Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    im pretty sure that MB shud never outperform MF with the gear levels in Wotlk

    however its priority is incredibly low

    i use it after a vampiric touch cast, and only drop it during heroism

    used perfectly it is still a dps increase, it scales very well

    my dps is very nice

  2. #22

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Ponko
    im pretty sure that MB shud never outperform MF with the gear levels in Wotlk

    however its priority is incredibly low

    i use it after a vampiric touch cast, and only drop it during heroism

    used perfectly it is still a dps increase, it scales very well

    my dps is very nice
    your wrong , the math out there if you want to look.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    4,418

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    just another failure by blizz. MB goes from the #1 priority spell to off the list completely in less than one full expansion
    YOU are the failure here. MB was never #1 prio, dots were.
    Also, there is just no logic in your statement.

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

  4. #24

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    YOU are the failure here. MB was never #1 prio, dots were.
    Also, there is just no logic in your statement.
    This is half true, actually. Mind Blast was sort of top priority, not in that it had the highest Damage per Execute Time, but that delaying it half a second had a higher impact on your DPS than delaying a single tick of your Vampiric Touch by the same time frame.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #25

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    YOU are the failure here. MB was never #1 prio, dots were.
    Also, there is just no logic in your statement.
    Actually there was some math done, where despite dots having more damage per execute time, you would actually lose less dps by prioritizing MB first due to having it available again sooner off of its 7sec cooldown due to the longer duration of dots 24 and 21sec with T9, and the shorter cooldown of mind blast. So yes, MB was actually #1 priority for maximum DPS pre T10. It wasn't huge, but it was a slight dps increase for a while.

  6. #26

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    It's the same reason Crusader Strike was so high of a priority for Ret Paladins before 2pT10. It does less damage, but its DPS is actually higher due to the shorter cooldown. The issue really comes up when something else surpasses its damage per cast time and has a lower cooldown. Crusader Strike is out prioritized by Divine Storm now for similar reasons.

  7. #27

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrayne

    With a raid put together with half a brain, and the homogenization of raid buffs, you will have both haste buffs. If you have both of these buffs you most likely will have the core SP buffs (plus food+flask). If you have t10 4pc within the past two weeks you should be in a level of raiding to have enough gear to make the bare minimum unbuffed reqs.

    You should read that I specified, it is only in a 25 man raid, I typically stick to the regular priority in 5 mans/10 mans for replishenishment until I can get enough gear to pull it of successfully with a lessser raid comp.

    Really... 5% spell haste only comes from a shaman... and we've been raiding with only an enh shaman for quite awhile. While your particular guild/raid might have an abundance it doesn't mean another guild/raid is struggling to find quality players to fulfill roles that are needed.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans ElAmigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orange Park, Fl
    Posts
    2,930

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Really... 5% spell haste only comes from a shaman... and we've been raiding with only an enh shaman for quite awhile. While your particular guild/raid might have an abundance it doesn't mean another guild/raid is struggling to find quality players to fulfill roles that are needed.
    then im sorry worshaka but your guild is doing it wrong. get another shaman, it will help out your casters a lot
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

  9. #29

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    They're probably trying. What do you do in the meantime while trying to recruit a Shaman worth bringing into a progression guild? They don't exactly grow on trees.

  10. #30

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    YOU are the failure here. MB was never #1 prio, dots were.
    Also, there is just no logic in your statement.
    That's not true, back in 3.1 and 3.2 it was found that delaying the MB cycle by a GCD was a greater dps loss than delaying VT or DP. Not to mention that casting VT directly before MB resulted in a guaranteed conflict 15 seconds later and the more clonflicts you had the more DPS you lost.

    Therefore back in the day MB > VT > DP > MF

  11. #31

    Re: Exodus' spriest priority list and spec

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    That's not true, back in 3.1 and 3.2 it was found that delaying the MB cycle by a GCD was a greater dps loss than delaying VT or DP. Not to mention that casting VT directly before MB resulted in a guaranteed conflict 15 seconds later and the more clonflicts you had the more DPS you lost.

    Therefore back in the day MB > VT > DP > MF
    Exactly. But the math wasn't revisited as we finished Ulduar and entered ToC. The "gain" was simply based on conflict comparisons and not overall damage or DPS done. Towards the end of Ulduar spriests were questioning the MB priority. Before 3.1, while ending Naxx, many questioned the "x global cooldowns between MB casts" management system. The questions grew, over and over, until the math could no longer show significant gains. While there is no math showing gains the other way outside of actions listings within Simulationcraft, the priority is dropped because the DPET of the spells is too large to manage conflict resolution. In addition, the conflict resolution has somewhat worked itself out at the new 700+ haste level ICC spriests are at.

    Dots
    Replenishment *optional
    Fillers

    That is our priority. Can be said to be "new" in 3.3, many say it isn't new.

    Dots - VT then DP if VT and DP collide less than 16 times per fight. DP then VT if they collide more than 16 times per fight. I have to say, though, I've never really had VT and DP "collide" with one another since loosing 2pT9 bonus.

    Replenishment - Healers need mana, so do mages, warlocks, pally tanks, etc. If YOU are a source of Replenishment for your raid, as in there is only 2-3 of you in a 25 or 1-2 in a 10person raid, this is a priority for you to execute. How often? How much? That's for you to decide depending on how loud the moaning is

    Fillers - Cast MB when CONVENIENT, not every cooldown. It can be argued that this priority setting to MB began in late 3.0, to become popular in late 3.1, and has not been mathematically shown as inferior since 3.2. Every other thousandth of a second should be inside a MF cast. Clip MF at the 2nd tick to refresh VT and DP if you are able to do so well, if not, finish the cast and refresh your dots. Do not clip MF for MB. Do not "wait" or have "down time" or "dead space" while waiting for MB cooldown, DP refresh, or VT refresh. Cast the MF and get to the higher priority by either clipping after the 2nd tick or finishing the channel if you are unable to clip with positive results.

    We have a dot-filler FCFS Priority system. Fist come, fist serve, while the ABC's are observed (Always Be Casting).

    Jdgaynor and I have been working on a spreadsheet to answer the "Can I drop MB completely for a damage gain?" question. It is not perfect, has assumptions, and is straight math with no random events, fluctuating latency, or cats jumping on your keyboard. I hope it is a step in the correct direction, though. Link to post w/ spreadsheet attached

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •