Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Leveling.../sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty
    thanks for your riveting opinion post
    You obviously don't understand what a forum is for...

I'm an altoholic
    I have a problem.

I really don't mind leveling, I think it's a fun part of the game.
    Guess I just like change and the option to play multiple characters ^^

I have 6 lvl 80's and a 76, 68, 35 and 25 ;D

Quote Originally Posted by annomander999
    WTF man? back to BC with you.
    - In BC we got lots of xp from dungeons, before it was nowhere near as easy to fill an XP bar with 30 minutes in an instance
    - BC reduced XP levelling nearly ALL the vanilla levels, and then it was reduced moar for wotlk, including the amount required to level in outland.
    -Shed loads of quests now have improved XP gains since the 3.3 quest update - XP is a static reward rather than diminishing for lower level quests like it used to
    -mounts at level 5 now? No? it only seems like that...
    Sorry I should have been a bit clearer on the subject, the emphasis ( if that's how you write it) for me is on Northrend, since I did lvl 1-60 RaF and outland ain't that bad anymore these days. It's just northrend, to me it's mind numbing. It's basically : /mount to destination, kill some things x100 , run around abit in between, deliver, repeat.
    And well 6 hours is abit exaggerated I know, more like 4-4,5 hrs.

Guess I'll try out what you guys are saying and if that doesn't help , well maybe I'll just hire some chinese guy to do it for me in 3 days :P

I've never had any problems leveling from 60-80, its the levels from 1-60 that are the biggest pain in the ass. I generally just level over long periods of time. When you're bored one day, just go level once or twice on that character. When you get bored, stop. Don't force yourself to be miserable until you hit 80.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Deck yourself out in heirloom gear, play a hybrid where you can dps when you solo and tank/heal for dungeons. Use the lfg tool for instant queues and it's easy to lvl.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Just finished leveling my priest to 80 last week. 76-80 took ~3h/level. I liked it.

When I leveled my first 70-80 I rushed through to hit up naxx and kill some doodz.

2nd time I rushed my dk to tank naxx for a starting guild.

3rd time was my priest and to be honest, it was the most fun leveling i've ever had.

Get sick of questing? Instance grind.
    Sick of instance grinding? BG grind.
    Sick of BG grinding? quest.
    Sick of all 3? play one of my 80's for a while.

I agree with jekrel though, 1-60 is the hardest for me. Thinking of leveling either a Pally or a shaman next...

Just put on music, and grind away... it takes less time than you think.

How many times have you done Northrend already? I thought the first two alts were just awesome because of the great content, beautiful zones, epic quest lines... take your time to digest! After that it gets boring and a bit too grindy, I levelled my 3rd toon in dungeons a lot (and it should be even more easy with lfg now, otoh, thanks to lfg and triumph/frost badges, I've seen all of these dungeons so often now I just can't stand them any more).

My 4th toon is sitting at 67 and I guess I'll just wait for Blizz to turn XP/lvl down for 70-80 before I hit Northrend again.

The most annoying part in levelling is very clearly 50-58.

10+ Year Old Account

on my past 2 80's ive grinded AV for the last 3 levels. I'm not a pvper by any means, but the exp you get there is pretty decent, considering you win at least 75% of the time (allys on my battlegroup are awful at everything but av). Also the place is a lot of fun.

Best thing you can do while leveling is to just focus and try to enjoy yourself.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

I actually relatively enjoy leveling. It gives you a sense of working towards an ultimate goal. I have two level 80s: a mage (my main), and a warrior. I love playing my mage all the time, but I've barely touched my warrior since getting it to level 80. Besides playing on my mage, I just don't like playing at max level. I'd rather focus my efforts on making my mage a good character, and simply just level up others. I still have a few alts that I level up, but I think I probably won't play them much if they do eventually get to level 80. That's just how I play.

I just like playing a new class. For me, it takes a lot of gritting my teeth and willing myself on when I'm levelling a toon from 20-40. After 40, the classes tend to get something really good and end up tearing up the countryside with their nifty new spells, and the levels just fly by. I had my priest for like a year before I played her enough to hit 40, and a week later she was 54 :P

I personally don't enjoy leveling, even though I have 8 level 80's. I have a few characters on random servers at 50-60 as well. I have ADD so I am quite surprised I have more than one 80. ;D

i leveled 3 toons to 60 in about 4-5 days with recruit a friend. i had dual box set up that let one of my tunes autofollow, heal me, and all the other stuff like cleans and BoP without tabbing to the second game that was open(running in windo mode is best, with the 2nd toon with lowest graphics if you need to)(only thing is i had to buy vanilla for 20$ so i can go past the lvl 20 cap on the 1q0 day trial.) all of my 2nd dudes macros were bound to the numpad. so i leveld 2 dudes in less than a week to 60, then i had an old lvl 30 on the side, so i granted him 30 lvls. so thats 3 60s in less than a week. if you have the money, you can continue and buy BC for the 2nd account, i did not though. so then you can have the huge speed boost in outland too, although that place is extremely fast to level if you go at 58 or 60, and clear HFP, atleast half of terokkar, most of nagrand and just a few Spikey Mountain scary impaled dragon zone. in that order. then youre 68 and ready for the slow northrend leveling. maybe level 1 up to 80 and get the xp boa shoulders and chestpiece.

edit: forgot, i spent 20$ for 2nd account's vanilla, and then 25 to transfer that toon to my main account

I always love levelling, I don't have that problem, Cataclysm-Alt Friendly Ftw. :-*

With the ability to fly with a 280% as well as a (what is it now, 25%?) accelerated leveling speed, I don't see how people can have issues with it. It goes by pretty quick. Flying being the main factor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Currently sitting at 7 level 80's (Warrior, Priest, Rogue, DK, Hunter, Druid and Paladin) with my 8th (Warlock) very close (level 77). I also have an Alliance Warrior at 77.

Mainly they were leveled out of guild needs. We needed something, I leveled it. After about 4 of them, I just kind of got into a groove and when I sat down to level, you just turn into a machine and get it done.

I also have nothing much else to do after the kids are in bed. TV bores me and the wife works at night so it's just me and my Alts.

I'm glad I have the options I have now. If someone needs something, I am always able to fill whatever role they may need. Keeps the day to day stuff kind of fresh when approaching it from a different angle (and you do learn a lot about class synergy and whatnot).

I currently have 3 toons at 80 (Priest, Pally, Mage) that I play off and on. My Priest has been my main throughout WotLK, but I hate healing, so I keep creating more characters to get a better feel for other aspects of the game. I'm currently leveling a Rogue (lvl 75) that I'm going to be raiding more with than my others. I also have a Hunter, DK, Warlock and Druid above 70 that need some attention. I think I do a lot of it because I learn a lot about a class when I play it and I used to be a PvP junky, so I try to get as many characters as high as I can to find out how they're played and what counters them. Also, I like to not be tied down to one toon and have the ability to fulfill a need of a raid at a moments notice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    With the ability to fly with a 280% as well as a (what is it now, 25%?) accelerated leveling speed, I don't see how people can have issues with it. It goes by pretty quick. Flying being the main factor there.
    As I stated before , I have no lvl 80 atm so no flappy either

Quote Originally Posted by Phaild0rf
    Guys,

I often see people having like 5+ lvl 80's..
    What do all those people have in mind or what do they do while leveling?
    Seriously, I think leveling is like...the worst thing ingame. Nothing has frustrated me more in the game than leveling...
    Though , I lost my old account. I now have a new one and ofc because of my awesome addiction (ololol) I am FORCED to level since I do love playing max lvl!
    What do you guys do to make leveling fun, because it's so slooowwww. I mean , 6 hours per level in northrend :'(
    Please , me needs halp for motivation.

Cheers :P
    I have 80s of these classes: druid, warrior, rogue, hunter, paladin.
    I have 50+ of these classes: priest, warlock, mage, DK

I love leveling. There's nothing more relaxing than just leveling after a particular grueling progression fight. I've never understood why people don't like it. I suppose the rapid character progression is what I enjoy the most. Right now, my current project is my mage. I'm about level 51 on him and I will have him raid geared within a week of hitting 80. My last project was my rogue and that was ridiculously fun.