atm. Would be great if I would know what % Paragon have got HM LK. Just to see if it would
    be down without blizz's hp buff or not.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Interesting to note that top guilds havnt even killed the 10 man version yet.
    and the thing is that these top guilds have the gear that is required for that (since hard mode t10 is the equivalent to 25 man reg) so it cant just be a gear check. im assuming the encounter on hard mode is........well you know, its hard.

im just really excited for them to down it so then they can post a video, im dying to see what the fight is like.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

yeah. my realm (dragonmaw US) is still working on 25 man normal and only one guild has downed 10 man normal lich king

next week? people who are voting that are on crack, yogg +0 took over 2 months, i don't think they want the lich king to be an easier cake compared to yogg +0.

it's that Berserk timer people is having trouble with,
    100m hp in 15 min? Pretty damn hard

on that matter theyll bring up "one hard boss does not make the game hard" and then they bring up a story about how hard vanilla or tbc used to be
    Even though everything in Vanilla and TBC fell over quickly for the top 0.1% of guilds except for the final boss which in general tended to be bugged or overtuned.

Classic:

Ragnaros - Fire Resist cockblock sure, but he also had to go through several nerfs.

BWL in general - Bugged Vael casting Burning Adrenaline on incorrect targets or spawning 2 of himself, Broodlord's gate wouldn't open, untauntable Firemaw bug, etc.

Nefarian - Phase 1 adds health were too high. Wiping locked you out for a while. Once they were nerfed, he fell over a few days later.

C'Thun - I don't think I even need to go into what was wrong with C'Thun 1.0. Everything up to Huhuran died extremely easily as it were.

Naxxramas - Ditto for the most part. The only real bosses that took anyone an exceptionally long time were Gothik and 4HM. Gothik was well designed, admittedly, but 4HM relied on 8 warriors with 4/9 Tier 3. Bad design.

TBC:

Kara - Full cleared in beta, minus Nightbane. Nightbane would've gone down faster if not for reputation cockblocking for his quest.

Gruul - Killed in beta in its final days, then overtuned on live to compensate. Overtuned so much that only Classic KT guilds were able to kill him until they nerfed him, at which point he fell over easily for everyone.

Magtheridon - Absurd for a very long time, overtuned for a first tier progression boss by anyone's standards. Even top guilds like Ensidia (Nihilum and SK Gaming separately) or D&T were complaining.

SSC/TK - 30 minute trash respawns, bosses that ranged from overtuned to undertuned, and overall a buggy mess. Kael and Vashj only dropped one vial per kill for a while, obviously not a mistake to cockblock Hyjal, which wasn't even done as far as polishing was concerned.

Kael'thas didn't even die until 3.1. Why did he die in 3.1? Because they changed a whole mess of factors in his encounter.

Hyjal - Everything up to Archimonde fell over easily.

Jointly, Hyjal and SSC/TK were deliberately, obviously overtuned for the sole sake that Blizzard hadn't done their shit.

BT - Everything died extremely quickly, including Illidan. In fact, Blizzard had to BUFF most of the later bosses to prevent people from killing it too quickly. Didn't stop the top guilds.

Sunwell - Again, everything died quickly, even Twins. M'uru, the hardest boss ever conceived, took a grand total of four days, and that was having to deal with constant anti-pushback group stacking bullshit.

And here we are, with people reminiscing about the good ol' days which were honestly not that much different from today. The only difference is, LK heroic modes are honestly more difficult in terms of mechanics than much older fights. Information on min/maxing is more readily available and mods have just become more robust to compensate for it.

A lot of people cite that attempt limitations make things different and that these bosses wouldn't have died as easily if attempts were limited, but how do you know? Who's to say that if there were limited attempts, guilds wouldn't have played better to compensate?

Blizzard can't design hard modes around the top 0.1%. If they did, mid-progression guilds would be unhappy with how easy normal modes were, but how overly difficult heroic modes were. If a solid group of 25 people who have played together for years and know the game inside and out get together, they can beat any reasonably possible challenge in a short amount of time. That's how game design works.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    and the thing is that these top guilds have the gear that is required for that (since hard mode t10 is the equivalent to 25 man reg) so it cant just be a gear check. im assuming the encounter on hard mode is........well you know, its hard.

im just really excited for them to down it so then they can post a video, im dying to see what the fight is like.
    Indeed. Looking at the item levels, those who have been raiding ICC 25 should be well enquiped for hardmode Lich King in the 10man instance and even more they have some parts of 25 hardmode loot. So it can't just be about the gear. As Paragon stated on their website: Hard boss is Hard

And those who cry about people crying the game is too easy. I personally think it is. But when i say that i don't mean all the raids are. But in overall the game is way too casualcraft. Getting T9 by running heroics? Sure it's the shitty emblem version but when people that have never even seen Yogg or better yet, never even set foot into Ulduar get that, it's too much for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalayaz
    Indeed. Looking at the item levels, those who have been raiding ICC 25 should be well enquiped for hardmode Lich King in the 10man instance and even more they have some parts of 25 hardmode loot. So it can't just be about the gear. As Paragon stated on their website: Hard boss is Hard

And those who cry about people crying the game is too easy. I personally think it is. But when i say that i don't mean all the raids are. But in overall the game is way too casualcraft. Getting T9 by running heroics? Sure it's the shitty emblem version but when people that have never even seen Yogg or better yet, never even set foot into Ulduar get that, it's too much for me...
    yeah they basically took out the grind from the game. i dont see why people have a problem with getting t9 from badges. would you really like to go through nax, then ulduar, then toc. just to step into icc on your alts or your new recruited friend

yeah they basically took out the grind from the game. i dont see why people have a problem with getting t9 from badges. would you really like to go through nax, then ulduar, then toc. just to step into icc on your alts or your new recruited friend
    Not many guilds recruit people who need to go trough Naxx when they are raiding ICC. And if hes my friend then yeah, i think he himself would like to see the previous instances before jumping to the last in the whole expansion. It doesn't feel right when you can just farm 5 man heroics and raid the the joke of an instance called toc and then go to ICC...

Thats why i liked vanilla and tbc because you had to run trough the old instances. It's like using a cheat to skip levels in super mario. But hey thats just my opinion.

Deleted

two weeks.

I'm betting a Month.