Tricks of the Trade macro.

I looked on the wowwiki rogue macros page and didn't quite find what I was looking for so thought I'd ask for help here. I'm looking for a macro to tricks my current target if its friendly, and tricks my focus if its not. Is there a way to do this? I basically want it so I can focus a dps to tricks during the fight, but still be able to tricks my tank at the beginning. It would be nice if it could be done without holding another button as a modifier. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tricks of the Trade macro.

I do believe there was a similar request a little bit ago. I'll give it a shot.

I AM NOT A MACRO GOD. If Lawomous or Perera posts, their answers will likely be much better than mine.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@target, noharm] Tricks of the Trade; [@focus] Tricks of the Trade
    If your target is friendly, it casts TotT on them. If your target is not friendly, it casts TotT on your Focus. Or it should. Completely untested.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    I do believe there was a similar request a little bit ago. I'll give it a shot.

I AM NOT A MACRO GOD. If Lawomous or Perera posts, their answers will likely be much better than mine.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@target, noharm] Tricks of the Trade; [@focus] Tricks of the Trade
    If your target is friendly, it casts TotT on them. If your target is not friendly, it casts TotT on your Focus. Or it should. Completely untested.
    Tested that and it doesn't work.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

15+ Year Old Account

Try:

#showtooltip
    /cast [help,nodead] Tricks of the Trade; [@focus,help,nodead,exists] Tricks of the Trade; [] Tricks of the Trade;

should work.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Or bit simplier:

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [help] Tricks of the Trade; [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

Works with Earth Shield on my shaman, and Misdirection on my hunter.
    (ofc target/focus needs to be alive)

Or wait.

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [help, nodead] Tricks of the Trade; [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

You don't need to bother with target being alive then. (but can't test it right now, at work)

Or wait wait wait...

#Showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
    /cast [@focus] Tricks of the trade

Basicly just casts tott at your focus.

Aether and Demon, thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them next time I raid and let you know how it works. Mildan, thats what I'm already using and it doesn't allow me to tricks the tank at the start and have the dps I'd like to tricks focused. Thanks for trying though :-P.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

I use this..

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @mouseover] [@focus] [ ] Tricks of the Trade

Casts on my focus OR on another target I mouse over, therefore I never have to stop attacking to tricks.