third Glyph resto shaman

HI all

I currently use glyph of chain heal, earth shield and LHW.
    But the third glyph, glyph of LHW, seems like a wasted glyph. I dont use LHW that often. Al my healing comes from Chain heal and Riptide. ES is always up on the tank but when I need to give one of the tanks a heal its mostly Riptide followed with HW. If there is AoE damage then its Chain heal and Riptide.

So LHW is one of the least used spells I have. Should I still keep it because other glyph aren't that great either. Or do you guys think a other glyph is beter.
    Btw I have to say that I dont know wether Riptide glyph is any good for me.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: third Glyph resto shaman

I use the Earth Shield, Chain Heal, and Riptide glyphs in my primary rotation.

The riptide glyph is helpful because you can let it tick down longer and chain through it when its about to fall off. I swap that glyph out for certain fights if needed, but RT is generally a good glyph to pick.

I agree with lostincoma about Riptide glyph. CH, ES, and RT glyphs.
    Got Water Shield and Reincarnate and Astral Recall glyphs for minors. (7.5 min Hearth ftw).
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

The riptide glyph is not a bad glyph to go with. Tough I usually run with LHW glyph, I find myself swapping it in from time to time.

If you're mostly just raid-healing, the Healing Stream glyph is a pretty good option. The extra ticks off Riptide glyph help when someone needs bonus healing over time, but for raid damage spot healing I find they're often kinda wasted (when your riptide a rogue or something he often doesn't need the extra ticks to bring him back to full health). On fights with lots of AOE damage, a fully talented and glyphed Healing Stream Totem can do a lot of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrethel
    If you're mostly just raid-healing, the Healing Stream glyph is a pretty good option. The extra ticks off Riptide glyph help when someone needs bonus healing over time, but for raid damage spot healing I find they're often kinda wasted (when your riptide a rogue or something he often doesn't need the extra ticks to bring him back to full health). On fights with lots of AOE damage, a fully talented and glyphed Healing Stream Totem can do a lot of good.

My reasoning for the RT glyph isn't so much for the hot, but for the longer lasting RT for CH purposes. Chaining through someone with RT = 25% stronger CH. I like to keep a secondary RT rolling on a non-tank melee or a ranged for quick and easy chains during heavy AoE damage parts in fights.

Take Lich King for example: I keep RT rolling on both the Tank, MT, and a random raid member. The tank and MT take enough damage to make the RT hot viable to keep up. Whenever Infest hits, I chain through the random raid member. After infest is cleared, I RT another random raid member and let the RT tick down until the next infest.

Deleted

From the FAQ:

What glyphs should I use?

Major:
    Earth shield is by far the most important and best in return of HPS.

You then have three other major glyphs to choose two from.
    Lesser healing Wave: If you are ever on tank healing then you should have this glyph.
    Chain heal: Now you should be using chain heal more then you was in 3.1, you want this glyph if you are using chain heal alot.
    Riptide: If you are never tank healing and therefore do not need the lesser healing wave glyph then you can use this.

So instead, as others have said switch to Riptide. Also if its a high aoe damage fight (blood queen, for example) switch to healing stream totem instead of riptide.