Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ele would like some lock loving please!

Quote Originally Posted by Krunklock
    I can't remember the last time my pet died during a boss fight :-(

Sartha 3D, Mimiron HM and Yogg HM would like a word with you.

So far in ICC no fight is pet-unfriendly though. The only one is Sindragosa, but it's because your pet like to despawn when she goes in her flight phase if you're not aware of it. Didn't have a chance to try hard modes yet.

That said what's the point of mana feed if your pet won't run oom without it? I'd better take my insta summon just in case (and because I always insta summon my pet with the short feldom cd now).

whith no raid buffs (bow replinisment etc.) he keeps cleaving for about 5 min whith out going oom... thats why no locks spec it

There is no way he will cleave for 5min with no mana regen from buffs. Cleave is 10% base mana per cast at a 6sec CD. He will be oom far before 5min even hits.

Quote Originally Posted by TallanX
    There is no way he will cleave for 5min with no mana regen from buffs. Cleave is 10% base mana per cast at a 6sec CD. He will be oom far before 5min even hits.
    Base mana =/= total mana

Cleave costs like 439 mana or something like that for a level 80 Felguard.

If you're geared he should have ~10k mana unbuffed. Maybe a bit more. Which means assuming zero mana regen it'd take him over two minutes to oom.

I do not know how pets regen with spirit, but I assume they're restricted by the 5SR. That means he gets 1 second of non-casting regen between cleaves. I honestly have no idea how much this is.

In my experience it does take ~4 minutes for my shit-geared warlock's felguard to oom (~8k manapool) without wisdom or replenishment. With just wisdom it takes longer than any currently-released fight for him to oom, and he sits at full mana with replen going.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.

With no Buffs a Felguard has 8K Mana and thats with almost all 251+ gear. With no mana regen he is oom in about 3min give or take 5 seconds. Like said even with my locks gear the Fel Guards mana pool is only at 8319 unbuffed. This is also not taking into account intercept if there is adds to be changed to since your pet is a good amount of damage you should send it after them as well. Taking that into account you will run even faster. So your right that your pet can probley not go oom with a few buffs but I don't see an advantage to a faster cast time over making sure my pet is never oom by what ever mistake.

O ya, Like I said, if your pet is being killed off your either doing something wrong in the raid with your pet or your not able to micromanage him to keep away from things that would kill it.