((HM))25&10man LK--Last Man Standing--

The Heroic Version of 25man AND 10man Lich King fight, as of 10:30 am PST on Monday Feb 15, is the last Heroic boss standing and as of the start of WoW this is never happened with the gate system. Let me explain in BC Sunwell when the gates came down the bosses were instantly beat within 1-5 days I remember KJ was downed (day 5 after gate came down). According to sources --On May 20th, 2008, the 3rd gate of the Sunwell Plateau was brought down on US Servers unlocking the encounter.-- While the Lich King has gone 6 days (as of Feb 15 11:38 am PST) without being downed. Any thoughts on the matter?
    >>My personnal opinion[I can be wrong but that doesn't mean you can insult me for my opinions ]: People-look below- asked Blizz for worthy end of expansion boss and they made a boss to pimp slap everyone and keep the top guilds busy(not very likely prob everyone is going to down him tonight lol)..

-(These were mostly idiots that believed that watching a vid on tank spot means they downed the guy. I know this because my guild downed him 10man and is currently working on 25man and let me tell you if you haven't done it keep your thoughts to yourself, it's a great fight ;D. )

Re: ((HM))25&10man LK--Last Man Standing--

I believe the limited try system plays a major role, because guild can't just go in and wipe all night till they get it. So it's only not been beaten because of this system IMO... needless to say I don't doubt it's a hard fight, but I believe if their was no limited attempt system in place a guild would have already killed him.

Also I hate how people say "OMG SO EASY NOW" when top guilds kill a boss... because thats all that have killed them is TOP GUILDS and most of the scrubs that complain barley have the first 4 bosses in normal mode down.

Game hasn't gotten easier, its been out for like 7+ years people know all about gearing, min/maxing dps and shit and their are tons of guides and sites like mmo-champion that flood with info on everything. Where in Vanilla which is always falsely stated as being "harder" it was mainly because no one knew shit about the game as they do now. If ICC was open in vanilla I bet you people would have taken weeks to even get to LK without the gating system.

Quote Originally Posted by smickdeath
    I believe the limited try system plays a major role, because guild can't just go in and wipe all night till they get it. So it's only not been beaten because of this system IMO... needless to say I don't doubt it's a hard fight, but I believe if their was no limited attempt system in place a guild would have already killed him.

Also I hate how people say "OMG SO EASY NOW" when top guilds kill a boss... because thats all that have killed them is TOP GUILDS and most of the scrubs that complain barley have the first 4 bosses in normal mode down.
    I believe the limited attempt system was to make the place harder and a worthy successor to Uld <ToC was filter content lol>
    but we'll see if they can do it before the end of the night tonight <tuesday reset> I totally agree with what your saying btw

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    I believe the limited attempt system was to make the place harder and a worthy successor to Uld <ToC was filter content lol>
    but we'll see if they can do it before the end of the night tonight <tuesday reset> I totally agree with what your saying btw
    Limited attempts does not make a fight harder.

well limited attempt system made this bosses hard but still ppl learn fights on nromal and alt runs and they didnt down him on hc that actually speaks his hard plus ppl downed other bosses on hc but they used attempts even if they learned fight with alt runs wiped on different lockout..that proves this game is still hard
    so y true it made this raid harder but never lose the fact that ppl lost attempts even if they hard much time 2 learn fights....

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muraske
    Limited attempts does not make a fight harder.
    in a long run yes it does<depends on the guild> for example: if it takes 10 tries to get a fight down but you only have 5 you have to prefect the other fights to get enough attempts to down the boss your on.

The reason why the top guilds make it look easy is because they one shot a lot of the limited attempt bosses. This is where things go wrong - because the same people who say "Paragon one shot 25 LK" don't even know that they actually wiped MANY times on that boss.. except they did those wipes on 10 man learning the fight initially and on 25 man in their ALT RAID.

Also, in BC there was no 10 man Sunwell and no limited attempts so the top guilds put all their time into basically what is 25 heroic on their main characters. This whole system now is very time consuming for the top guilds as they have to clear 25 heroic basically twice (or three times if they have two alt raids) before they can really do attempts on LK 25 Heroic. After this, they have to actually kill him which is a hard enough task. It took 100+ attempts to get a world first Kil'jaeden and M'uru if I remember correctly.

With this logic, the world first LK heroic kill *could* be STARS because I think they have 3 or more raids and therefore more attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvn
    The reason why the top guilds make it look easy is because they one shot a lot of the limited attempt bosses. This is where things go wrong - because the same people who say "Paragon one shot 25 LK" don't even know that they actually wiped MANY times on that boss.. except they did those wipes on 10 man learning the fight initially and on 25 man in their ALT RAID.

Also, in BC there was no 10 man Sunwell and no limited attempts so the top guilds put all their time into basically what is 25 heroic on their main characters. This whole system now is very time consuming for the top guilds as they have to clear 25 heroic basically twice (or three times if they have two alt raids) before they can really do attempts on LK 25 Heroic. After this, they have to actually kill him which is a hard enough task. It took 100+ attempts to get a world first Kil'jaeden and M'uru if I remember correctly.

With this logic, the world first LK heroic kill *could* be STARS because I think they have 3 or more raids and therefore more attempts.
    I remember hearing something on the same line of more then 75 attempts for the guilds that downed him.
    I know a lot of the top guilds can easily get 3 or more alt runs so the limit attempts isn't much to hold them down we might see the kill tonight even.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrim
    in a long run yes it does<depends on the guild> for example: if it takes 10 tries to get a fight down but you only have 5 you have to prefect the other fights to get enough attempts to down the boss your on.
    This doesn't mean that the difficulty of the boss is higher, just that it takes longer to learn.

Limited attempts does make it harder.
    You now have the added pressure of "I can only wipe 12 more times and it's done" floating in your head.

Sure, RNG can fuck you raw like a French whore on a Friday night, and that's all part of the game.
    What this limited attempts thing is doing is causing extra stress and forcing people to pay attention to every little detail and walk the tightrope, praying they don't slip up and fall on their faces.

That is harder, but a different kind of harder. Maybe it's not necessary, but it's the way it is.

On a (non)serious note, if I was the Lich King and I killed the same people 10 times, I would just be like "Look, you guys are gluttons for punishment and I don't want to waste my time with you" then fly away on my undead pegasus with the trunk of epic loot that those players will never see (this lockout, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller
    like a French whore
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

guilds wiped several 100 times on boses in swp, use you math and calculate how many weeks that whould take with the limited attempts mechanic in icc.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Anyone can kill a boss on their first attempt, the only thing required is hitting keys correctly. There is no difference between your 1st and 50th attempt, you're just hitting your keys better.

If there was a 25 man full of computer programmed toons that could hit their keys exactly when they needed to, they could one shot any boss.

It's not really "hard", you just have to press your keys at the right time.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Tandellon

Quote Originally Posted by Tandellon
    Anyone can kill a boss on their first attempt, the only thing required is hitting keys correctly. There is no difference between your 1st and 50th attempt, you're just hitting your keys better.

If there was a 25 man full of computer programmed toons that could hit their keys exactly when they needed to, they could one shot any boss.

That's the thing, no one one shot anything. It's all been practiced before - prefaced with wipe after wipe; whether it be on the PTR or in an alt raid. That's the misconception a lot of people can't get over when they decide if ICC is harder than previous raids in the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tandellon

im a clicker.