Dragon Age Origins - Warriors

I don't know how to play mah warrior. i just deleted it and made a rogue. i was a 2 hand wep warrior, but i could use about 2 different attacks, then be totally out of stamina. so i was left with the hot witch bitch doing everything, with my dog stunning everything, and Allistar tanking. the mushrooms dont really do anything either. what should i do to not suck ??? my rogue seems much better with managing his stamina.

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Warriors

Roll a mage. ;D

mages are way too easy to play :X

Well...early game your best bet is to stick to light armor.

Endgame get gear that has +Stamina (or if you can't get that, +Willpower) and +Stam regen. Again, try to avoid having a high fatigue %. Wade's Superior Dragonskin armor (for one) ends up giving you *negative* fatigue so your abilities cost *less* stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Duftehwarrior
    I don't know how to play mah warrior. i just deleted it and made a rogue. i was a 2 hand wep warrior, but i could use about 2 different attacks, then be totally out of stamina. so i was left with the hot witch bitch doing everything, with my dog stunning everything, and Allistar tanking. the mushrooms dont really do anything either. what should i do to not suck ??? my rogue seems much better with managing his stamina.
    My warrior (duel wield) ran out of stam fast two, i got two shots in, then just attack till you get more. it sucks but i still rock everything i come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

Two-handed warriors use light or medium armor. Don't use too many abilities that drain stamina from your pool. Learn to focus fire and make your skills count.

I played as a "tank" warrior, I was often low on stamina but that wasn't really a problem since things just hit on me anyway and that was the whole jest of it. I think I had 3 activated abilities, Threaten, Shieldwall or what it was called and Rally I think it was.

Leliana was constantly out of stamina though, but she had 2 activated abilities on constantly.

What i would do is just max out your strength for your ablilties. After that start putting most points in willpower as you level, And on the side put in for your constitution. Mostly just time and string your special abililties together.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

What they said mostly,
    rolled a dual wield warrior from the start.
    stick to strength / willpower for point investment , didnt bother with constitution on main char.

Allistair will have threat on most pretty fast anyway.

You used Leliana much ? I pretty much always went with main/ allistair/ morrigan / wynn
    only annoying thing for that is no rogue for boxes.

other then that it's a very high dps group, freeze the lot , shatter combo as many as possible, main to finish off rest.

I finished the game on first run through as Dual Wield warrior. Yes, you do run out of stamina fast early in the game, but you can just turn on your static abilities then and still do high damage.

My party generally was:
    Myself (City Elf Warrior) - Full dual wield talents and then went into some of the special talents.
    Alistair (Tank Warrior) - Just full defense / tanking talents
    Leliana (Ranged Bard Rogue) - Lelaina generally just have some party boosting abilities on, i also used her aoe melee range stun now and then on big packs, which caused her to stun everything for quite a while
    Wynne (Mage healer / crowd control) - I went for base healing talents on her and then some crowd control abilities like petrify and freezes and such.

You can easily run with multiple mages if you want to make things easier, but you can also get limitless supplies of mana / health potions once you unlock certain cities and just get herbalism on one of the characters. Since you can buy unlimited amounts of the base mats for the potions you could just keep on making health potions to survive instead of always depending on healer.

yup i was full heavy armor when i played him, so i'll try again in light/medium. also will keep using mainly str and willpower in mind. thanx all

just take care of the willpower and make sure you take that talent that restores stamina every time you kill stuff ( cant remember the name atm ) ...
    Although i have Allistar in my party as a tank he literaly never runs out of stamina. and he is full on heavy armor. Same with that dwarf, ever since i got that talent everything is good.
    BUT:
    ( Pro tip incoming )

Roll a rogue. i enjoyed every minute of it while i played one.

10+ Year Old Account

Use light armour.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU