General tanking question

Is it worth having more defense or dodge?

Heres what I Got:
    Defense rating is 858 (+174 Defense) increase chance to Dodge, Block and Parry by: 6.96% decreases chance to be hit critically by 6.96%

My dodge is at: 30.70% at the moment

My main question is this. Should I keep my defense rating a little bit above 540 and
    gem completly into dodge or should I keep my defense rating at 574 right now where it is
    and let my dodge, parry and block remain where it is? Also to add to that whats the MAX defense rating
    till I get fully capped and cannt gain anymore? Appreciate the feedback guys

Re: General tanking question

gem for pure stam, its your choice either to gem for socket bonusses with dodge+stam or hit/exp+stam, if the bonus is worth it.

there are fights such as Anub adds where having high avoidance is a must if your gna solo tank it.
    it depends on fights, but pure stamina has more value then anything else, because of DR on avoidance.

having to much defense isnt bad, because the cap isnt actually a cap, you still get avoidance from it.

ofcourse you dont wanna be a mana sponge, so abit of avoidance is also needed, i personally gem for stamina and fill red slots with dodge/stam and yellow with either defense/stam or hit/stam, depending on your TPS.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want