Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Demo] addon to track Molten Core procs

Question in title; any good ones?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Re: [Demo] addon to track Molten Core procs

you only need one addon ever in this entire game
    power auras
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

That's a lie! You also need like, a bar mod, to make stuff pretty! Oh and recount to measure your e-peen.

But uh, yeah, get Power Auras. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    That's a lie! You also need like, a bar mod, to make stuff pretty! Oh and recount to measure your e-peen.

But uh, yeah, get Power Auras. It's awesome.
    Call me old school, but I've always used the standard blizz UI

but I'll get on that power aura addon.

(And the reason I use standard blizz UI is because I've always felt it allows me on-demand access to any spell I could want with its 90000 buttons between all the actionbars)
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Power Auras Classic:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s-classic.aspx

I don't think I could play demo without /powa. Set up power auras to monitor both Molten Core and Decimation procs (it will pop up a graphic, centered on your character by default, and can include time remaining and charges remaining). You can also set it up to pop up big notification graphics for missing buffs (Fel Armor / Spellstone wearing off), and missing pet (by checking for buffs that go along with the pet).

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin
    (And the reason I use standard blizz UI is because I've always felt it allows me on-demand access to any spell I could want with its 90000 buttons between all the actionbars)
    Any bar add-on will do that too. :P It will just also let you move them freely so you can see more of the screen, resize them, reorganize them, provide easier keybinding settings, etc.

I like power auras, I really do. I use the addon aswell.

But its freaking stupid that you can only select 1 single freaking filter per aura unless you jump through like 20 hoops.

It should be possible and easy to make a power aura show when you have a proc+something is off cooldown.

15+ Year Old Account

Here is what my Power Aura's looks like with Life Tap (purple) and the surrounding is MC with the proc count. It even moans at me when its up in case I temporarily go blind.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1...0110015235.jpg

i use parrot to keep track of all my rolling buffs. brings up the MC icon above your char's head. also says then you lose MC or any other buff it can be a lot to look at though.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

i have an easier time with bars then icons or just plane numbers so i use Elkanos Buff Bar

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/483...gxe5a2dfln.jpg

Any bar add-on will do that too. :P It will just also let you move them freely so you can see more of the screen, resize them, reorganize them, provide easier keybinding settings, etc.
    Maybe I'll mess around with them. I just hate the re-adjustment period.

Is Bartender the best for that?

www.spinatlantic.com

15+ Year Old Account

I don't like Parrot for stuff like this because if you accidentally miss the proc come up and see if when it is gone, you get pissed. A visual notification that stays on your screen until you use it is MUCH better. Power Aura's is a must for any raider IMO. Not just for class specific proc's, but for raid debuffs (which is huge)

15+ Year Old Account

Is Bartender the best for that?
    Bartender4 in conjuntion with ButtonFacade:Serenity looks sexy I think

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rayse
    Power Auras Classic:
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s-classic.aspx

I don't think I could play demo without /powa. Set up power auras to monitor both Molten Core and Decimation procs (it will pop up a graphic, centered on your character by default, and can include time remaining and charges remaining). You can also set it up to pop up big notification graphics for missing buffs (Fel Armor / Spellstone wearing off), and missing pet (by checking for buffs that go along with the pet).
    This.

I use it myself as well and it's the best you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter
    Bartender4 in conjuntion with ButtonFacade:Serenity looks sexy I think
    I'll test those out, and get a SS of the end-result once they're all loaded up and set.

www.spinatlantic.com

http://i47.tinypic.com/dcssy9.jpg

that's what I'm looking at so far, any other addon suggestions?

www.spinatlantic.com

That actually looks pretty decent as long as you understand exactly what your power auras mean. Might want to look into some party/raid frames just to be a bit more clean. Shadowed is nice and easy to configure.

http://i47.tinypic.com/dcssy9.jpg

that's what I'm looking at so far, any other addon suggestions?
    I'm a huge fan of Mik's Scrolling Battle Text. BTW, you can add custom sound files for when buff's proc. (Starcraft Fire Bat for MC proc's is fun)

Unit Frame and Buff mod's wouldn't be a bad choice either. Elkano's buff bars and Pitbull 4 are what I use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

That actually looks pretty decent as long as you understand exactly what your power auras mean. Might want to look into some party/raid frames just to be a bit more clean. Shadowed is nice and easy to configure.
    I tried out that addon, but I wasn't too crazy about it. I'd like a unitframes that still look a bit like the current ones, but a bit cleaner.

and raid frames too, would be nice. Mine currently look like:

http://i47.tinypic.com/16c44g7.jpg

(Just an old SS, so the UI is a bit different now.)

www.spinatlantic.com

Don't change what you don't need to. Bars and stuff give you more room, better screen reality, etc... I doubt changing your frames would. So, if you like how they look (mostly) go with it.