blood dk / ret pala - arena 2v2

Hi guys,
    soon I'll start a 2v2 team with my ret pala m8 and I was wondering the best spec for my UNDEAD dk.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMqf0IcbofostZfMhMxc

This is the spec I think I'm going to play with sword extra swing.

What do you think about? Any suggestions, changes and ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Re: blood dk / ret pala - arena 2v2

Eh, I'd say go Protret. Ret is slowly fading away from arenas as it just doesn't have the reliable burst/control of Prot. I'd suggest getting a PvP tank spec, putting on your Ret gear, a shield, and a high top-end 1-hander. You could probably pull off the HoJ > Shield throw> Ghoul stun > Strangulate combo on the healers. Me and a bud play Spriest/Protret and we essentially do the same thing, cept I stun them > Silence them in place of Ghoul stun/Strangulate, should be able to get the same affect. Healers typically drop in seconds, not to mention the fact that you can DG them to you and keep them slowed forever.

Just looked at your spec, Blood isn't the most viable. Rather I should say I've not seen any Blood DK's in the 1900-2100 bracket. You're gonna want that perma ghoul and it's stun, you're going to want Desecration and you're going to want your DoTs to tick hard. At the same time, Gargoyle is a good chunk of dps that either forces the other team to CC it or let it burn them. Improved AMS and AMZ also save lives, going in without them is crazy. Rework your spec into Unholy.

Unholy Protret could actually be quite deadly as no healer could escape from you. You would certainly have enough CD's to CC healers long enough to burn them and have enough utility to switch targets incase of healer CD's such as pally bubble. Nothing like bursting the Pally, having him bubble and run, then DG'ing his dps into your Desecration behind a piller and destroying him.

Re: blood dk / ret pala - arena 2v2

If you want to play 2v2, its better to go unholy/holy or unholy/ret. You will be in CC for alot of time, and your ret mate along with your gargoyle / ghoul can solo things sometimes. Never played with protret tho, but I think in unholy/protret setup you will lack burst to kill things fast.