Poll: Considering Haunt's missile time, what is the next spell to cast after Haunt ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Affliction PvE: What to cast after Haunt

Hello guys.

I've been facing quite a dilemma here.
    Both Elitistjerks and mmo-champion thread are prioritising Corruption over UA after Haunt.
    But the problem I'm having is: Haunt missile time.

What is the proper way ?
    1) Wait for Haunt to reach target, then apply Corruption, then apply UA
    2) Fill missile time w/ casting UA so hopefully UA lands right after Haunt
    3) Stuff it - I'm sticking with the priority list and I can't wait for Haunt to reach -- I'll cast Corruption !
    4) Before casting Haunt, run as close as possible to boss to minimise missile time, then cast Corruption.

Thank you for your time & attention~

Re: Affliction PvE: What to cast after Haunt

You're inventing a problem that doesn't exist. Under normal latency and standing at max range you would need very extreme haste values for Corruptions first tick to land before Haunt was able to fly to the target. Flight time for 36 yard is less than a GCD, so unless you're exceeding 100% haste at the start of a fight it isn't something you should be worried about. Percentage damage debuffs, like haunt, apply when damage is dealt, not when a spell is cast. The reason you might consider UA first is to hope that 4pT10 procs a little bit earlier (max 1 GCD earlier mind you) so you can start rolling a +10% Corruption.

15+ Year Old Account

If you cast Corruption, then Haunt, Corruption still gets the 20% bonus.

Therefore, the answer is 5) It doesn't matter

R.I.P. YARG

While the damage debuff supplied by haunt can be applied after Corruption is cast, that's not the reason for the opening being SB>Haunt. If you Corruption first you'll lose damage on the opening ticks. At say 20 yards if you cast SB>Corruption>Haunt then Corruption lands before SB, gets no +5% crit buff and ticks before Haunt lands. I know what you're getting at, but you have to be careful semantically or little forum kiddies will make the class look bad.

I agree with both Harky and Gherkin here.

My 2 cents - I'd say it also depends on the trinkets you are using. There are obviously small (almost non-measurable) counts of time between certain casts, even with latency issues. I personally use a rotation as follows: Cast lvl 1 SB, Haunt, NMIC, UA, Corruption, CoA (although admittedly if I am having to move into position quick on a boss, I will cast CoA 1st to go ahead and start the dmg ticking while on the run). The main reason for this rotation is b/c of the easy feel for re-applying dots as they run out, plus the UA will also get the NMIC effect for 1 dot period.

Once again though... 5 is pretty much the answer.

You shouldn't be using rank 1 SB. The damage difference is too extreme when comparing to rank 13 SB to be worth it, even if it gets your DoTs rolling a fraction of a second earlier.

@harky

That was actually a typo... it should have said lvl 13 SB - I generally make the distinction since people talk about different levels of casting.