Soft Arm-Pen cap w/ Needle-Encrusted Scorpion

I apologize, as I'm sure this question has been asked many times.

I'm trying to improve my fury off-spec. I tank 90% of the raids I'm in but occasionally I help DPS. To that end, I'm trying to improve my warriors gemming. Until now I've been gemming straight strength, but I see more and more warriors gemming for Armor Pen and I hear a lot about the "armor pen soft cap."

So my question is: Should I gem for armor pen, if so, how much given that I have Needle-Encrusted Scorpion.

My armory is here, suggestions and tips are appreciated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...xar&cn=Aeveras

I have 5/5 enrage since the majority of ICC fights seem to have AOE damage components so I figure that buff would have decent uptime (made the spec with Festergut 25 in mind).

Re: Soft Arm-Pen cap w/ Needle-Encrusted Scorpion

If you take the time to read, you will find a post on top of warriors forum index page
    that goes something like this. There you will find your answer. :-*

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-warrior/*guide*-armor-penetration-for-dummies!/

Apologies, I read that one quite hastily. I thought it was written with arms in mind but upon second reading I see how I can figure out what I need for fury through it.

Thanks.

friendly tip, if you have the chance, do ulduar 10, thorim HM (which isn't really hard) and get Mjolnir Runestone.
    yes it has lower crit and lower armor pen, but:
    NES has a 10% procc chance from Crits and MR has 15% procc chance from all attacks which means more, alot more uptime.

Gem ArP till 51.54% (721 ArP rating), so with the NES proc you'll hit 100%ArP.

BTW you are overcapping hit, if you have a chance change boots, and the mark of supremacy in favor of the boots from HoR and darkmoon card or Banner of victory.

The cheapest choice is banner of victory which will help you to reach the ArP soft cap easily, anyway darkmoon card (or death choice) is the best option.

You have 15 sockets, if you gem 13 +20ArP, and 2 +10ArP +15stam, you will have 280Arp (20%) from gems which will bring you to 43% ArP. If you follow my advice changing boots and picking the ones from HoR you'll get another 3.72% for a ~47% ArP (which is fine). If you also pick banner you'll reach ~53%.

Thanks for the tips Andreadik. I know I'm way over the hit cap, I've dropped some of the hit talents as a result.

Since DPS is my offspec I don't get priority on loots. I'm hoping to eventually pick up the 10 ICC boots off of Gunship, or get lucky with H HoR. Either would be a large upgrade over my silly Naxx25 boots.

I might see about doing that hard mode Rigr mentioned, several people in my guild have been wanting to go back and do Uld 10 HMs for the drakes anyways.

Would you recommend downgrading to the T9 10 man DPS chest in order to get more armor pen or is that not worth it?

Don't skill enrage. Believe me, it doesn't procc from AoE damage.

I was just checking out your toon and I was wondering why you put 2 +30 gems in your boots. I don't want to turn this into a gemming discussion about your prot gear as you appear to know what you're doing there but I believe you will see a bigger benefit from a 30 Stam and a 10def/15stam gem setup as the bonus is 9.

That's just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt
    I was just checking out your toon and I was wondering why you put 2 +30 gems in your boots. I don't want to turn this into a gemming discussion about your prot gear as you appear to know what you're doing there but I believe you will see a bigger benefit from a 30 Stam and a 10def/15stam gem setup as the bonus is 9.

That's just my opinion. Take it or leave it.
    I'm really far over the defense soft-cap, and based on what I've read gemming for stam to the exclusion of pretty much everything (excepting maybe a +12 stam bonus like in my helm) is superior.

I always understood it as if the socket is +9 or +12 stam then you should go for the socket other wise just plug away with +30 stam gems...
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-