Thread: Worst enemy?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Worst enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyste
    As frost mage = Unholy DK, probably the most annoying class to play against as mage with all the interrupts, harassment and ranged damage. (Despite all the complaining from said class, I'm talking about decent pvpers.) Enhancement shamans: purge, windfury, freeze, immune to slow, wolves, wind shear etc.

As arms warrior = Unholy DK, most frustrating endless slow ever and immune to charge when IBF is up. Worse than mages.
    Retri/protadins: Pissing me off with how easy they can faceroll 1v1 against a warrior (I play retri too myself and it's ridiculous)

As Rogue = Nothing really, can take on most classes. Have a hard time soloing healers though.

:I

I do have over 5000 rated arena games played though.. so general opinion shouldn't follow me ;p
    Rogue can take on most classes? Really?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

As a Prot Paladin...probably Frost Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    My worst enemy is Kanye West. No matter my class, he is my worst enemy.
    *insert "Im'a let you finish" joke*
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    I hate how Warlocks that say we're UP in PvP get bashed on yet they were barely even mentioned here as a worst enemy. The only spec that was mentioned was Affliction which is a boring, cowardly, joke of a spec and even then it was almost nonexistent.

This is why I wish Destruction had some sort of interrupt/silence/stun/CC reduction ability or more survivability.

We're completely a joke in arena now which forces us to go Affliction. I want to be a threat to people again (though not to the level of those OP 22hrs when Conflagrate = 100% Immolate damage because that was no fun either) and not be the CC target.

Destruction Warlock: Affliction Warlock/Shadow Priest
    Affliction Warlock: Rogue/Warrior
    I agree that Destruction isn't really what it has been, but it's still pretty nice in 3's and 5's, although it's worth shit in 2's mostly. Affliction, on the other hand, is insanely OP so that kinda makes up for it. 2 OP specs would just be to much.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Rogue can take on most classes? Really?
    In 1v1, yes. Most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chanky
    As an arms warrior.. A good Frost mages... Charge nova blink intercept pet nova bladestorm ice block repeat steps 1 and 2
    You don't even have to be a good frost mage to beat a warrior, just blink away from charges and intercept and freeze them in tight spots, and they're slow while attacking, if you break our shield, you get a frost nova, if we're frustated, invisibility and Evocation-heal

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian

In 1v1, yes. Most of them.
    I disagree
    Cannot beat healers
    Cannot beat rets
    Cannot beat prot paladins (prot or ret gear)
    Cannot beat prot warriors (prot or dps gear)
    Cannot beat dks
    Cannot beat mages
    Cannot beat destruction locks
    Even matchups: Feral, Shadow, Affliction, Hunter
    Wins: Arms warrior.

ya, great 1v1 class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    I disagree
    Cannot beat healers
    Cannot beat rets
    Cannot beat prot paladins (prot or ret gear)
    Cannot beat prot warriors (prot or dps gear)
    Cannot beat dks
    Cannot beat mages
    Cannot beat destruction locks
    Even matchups: Feral, Shadow, Affliction, Hunter
    Wins: Arms warrior.

ya, great 1v1 class.
    No one beats healers atm, if one class comes close it's a Rogue, followed by Warriors and Hunters, purely because of MS. Rogue vs. Ret is pretty much even, so is a Warrior. Good Rogues know how to beat Plateclasses nowadays, Warriors are nowhere near the anti-Rogue class they've been in TBC. I agree on the prot part though, you wouldn't be able to beat a good one.

I wouldn't know about DK's to be honest, not really a fight I ever closely watched. I don't watch the 2 most boring classes in WoW fight each other, but that's just offtopic.

Cannot beat Mages? Frost? Mmmkay, I agree there. Arcane should be a win hands down though. Also, I absolutely do not get why you put Destro Locks in there aswell. Rogues are actually Destruction Locks anticlass. If you let them slip, they can 3 shot you but if you know how/when to stun, it should be easy as pie. Same goes for Affliction Locks. A good Rogue should ALWAYS beat an Affliction Lock in 1v1, no matter what.

Fully agree with you on the Feral Druid/Hunter part.

So basicly, what you're doing (and what you're always doing) is making your class look worse then it is. Just...don't. Rogues are still a great class in 1v1. Certainly not the best one, but they certainly don't have these much anticlasses in 1v1.

I'm talking about 1v1. A good destruction warlock should never, ever lose to a rogue (with succu, any other pet is doable). In arenas the situation is VERY different.

As I said: I don't think I have ever lost a series to an arms warrior. But ret... It's as good as impossible to do, if the ret is good.
    Against healers: The only healer a rogue even has the tiniest of chances against is resto shaman, and even there only with perfect totem control.
    Arcane: Ok, I was thinking of frost. Arcane... I haven't seen in quite a while.
    Affliction is around 50% winchance. It really depends on things like portal placement etc. but with a bit of luck and affliction lock CAN outlast a rogue.

And no, I'm not making my class look worse than it is. I play with some of the best german players (Finest, fameLY and piRATS) and 90% of them will agree with me.

15+ Year Old Account

My bad about the Warriors, I read it wrong.

Anyway, as I said, it's kinda pointless trying to beat any decent healer as any class in 1v1 at the moment. Although, Rogues/Warriors/Hunters will still have a greater chance to kill one then any other class, because of the MS. So, as bad as all classes are in 1v1 against Healers, Rogues will still be one of the classes having the easiest time against one. (Resto Druids excluded perhaps, thorns is just lol)

About Affliction? No, just no. You're it's anti-class. In 1v1 you should always beat an Affliction Lock. "A bit of luck" just isn't what makes the difference between being an anti-class or not. With a bit of luck, I can kill level 80 Rogues on my level 75 Shaman. With a bit of luck, I'm getting an A for my exam. You got to come up with better reasons then Locks are able to kill you with "a bit of luck".

On my pally (prot or ret) I have trouble with frost mages mostly. Of course healer and sometimes shadow priests.

On my rogue I have problems with good plate wearers (not usually DKs tho) and of course, Frost Mages.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Mage in a duel:
    1. Polymorph oops lol interrupted dw nova poly
    2. Steal all buffs
    3. Get stunned lol guiz dw nova blink
    4. Catch you in a deep freeze
    5. blow every single cooldown
    6. Run behind a pole and evocate to full health and mana
    7. Blow every single cooldown again
    8. Win/Lose
    If win: Call the other guy a skilless noob then get on the forums and complain about mage survivability
    If lose: Call the other guy a skilless noob then get on the forums and complain about mage survivability
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

I like to have to fight a class that the only chance of winning depends on my PvP Trinket being off Cooldown.

i noticed no boomkins in here...lol