Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Hard modes should actually be hard

Limited attempts ICC =/= BT where u could keep on trying
    If they could keep on going without limited attempts LK would be down by now, wel atleast i think he would.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zlendorn
    I took the liberty of looking around and this guy has only posted in the hunter class forums so i would say its safe to assume hes a huntard and the only huntard with that name is this one

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Darkelementz

ENJOY! lol its a riot
    AMGZ, SO MANY NORMAL ACHIEVEMENTS. EYES HURTING!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by un_known
    you never know weirder things have happened ^^
    no man i really doubt it, its going to be just like yogg 0, crazy mechanics and almost mathematically impossible.

they nearly doubled his hp plus there is more to the fight. no one that has downed him on 25 or has even come close to the dps requirements needed to down him on 25 heroic. im going to give it a couple of more weeks
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

A fight can either be difficult through mechanics or increased numbers. Blizzard seems to try a little bit of both. If they just designed a completely different encounter, they would release it as another encounter. The whole point of hardmodes is to get two fights out of one idea.

Even if the general mechanics of a fight is not very different, the tactics used must be altered heavily in order to compensate in almost all hardmodes.

And also, look up the definition of the word hard.

Take northrend beasts. The only real change is that you no longer recieve a speedboost to outrun Icehowl, making it HARDER, but not impossible. And for the average player without an addon, this may or may not constitute as hard, depending on reaction time.

Note that this was the simplest example i could've given, and done so intentionally.
    Now look at fights that are really considered hard, like anub'arak 25hc (where the real hard part is position of adds and keeping healing low but not too low)

And you saying what you said about firefighter, shows that you have not really played those encounters with their intended tier-gear.

I've done Yogg + 0 and the "easy" HMs, OP watching Tankspot does not mean you've done HMs, second HM-LK hasn't even been beaten yet what do you mean their not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz
    damnit i did, disregard this lol

also in regards to yogg+0, this encounter is exactly the same as normal yogg except you cant kill the adds at the end and cant replenish your sanity. The fight didn't change at all
    Have a cookie for making my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Zlendorn
    I took the liberty of looking around and this guy has only posted in the hunter class forums so i would say its safe to assume hes a huntard and the only huntard with that name is this one

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Darkelementz

ENJOY! lol its a riot
    Oh c'mon.. he doesn't even have 10 man Ulduar Hardmodes... Fail to the highest degree.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

10+ Year Old Account

lol the farthest this guy has gotten on ICC10 is rotface and festergut and he hasnt downed a single boss in ICC 25 can this thread just be locked plz
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I like how you bash the hardmodes then your best idea is mimiron flying around In a jetpack. Get a clue

if i had a dollar for every thread like this, i'd be a millionaire.
    if i had a dollar for every person complaining about hard modes, i'd be a billionaire

Although it sounds nice to make every hard mode encounter completely different from a normal fight, I think it will cost too much time to do this while only a few people actually do hardmodes

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    no man i really doubt it, its going to be just like yogg 0, crazy mechanics and almost mathematically impossible.

they nearly doubled his hp plus there is more to the fight. no one that has downed him on 25 or has even come close to the dps requirements needed to down him on 25 heroic. im going to give it a couple of more weeks
    well unless you're in the guilds that are currently on LK 25 heroic how could you know? so far i haven't seen hide nor hair of anything that says that they're close or worlds away on DPS requirements, an extra 41 million health is not nearly double (21 million extra on top of that 41 million to get literally double his health) if there's any reports or such that paragon/any other guilds that have gotten to him and have used all attempts and that % they've gotten to then please show that information :P

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Unless you have cleared these hardmodes please stfu if not feel free to complain mr. yogg 0 light, tribute to insanity, oh and heroic lich king kill. Oh wait!

SOLUTION: BLIZZARD SHOULD MAKE CONTENT UNBEATABLE OR AT LEAST LET HARDCORE GUILDS GET THE LAST BOSS IN A RAID DOWN TO 50%, THEN WAIT 2 WEEKS, AND NERF IT SO THEY CAN GET TO 25%, AND WAIT 2 MOAR TO LET THE GUILDS FINALLY DOWN THE FINAL BOSS.

BECAUSE, WHEN A GUILD THAT GETS TO THE LAST BOSS IN A HARDCORE MODE.. NO ONE HEARS THE QQ IF THEY FAIL.

sorry, my keyboard just crit.

+ LET THE BOSSES PRIOR BE RALLY EZ. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyplay
    I have an idea for a new ability that Warlock could get in Cataclysm.

Upgrade/change Banish
    As you cast Banish on your enemy, the enemy will be bansihed to Twisting Nether where he/she would burn for eternity (just for few seconds).

Bad troll creates thread with provocative topic, bad troll makes a couple stupid claims and responses after a couple people have taken the bait, bad troll disppears. Bad troll is...tricksy? :-\

Hard for whom?

If it's hard for the best-of-the-best, it may be impossible for the vast majority of guilds.
    If it's hard for a middle-of-the-pack (but solidly competent) guild, it will probably be too easy for the best guilds.

If it adjusts to get easier, do people get to choose? If so, why not just offer a slider from 0-100% difficulty and let people pick?
    At that point, why not just let people make their own difficulty modes? "Let's do this without blessings or totems!"?

Because it's silly, and nobody likes that. People want discrete steps of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkelementz
    damnit i did, disregard this lol
    OK then.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by un_known
    well unless you're in the guilds that are currently on LK 25 heroic how could you know? so far i haven't seen hide nor hair of anything that says that they're close or worlds away on DPS requirements, an extra 41 million health is not nearly double (21 million extra on top of that 41 million to get literally double his health) if there's any reports or such that paragon/any other guilds that have gotten to him and have used all attempts and that % they've gotten to then please show that information :P
    paragon (the guild who pretty much perfected the fight with their alts due to beating it with 20 attempts left on their mains) killed the lich king with about 2 minutes and 15 seconds to spare on enrage. now even with the mechanics of normal mode do you think they could have burned another 40 million health in that time period?? absolutely not. im sure there will be some interesting things added to the encounter in hard mode (that russians guilds screen shots with the purple void zones is an example). so im pretty sure in order for the lich king to even be deemed downable the guild is going to have to have the perfect raid comp and everyone pretty much has to be in 277 gear

Edit: spell checking

Back in the cave qqing troll!

edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...e-hard-163043/

Double topic, looking for attenting much?