Thread: Marrowgar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Marrowgar

I made an account just to reply in this thread. So grats u.

As a raider who tanks 10 mans as a DK and raids as an affliction lock I had to post to say that this is 100% absolutely on the tanks. And I say that as someone who has both died from the aggro reset on Marrowgar as the lock and *let* someone die as the tank.

Are the tanks running away from Marrowgar during bonestorm?
    Are they getting pinned in by fires?

Because honestly they shouldn't be doing either. Bonestorm is pitiful damage especially against the tanks. I always make sure I've got IT and PS refreshed on Marrowgar during Bonestorm and try to always stay within melee range. And the fires? You can just run through them, only standing in them will cause you to take damage.

And to the guy that said DKs don't have the tools to pick up Marrowgar quickly, I really couldn't disagree more. I think we've probably got the best tools of any tank.

But it's just downright silly to tell a lock that he can't dps during a phase of a boss fight because the tank can't watch DBM and be ready to taunt. Or, he's not a 'team player', like someone said. I mean, whether he dps'es or not, if the tank isn't in position because of incompetence someone's gonna get aggro just from proximity whether they're dps'ing or not.

Still, in the future you shouldn't even be near Marrowgar when he comes out. If he's got like 6 seconds or left on bonestorm and he's not near to you, I try to move towards him since he'll likely do one final big move that will get him away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    False
    As a tank I run through them no problem. A disc Priest bubble seems to absorb the damage. Never had an issue
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    As a tank I run through them no problem. A disc Priest bubble seems to absorb the damage. Never had an issue
    I'm saying false to the comment that you take no damage if you're moving through them..

Pretty sure marrowgar only resets aggro after bladestorm.

Also you can time your dots so when aggro is reset they are finished up. If you have good Boss timers that tell you when the adds are burrowing or when the bladestorm is coming

15+ Year Old Account

It's a pulse aura, just like every other fire in the game. If you get lucky with timing, you don't take damage. However, you do take damage if you are unlucky/average.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    False
    If it's false, then I'm ridiculously lucky because I've done it dozens of times.

You will see the 'Coldflame' debuff pop up, but it will fade before you take any damage.

Regardless, it's better for a tank to eat ticks of the fire than for him to be out of position to pick up the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzengoo
    This is actually about Marrowgar in ICC and the two worms... Dreadscale and Acidmaul or whatever their names are in ToC10/25.

I'm an affliction lock and I'm kinda tired of tanks yelling at me to watch my aggro when the bosses reset... With Marrowgar, threat is reset after the spikes, when I still have a number of DoT's on him, while Dreadscale goes underground for a few seconds, leaving my dots the only thing hurting him. In both examples, I out-aggro the tanks, since the tanks can't do anything. Then I get nuked by the boss and have to deal with a tank saying, "lt me git aggro b4 u attack!!11!!!1"

Any ideas to avoid this... other than not going?
    change your spec maybe??? i remember having a t6 geared lock coming to my guild in TBC, we were running SSC and TK, we didnt have him in until he changed spec
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Bonepuller
    If it's false, then I'm ridiculously lucky because I've done it dozens of times.

You will see the 'Coldflame' debuff pop up, but it will fade before you take any damage.

Regardless, it's better for a tank to eat ticks of the fire than for him to be out of position to pick up the boss.

Guessing you either have a bad memory or never raided before wotlk. I have an idea for something you could do when you're bored one day.

Find a raid forming in trade, or form one yourself, for Serpentshrine Cavern. Once you're there, be sure to clear all the trash on the platforms necessary to boil the water and kill the fish in it. Jump in the water, and note the debuff you get for being in it and the damage it deals to you. Start jumping quickly in and out of the water, causing the debuff to constantly appear and disappear on your screen. Note that as you do this, no damage will pop up on your screen, but your health will continue to drop.

Once you have done this, drink bleach.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

If everyone is supposed to be away from marrowgar as bonestorm ends...why are the tanks immediately taunting? Shouldn't they be using their gcd's and THEN taunting once people begin opening up?

I've never had an issue with aggro on Marrowgar...I'm usually on the other side of the room refreshing dots and making sure SE doesn't fall off and then I portal back to position. Also, if you switch to spikes (or in my case, just seed the boss when spikes come out) your aggro diminishes anyway.

Not your fault... Its an aggro wipe and at the cost of YOUR DPS you can let your dots fade but the tank SHOULD pick him up easily off of the aggro from your DOTS... 100% tanks fault on both but if you don't want to die you have to curb your skills to your shabby tank... sry..

15+ Year Old Account

Locking this thread because I have deleted at least 3 pages of complete bullshit, and could delete more if they also didn't have a nugget of truth in them.

R.I.P. YARG