Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: How will they begin to introduce Cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    No, the Scourge Invasion was the Naxxramas opening event. They polished it a bit in time for 3.0.2, added the Plague and called it the Zombie Infestation.
    And earned a canceled subscription from me for the even'ts duration and the month after. I rolled on a PvE server to avoid being forceflagged and so I wouldn't have to put up with ghost towns. Add to that that Shattrath (my primary method of transportation to and from my personal hotspots back in TBC) became uninhabitable due to ghouls attacking you and the guards killing YOU as soon as you fought back (what guards there were, anyway, most were overwhelmed by the hundreds of ghouls lagging Shatt to single-digit framerates), I opted instead to work on my Suikoden 2 save file maxing out all the joke characters only to learn One Certain Cook was ridiculously overtuned.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

For 4.0, all dungeons down to the last vanilla 5 man will drop EoFs, free 277 epics for all and Warriors will still be without another instant attack.
    Still proudly wearing his 4xT8.1. Keep your faceroll gear. Bitches.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    And earned a canceled subscription from me for the even'ts duration and the month after. I rolled on a PvE server to avoid being forceflagged and so I wouldn't have to put up with ghost towns. Add to that that Shattrath (my primary method of transportation to and from my personal hotspots back in TBC) became uninhabitable due to ghouls attacking you and the guards killing YOU as soon as you fought back (what guards there were, anyway, most were overwhelmed by the hundreds of ghouls lagging Shatt to single-digit framerates), I opted instead to work on my Suikoden 2 save file maxing out all the joke characters only to learn One Certain Cook was ridiculously overtuned.
    Hmmmm I just loved that event for some reason. Though it earned a person an ignore on every single one of my chars, when he called me a moron and sent me to "a fucking RP server to fuck some giraffes or whatever".

All I said was the event made sense lore-wise. :-\

Hmmmm I just loved that event for some reason. Though it earned a person an ignore on every single one of my chars, when he called me a moron and sent me to "a fucking RP server to fuck some giraffes or whatever".

All I said was the event made sense lore-wise. :-\
    See, around the end of TBC Sisters of Elune was opened up to transfers from PvP and Normal servers, for some reason I really can't comprehend. Then came the zombie event and the griefers (and general asses) among those transferees had a fel-loving field day with it, turning entire towns into ghost towns, corpse AND GY-camping lowbies, screaming at you for "being a fucking carebear" and "Ruining my fun" for spam-cleasing them (that's how I got my revenge--hopped on my pally and cleansed them until they logged off), and making Shattrath uninhabitable.

And some of them had the gall to say "They're RPing it." and ignored me when I asked why they didn't reroll a Forsaken as soon as they were infected, since at the time the cure wasn't found.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

As a player who has experienced Vanilla Naxx event with the Scourge Invasion's where the Temples hovered over area's around azeroth (Think Independence Day) then started to release the scourge invasion. Which was pretty fun considering the rare mob's that would spawn would offer loot that was pretty useless but fun. Experiencing the BC Gate zerg of demon's was fun and rewarding (Tabard) and then the Zombie Infestation with Wrath's re-release of Naxx.. I would imagine something like..

Random earth quakes around the world, felt in all zones (Nothing to dramatic that would interupt spell casts or anything). Quite possibly random Yell's from Deathwing seen across all zones. So that way they don't have to actually show him but you still know he is there (since cata hasn't release) even possibly he could be taunting all of azeroth about making his escape, about being free. I liked the idea earlier someone stated about the weakening of the greymane door and that the folks outside are dead or deserted..or..Worgen? I don't expect to see anything with Goblins since they are ship wrecked?(Could be wrong on this just remember the starting video) so we may not know of their existence till Cata comes. The reason you wont see global physical changes in the earth pre-cataclysm is the size of a patch. So if you ask me its going to be more what you dont see. Something that you know is coming.. With the earthshakes you could have elemental invasions randomly around azeroth instead of just the 4 places. I think with the introduction of Yells from Deathwing and the earthquakes you will also see major cities becoming more scarce or atleast paniced. Like how they did with the DK's first entrance into major citys with the taunts and spits you might have people shaking and crying and saying random things giving brief history of deathwing and why they are afraid who knows..

I think Deathwing will remain quiet till the actual 4.0 patch and the world changes.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by annomander999
    For 4.0, all dungeons down to the last vanilla 5 man will drop EoFs, free 277 epics for all and Warriors will still be without another instant attack.
    O.o warriors have one move that isn't instant...

Actually do think we'll get something akin to the undead slayer sets we had in the Zombie invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    Actually do think we'll get something akin to the undead slayer sets we had in the Zombie invasion.
    WTB another t2 recolor. No, I'm not joking. That set is *gorgeous* and it's a pain in the arse to run BWL or TBC heroics (both of which are pretty much dead on my server nowadays) for gear that miiiight drop.

Thanks Amuno!

Deleted

WTB another t2 recolor. No, I'm not joking. That set is *gorgeous* and it's a pain in the arse to run BWL or TBC heroics (both of which are pretty much dead on my server nowadays) for gear that miiiight drop.
    I got the purple set for my sister by boosting her through the heroics with my tank DK. It's not that hard really.

It's just that the original is so damn kick-ass...

Think they are doing the same thing as they did with the zombie invasion only this time, players get on fire and only way to get this of is dispell or some kind or water shower. If you dont jump in water or get under the shower somebody who is near you catches fire to.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

I predict recolored T9. Backstory will be that the Argent Crusade hands em out to those fighting off this new invasion and uses the spares now that Arthas is down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    I predict recolored T9. Backstory will be that the Argent Crusade hands em out to those fighting off this new invasion and uses the spares now that Arthas is down.
    I wouldn't mind seeing t3 recolors, myself, considering the ones in Naxx10/25 were... well, with few exceptions the brown/blue/tarnished gold color scheme didn't do the armor any favors. Plus, imagine how freakin' cool red and black Dreadnaught or pally t3 would look.

Thanks Amuno!

15+ Year Old Account

The title "Fall of the Lich King" suggests the end of an era. Can you give us any teasers for what next awaits the denizens of Azeroth?

Scott Mercer:: Players have been gearing up to fight the Lich King for a long time and it's definitely the end of an era, but it's by no means the end of World of Warcraft. We've already begun to hint at an in-game event surround the upcoming Cataclysm expansion that will be at least as big as the zombie invasion that kicked off the Wrath of the Lich King. Players already know that the Barrens are getting cut in half by a volcanic chasm, so we'll have to show you how that happens. The Cataclysm in-game event will probably hit in a patch before the actual expansion goes live. We're still figuring out the details, but whatever happens, it will be felt throughout the entire world, and it'll be just the beginning of the reign of Deathwing.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...-interview.xml
    ALTF4.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    People waking up in Booty Bay with a hang over and finding out they got hitched while drunk! Actually that would be pretty epic if it happened to Phenomina and Lokann our two resident lore fanatics. Sorry a bit off topic with that last one, I just like the image of them waking up seeing the rings and screaming. Goblin annulment maybe?
    How the hell didn't I notice this post before? ???

Meh, what's done is done, done and gone...

Just imagine the epic awesomeness of the child!

1 powerful dragon from each of the aspects will go insane. We will have to battle them in the newly opened portals under wyrmrest temple. Then elemental attacks on all the cities and villages of the world, then the Cataclysmic tidal waves and volcanic eruptions will begin.

How the hell didn't I notice this post before? ???

Meh, what's done is done, done and gone...

Just imagine the epic awesomeness of the child!
    That post reminds me of a Bludemon drawing.

http://www.supermegatopia.com/booty/...k=brewfest.jpg

By the by, most of his stuff is NSFW, I only linked that because it's relevant and I'm too lazy to put it in a Photobucket link.

Thanks Amuno!

Deleted

That post reminds me of a Bludemon drawing.

http://www.supermegatopia.com/booty/...k=brewfest.jpg

By the by, most of his stuff is NSFW, I only linked that because it's relevant and I'm too lazy to put it in a Photobucket link.
    Oh I know those, some of the best WoW related comics ever. ;D

Oh I know those, some of the best WoW related comics ever. ;D
    I'll admit. Reading some of those makes me wish the tauren females looked less hunchbacked and female night elves came with a short horn on the top of their head.

Thanks Amuno!

I have to admit, I can't imagine the actual Cataclysm (you know, the part where good old Neltharion bursts through the earth and whatnot) happening before the expansion is released. I just imagine everything else happening (drafting a backstory for Horde expeditions meeting unknown Goblins on islands, for Night Elves researching the Worgen, for... errh... all the other stuff).