10+ Year Old Account

A question about Arthas Menethil

I have played through the entire of the human and scourge campain in WCIII: RoC, and I still don't understand one thing: Did Arthas actually die when he ran off after Malganis' "defeat", or did he just live on as a lost soul stuck in his own body until his death atop ICC?

This has bothered me for quite some time. Please shed some insight. Thanks.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Re: A question about Arthas Menethil

I thought he never actually died but rather turned undead. Could be wrong tho so correct me if you know how it really is. :-)

His physical body did not die at any point in warcraft three.

It can be argued that it died much later on when he ripped his own heart out though, or that it lived until he was killed in icecrown. He is labelled as an undead in icecrown but this could be for any number of reasons.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/commu...llery.html#294

right there is what happened to him
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    His physical body did not die at any point in warcraft three.

It can be argued that it died much later on when he ripped his own heart out though, or that it lived until he was killed in icecrown. He is labelled as an undead in icecrown but this could be for any number of reasons.
    This.

The quest in Icecrown tells you. Arthas was alive, and human, all the way up until he fought Illidan. During the fight he learned that he was still just a human, granted he had a powerful weapon, but he still felt (for Jaina) and felt human pain. After this, he ripped his heart out, and that is when he became undead.