Thread: Engineering fun

Engineering fun

After so many years engineering have proven to be the best, most fun profession in the game. From mindcontrolling that elite in hillsbrad in vanilla, shooting rocket launchers at people or simply running away from someone with 300% speed and throwing grenades, can make you fell off your chair laughing.

However, I was wondering what else could engineering be used for in order to have fun ? Many of you might remember that rogue movie where he used Explosive sheeps in low-level zones and gnomes just blew up by hitting it - this got me thinking.

How about adding a new "trap" to engineering - an "one-shot" TNT that can be attached to herbs, dead animals and ore on the ground? Imagine - you see a frost lotus in wintergrasp and you plant it and hide somewhere - someone comes by to loot it - KABOOM - then you go again and plant it and wait for the next victim. Or you go by a titanium vein and "wire it up" (:

You could also add an pushback effect that will shoot you in the air just for the lolz . What do you, fellow engineers and MMOs think about this idea and what could be some pros/cons of it

Re: Engineering fun

I work with what I got.

A fellow engineer friend and I invented a game called Nagrand Super Ultra Golf.
    Rocket boots + Parachute cloak + islands in Nagrand + trying not to die
    We added more fun by making specific costumes and doing it wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by lostincoma
    I work with what I got.

A fellow engineer friend and I invented a game called Nagrand Super Ultra Golf.
    Rocket boots + Parachute cloak + islands in Nagrand + trying not to die
    We added more fun by making specific costumes and doing it wasted.
    After never wanting to actually level engineering, and now starting to on an alt rogue I'm leveling up, this gives me more incentive to go work on it.

Oh my god, best idea ever.

We should get that belt thingy super spies have.. you know that where you shoot your belt buckle in the air and the rope will just drag you up?

Would be funny..

Should work in arena ofc

And you can attach it to that hunter and rope after him when he disengages. Or attach it to the ground when that DK grips you.. would be nice

I really want a Rocket Pack Shirt like the ICC Airship Battle. It pretty much says "I'm a Engineer". Also, give it a 1 min cooldown or something where you can fly around. Disabled in Arena. As for exploiting with it, when Cata comes out, everything you can use it to exploit to, can be flown to.

i really love engineering, it can boost my dmg and give me lot kills (BG).
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

I love Engineering
    I have some alts with it, different servers, and it's always fun.
    One of them it was a lvl 29 hunter twink (haters, stfu). One day in WSG a Rogue was killing me badly and God bless the Sheep. I lol'd so hard that day and the Rogue must have said "WTF just happened?" Yeah, I killed him with something like 1% hp left
    Navarasa Forsaken Priest lvl 85 @ Spinebreaker [EU] - inactive

im desperate and most likely stupid as well, checked wowhead, wowiki, thottbot and cant figure out where u get the runic mana potion injector kit thingy at.. anyone can help me as to where i may acquire the recipe?

and the idea of rigging ores and flowers sounds fun like hell, bit unfair to 1-shot, but maybe if it wudnt 1 shot but rather turn them into a critter for 3 secs or smthng, just for the laugh ^^

Engineering is the most enjoyable profession by far. And it actually has some VERY good DPS (and even healing, for the haste!) applications. Sure you can't really make much money solely off engineering, but that's far outweighed by, say, the look on everybody's face when your rocket boots malfunction, sending you rocketing over the WG wall to start sabotaging the cannons from within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw
    im desperate and most likely stupid as well, checked wowhead, wowiki, thottbot and cant figure out where u get the runic mana potion injector kit thingy at.. anyone can help me as to where i may acquire the recipe?
    The injector kit is now, unfortunately, redundant, as potions now stack to 20 on their own.

yeah i know they stack on their own but i believe i still get 20% more mana as an engineer which is why i wud love to get some of them

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Engineering is the most enjoyable profession by far. And it actually has some VERY good DPS (and even healing, for the haste!) applications. Sure you can't really make much money solely off engineering, but that's far outweighed by, say, the look on everybody's face when your rocket boots malfunction, sending you rocketing over the WG wall to start sabotaging the cannons from within.The injector kit is now, unfortunately, redundant, as potions now stack to 20 on their own.
    I cried that day... T_T
    Was an awesome gizmo, the few things you could make some cash with it... sigh!

god damnit hehe XD, cant someone tell me where to get them? the recipies... trainer in dala got nothing for me..

i think the trainer in boreon taught me, not sure though as its been a whiel since i lvled engineering
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

a little research is always helpfull, lazy ass... :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37567#taught-by-npc both for mana and healing injector.

Quote Originally Posted by proto
    a little research is always helpfull, lazy ass... :
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37567#taught-by-npc both for mana and healing injector.
    What it doesnt tell you is Injectors gives a extra 25%.

25%, actually

Didn't know that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    The injector kit is now, unfortunately, redundant, as potions now stack to 20 on their own.
    Absolutely not! When you're an engineer and you take a drink from the mana injector kit you'll get 25% more mana from it than from a normal mana potion.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

there, 25% bonus to Engineers. I didnt knew that as well as I used them on my Priest (alchemy/herbalism)...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mana_Injector_Kit