Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling.../sigh

Guys,

I often see people having like 5+ lvl 80's..
    What do all those people have in mind or what do they do while leveling?
    Seriously, I think leveling is like...the worst thing ingame. Nothing has frustrated me more in the game than leveling...
    Though , I lost my old account. I now have a new one and ofc because of my awesome addiction (ololol) I am FORCED to level since I do love playing max lvl!
    What do you guys do to make leveling fun, because it's so slooowwww. I mean , 6 hours per level in northrend :'(
    Please , me needs halp for motivation.

Cheers :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling.../sigh

thanks for your riveting opinion post

Most of the people I know that have more than on 80 raid on 3 or 4 of them each week with pugs. Motivation to raid multiple times during the week I'm guessing...

Just finished my 6th 80, and my next one is setting at 72 waiting to go, I just put on some music and go with it brow, Questing is so fast when you know where you going and what to do.

I only raid on 2 80's though the other ones just doing a random every day and buy me saronite, yippie for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty
    thanks for your riveting opinion post
    Thanks for your utterly useful response :-*

At lower lvs pvp is much more enjoyable than at 80. you dont get stunlocked, resilience means crap, to me its more balanced (xept hunters.... they suck). Also doing the quests you get to meet a difference side of the game. Others players lvling their alts, in some cases actual new players, and this helps the experience to me. I dont think of it as a grind to 80...its a chance for me to relive what i did all those years ago when i knew shit or in classical terms: a Newb.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

Variation is the key.
    Northrend and outland are filled with gold.
    Dualspec, do bgs, do random dungeons, do a quest here and there, grind some.

I acctually enjoy grinding the most, just get some music and some nice snacks, and voila you are lvl 80 in no time

You're 'forced' to level up, poor you!
    Saving for Cata.

My motivation to level alts is their proffessions. I have 4 80s.
    My main is a mage with 450 Alchemy and 450 tailoring. Then comes my Pally with 460 Enchanting and 450 jewelcrafting, then my rogue with Mining/Herbalism, and a Shaman with 443 LW/450 Skinning.
    That being said i have a lvl 71 druid with 450 Inscription with every glyph and 450 herbalism and a 71 DK with 450 Enchanting(again) and 443 Blacksmithing. For some reason I enjoy leveling proffessions and when i get stuck because of level restrictions I end up having to level more to get it maxed out. All these proffessions are also for supplying my main/guild/friends with whatever they need.

Altoholic here 7 level 80's and at least 5 characters at 62+ ,as seen below in my sig

I'll be honest I just like levelling new characters I love the old world, and its nice an relaxing for me to just spend some time playing a new class/spec/race.

I don't tend to rush to max level , but once I do I like to kit them out in the best gear I can get them ( don't raid much these days sadly;/)

I guess if you enjoy the character your playing then levelling isnt so bad.

Oh and the new LFG system is amazing for levelling new chars, whilst out questing queue up so that when a dungeon pops it breaks up questing if your finding it boring!

Ohh and ofc battlegrounds ! theres alot you can do to take the boring out of it, even levelling 2-3 chars at the same time so that you can level one up till rested goes then bench it to gain more rested and whilst yer waiting level the other char till rested bonus stops, rinse repeat, or find yourself a RaF buddy! that has to be one of the best ways of levelling a character up if you really do find it tedious.

Goodluck!

I am one of those people that love leveling. I find the content is still enjoyable even after all this time. Plus working on professions is just pure fun.

If you've been through Northrend once before level up in a different area as you get closer to 80. Even try reading some of the quests, they're actually interesting ;D

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I am (as many others) an altoholic. I have 6 level 80 characters, and my soon to be next one is level 75 now.

It is all about taste. Some people like PvP'ing, some people like hardcore raiding, some just like casual playing. I, for one, am a bit of a mix. I raid once or twice a week, else than that it's just casual gaming and leveling alts. I love it, and always will. I was one of the few people who actually had 2 lvl 60's back pre-bc, where the leveling actually took ages.

There is no specific answer as to how to make leveling fun, it's all about what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethric
    Variation is the key.
    Northrend and outland are filled with gold.
    Dualspec, do bgs, do random dungeons, do a quest here and there, grind some.

I acctually enjoy grinding the most, just get some music and some nice snacks, and voila you are lvl 80 in no time
    This. I personally love leveling and questing. I rotate which toons I am leveling so I get different play styles and I choose different zones to level in to keep things new and fresh. Pop some random bgs or dungeons to spice it up a bit. IMHO leveling is way more fun than end game. The first couple times that I do a dungeon or raid, sure it is great, but after that it is just doing the same exact thing over and over and over and over and over.... to me end game is like doing the same five quest ad nauseum. Everybody has their opinion, and everybody has something that they enjoy/don't enjoy. There is no magic pill to make you like something that you hate. Try a bunch of different things until you find something that works for you.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Lvling is really a pain.. in my opinion.. its so boring! :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolga
    Who cares EPICS ARE SOULBOUND and irl shit comes and goes!!!!!!

Thanks for your replies guys , keep m coming!

I'm like Phoenixforce; I have 8 80s (/sigh) but I only actively pursue raiding on two.

For myself, I really enjoy doing a really good job. So as I level I focus intensely on improving, learning the ins and outs of the class, and just performing optimally. I figure it's better to learn as much as you can while leveling. To that end I try to run dungeons (after leveling so many times I know where to get all the quests so I only run them once), push myself by trying to solo elites, etc. Also having a fun guild helps, since at least you can chat while grinding.

Mostly because of professions. Need enchants, gems, useful/required items? But the AH just tends to add up a little more then its worth.

Originally it was because doing daily's as a healer were a real bitch and rather not worth the hours it took to cover raiding repair and consumable costs. So lvl'd tank/dps. Loves mutlitask Burning crusade druid <3.

Then it was because you can only do so many daily's, farm, and heroics. Next alt!

Who the hell was this bastard that made all my 18 slot bags, and this badly named guy who made my cape... Tired of seeing people's names that I've had a falling out with... Next alt!!

I have 10k that I'm not using for any reason, and it would be nifty to make my own gems without asking guildy's... Next alt!

Tired of heroics without purpose... Next alt!

Rinse and Repeat...

6h per lvl?
    you can "easily" get 1 mil xp / hour. That makes lvling take about 1.5-2h per lvl. Did 68-75 in 1 day and 75-80 on another. Lvling isnt that hard. just focus and your done real quick. The only lvls that acctually are a pain is 40-58. That takes ages to complete.

Do pick up all q's from a hub. Do all the q's you got in 1 place and move on to the next. Do as many as possible before turning them all in.

The 1 mil xp / hour is with a epix flyer at lvl 70, you can get about 700k / hour with a regular one. I did it with a regular flyer on my paladin and it still took 2 days to get from 68-80. (Yes I have to much time on me hands)

Key is: Focus focus focus

I used to feel like this.. At least for the levels of 1-58 (or so).. But this interval has been reduced to somewhere around 1-20 after the new dungeon system..
    Just queue up, do some quests, do a dungeon - get a nice change in the leveling! Really has upped the fun-factor numerous times!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaild0rf
    G
    What do you guys do to make leveling fun, because it's so slooowwww. I mean , 6 hours per level in northrend :'(
    WTF man? back to BC with you.
    - In BC we got lots of xp from dungeons, before it was nowhere near as easy to fill an XP bar with 30 minutes in an instance
    - BC reduced XP levelling nearly ALL the vanilla levels, and then it was reduced moar for wotlk, including the amount required to level in outland.
    -Shed loads of quests now have improved XP gains since the 3.3 quest update - XP is a static reward rather than diminishing for lower level quests like it used to
    -mounts at level 5 now? No? it only seems like that...
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.