14/0/57 Reaping Spec

I was just wondering how much arpen you need for this to be viable http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Jonnyutah heres my armory. I am still not seeing significant DPS increases even with 4pc t10 and reaping when i was at 4pc t9. any reasons why? I am thinking its because of my arpen and also my trinkets blow i know ( i have no luck >.>)

Re: 14/0/57 Reaping Spec

There is no required amount of any stat to play any spec in the game.

The actual dps gain from swapping to a reaping spec is going to be a lot smaller than you will be able to notice from a couple of logs.

Your post belongs in the dps sticky.

well there is a certain amount for the spec for it to be a dps gain. I do not think I want a dps loss. What I have been reading is that scourge strike scales with your armor pen so for it to be a dps gain is for 1 scourge strike to do more dmg then 2 blood strikes so there has to be a ball park where your armor pen has to be

Reaping is not worth it until you have 2/5 t10. Once you have that, you will see dividends from the reaping spec.

i have 4/5 t10 and still dont see that much a difference in my dps then with 4/5 t9. i use the rotation on EJ for reaping so there its gotta be something along of the lines of not having enough arp

Scourge strike always does more damage than two blood strikes, that has nothing to do with armour penetration as they both gain equal benefit from it.

In order for reaping to be better than dark conviction the dps gained by replacing two blood strikes with one scourge strike and freeing a gcd for potential death coils needs to be greater than the dps gained by increasing the crit chance of everything by 3%.

This is where sims come in handy because calculating when reaping is worth taking is far more complicated than just comparing scourge strike and blood strike damage.

And no you will not see much difference in your dps, the difference is probably going to be under a percent of your total dps.

alright cool thanks