Poll: Should the VoA Bosses be in their own seperate instances?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Should the VoA Bosses be in their own seperate instances?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    They could just make the wings not open until you kill each boss in succession starting from Archavon.

They still have some upgrades PvP-wise for people * shrugs *

So that the other 9/24 people who actually farmed honor for their gear (Yes, you can get better gear than PvP drops there from honor) can carry your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame

So that the other 9/24 people who actually farmed honor for their gear (Yes, you can get better gear than PvP drops there from honor) can carry your ass?
    Your mistaking me for someone who needs to be carried :-\

VoA is still a cheaper option then farming... in regards to T10 I can farm up 60 - 90 Frost badges slowly or get lucky in VoA and get it for free... see the difference?

In most VoA25 groups past Toravon we have killed both Toravon and Koralon. If you need older gear than that, you need hc farming more than VoA. I do understand people who want to do Koralon as well, that gear can't be farmed from heroics and pvp items has their uses for not-that-active pve players for ocasional pvp.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer
    Mo, if you are too lazy to do all the bosses you shouldn't go and be rewarded. And archavon is still a good boss cuz of the chance the 3person mammoth drops.
    In my VoA raids, we start with archavon, next to emalon, koralon and finally toravon to avoid people leaving.
    Heh, I don't think that's true because nobody except the scrubs would stick around after you said that. VOA groups a'int exactly hard to find.

So, if 5 people bail, that's their prerogative. When I RL VoA pugs, I leave after Koralon, nothing else is worth hitting up. If you want to go for Archa/Ema that's good for you, if you can't 20 them, too bad.

Besides, people leaving after the first one or two bosses should be a good thing for you. Better chances at that mount you care about.

I like the recommendation that the tier of the drops be tied to how many bosses have been downed, and not which boss it actually is, but that'd take a lot more changing then can be hoped for.

Changing the badge rewards to 1 frost per boss would be a simple incentive to a full clear.

Still have a hard time wrapping my head around the design that encourages fighting harder bosses first and easier bosses last, but I guess its good for a raid that (presumably) is supposed to encourage pugging and playstyles to players that might not otherwise do so.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    i'm curious what everyone thinks about this, basically people kill 1 or 2 bosses in there now days and not any else, i feel that all the older bosses obviously arn't being killed really, and honestly i wouldn't mind doing Archavon and Emalon for my alts and not need like ICC gear to get into the instance.

basically do you think they should have got their own instances? or even 2 per instance? eg: Archavon + emalon and Koralon + Toravon
    It might work if they were in a sort of corridor and you have to kill one boss to open a gate to the next boss

Avarchon - Emalon - Korolan - Tovoran - Any new bosses.

That would stop people leaving in VOA after Korolan
    Insert Signiture here.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    So, if 5 people bail, that's their prerogative. When I RL VoA pugs, I leave after Koralon, nothing else is worth hitting up. If you want to go for Archa/Ema that's good for you, if you can't 20 them, too bad.

Besides, people leaving after the first one or two bosses should be a good thing for you. Better chances at that mount you care about.
    I have 15 manned Emalon and Avarchon before ICC came out.

The mount is usually ninjad anyway...
    Insert Signiture here.

No, additional instances cannot be launched is not good thing.