SPriest - 4set t10

Ive been lookin around a little, and I've noticed all the high-end guilds' SPriests using the 4set.. my only question with this is: Don't you already spit out Mind Flays fast enough as is?!

Im just wondering if it would be more of an overall DPS increase to use the 4set (for the hastened MF's) or to just get more haste/crit for your DoT's?..

Re: SPriest - 4set t10

Faster is generally always better.....

As it is, my fully buffed flay is around a 1.5-1.6s cast time with the 4pc. Course, I've not had a chance to play with heroism and Flay yet, but I'm sure it will be awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Use 4pc obviously.

Saying we spit out Flays fast enough as it is, is like telling a Mage he casts Arcane Blast fast enough as it is, when it's a 2 sec cast with his current haste, for example.

But what I'm wondering if it'd be more beneficial to get another 100+ haste for our DoT's, being that VT/DP do a huge chunk of our overall damage too (VT ~20%+; DP ~14%+), compared to decreasing the cast time of MF which does ~34% damage

Are you saying that they are mutually exclusive? Because I don't think they are, and in most cases the stats on the 4pc are just as good as ICC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Omega
    Faster is generally always better.....

As it is, my fully buffed flay is around a 1.5-1.6s cast time with the 4pc. Course, I've not had a chance to play with heroism and Flay yet, but I'm sure it will be awesome.
    It truly is awesome. Any more when Heroism/Bloodlust gets cast, I spam MF and make sure DP and VT are up, and don't worry about anything else for those 45 seconds. My DPS jumps a good deal through it too, though it's usually later in the fight so I don't know exact percentages/amounts.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Raid buffed it's about a 500 dps increase. Unbuffed it's more like 200 dps. And it'll be better and better the more haste we get.

So yes, it's awesome and made of win. A bit to OP, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop
    It truly is awesome. Any more when Heroism/Bloodlust gets cast, I spam MF and make sure DP and VT are up, and don't worry about anything else for those 45 seconds. My DPS jumps a good deal through it too, though it's usually later in the fight so I don't know exact percentages/amounts.
    I got my 4pc at the end of our raid on Friday so I've not been in a raid again since then (tonight is our next raid).... so I'm looking forward to it....

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Raid buffed it's about a 500 dps increase. Unbuffed it's more like 200 dps. And it'll be better and better the more haste we get.

So yes, it's awesome and made of win. A bit to OP, almost.
    Look at mage's set bonuses. They get 2 unique set bonuses, one that gives 12% haste every time they use their proc, and 18% more damage on a 30s spell w/ a 3 minute CD. We get a 5% crit to our dots and 0.5s off the base cast time of MF.

Quote Originally Posted by badtouch1
    Ive been lookin around a little, and I've noticed all the high-end guilds' SPriests using the 4set.. my only question with this is: Don't you already spit out Mind Flays fast enough as is?!

Im just wondering if it would be more of an overall DPS increase to use the 4set (for the hastened MF's) or to just get more haste/crit for your DoT's?..
    trading out your 2pc T9 to get 4pT10 shifts how we dps. It puts a much higher priority on single target dps than multi dotting.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Look at mage's set bonuses. They get 2 unique set bonuses, one that gives 12% haste every time they use their proc, and 18% more damage on a 30s spell w/ a 3 minute CD. We get a 5% crit to our dots and 0.5s off the base cast time of MF.
    Yeah, we mages really got lucky. We got FUN stuff. You got boring stuff. Though 4-set is really great. Warlock and spriests 2-set is like the most boring things ever.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Both of the Spriests I run with on a regualr basis now have the 4pc and both love it. Right now they have been playing with their priority list and it appears that with set bonus removing MB from the priority list has become a 300-400dps INCREASE (on single target boss fights at least.) So yes the set is awesome, and yes it is likely to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antegon
    So yes the set is awesome, and yes it is likely to be nerfed.
    There's a thread on the Shadow Priest forums where there is a formula to figure out when to stop using Mind Blast, based on your Spell Power, haste, and Latency. For most people, somewhere around a 2sec Mind Flay (including set bonus) and 3300SP is where the trade off begins.

I'm not so sure it will be nerfed, actually, because there are some distinct trade offs between using and not using Mind Blast. You have to remember that if you're not casting Mind Blast, then you're not supplying your raid with Replenishment or putting our weak Mortal Strike on a target. If you have other sources for these in your raid then you can continue not using Mind Blast, but in some groups (10mans especially) this isn't always the case.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

It won't get nerfed, feral 4 set is more OP than the spriest 4 set... but our 4set is very tasty nonetheless. To answer the OP's question, 4 set is a must, it simplifies our cast sequence and we actually gain DPS by not having to weave spells unevenly in a set period more than the fact MF overtakes MB in terms of DPS... actually rawr tells me that MB is still higher DPS (by stuff all), so the real benefit is just being able to fit more MF ticks in without having to somehow weave in a spell every 7 sec.

4pc is amazing. after i got it i spent bout 30mins relearning on a dummy. first raid with it was a drastic improvement basically ignoring mind blast after the opening. then i went with our 10man, after the first few pulls i got yelled at cause i was our replenishment source. Keeping replenishment up most of the time gimped me a bit because i'm not used to it and was just a bit better than pre 4pc. I'm excited for this week now that got a bit of practice in.

Barely a reason to use Mind Blast in the opening.

MFx3 + DT + VT, SW:P (for standstill openings, like Festergut.)