Poll: Will blizz give us a free way to fly in azzeroth

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Patch 4.0?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Patch 4.0?

Yeah, im pretty sure they're gonn- I LIKE CHICKEN!

Okay, Blizz haven't released any info regarding cost for flying in the rest of Azeroth. Also the question you ask in the poll has two questions in it. Which question am I saying yes and no to?

Quote Originally Posted by amul
    How are you in a place where you can fall to your death in the middle of the Barrens before Cata drops?

Say like you are in the middle of the barrens before cata patch then log off next day its dropped and then u log back in then you fall

I like chicken.

Oxhorn Ftw ;D

--i dont think theres gona be free flying in azeroth by any means, but i do feel safe in the belief that if anyones going to be getting a break on the cost, itlll be druids with bird form--yes they allow it in outland at 60 for 3gold, and they had to pay for cold weather flying (i think) but dont think theyll come up with a reason why not--plus how natural is it for a druid to walk out of stormwind, bird up and fly? epicsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

dunno if it's been posted yet but..
    Hot Weather Flying, 2000g.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by bac
    Say like you are in the middle of the barrens before cata patch then log off next day its dropped and then u log back in then you fall
    They'll just place everyone with an invalid position in a safe area. In fact, they might just shove everyone who logged out in the old world to safe areas just to be sure. (Think starting areas, graveyards etc.)

phasing my friend phasing
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I'm pretty sure Acherus is like instanced/phased so non Death Knights see nothing.
    I tried going there on a normal character and nothing at all was spawned, no NPC's or anything.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    I'm pretty sure Acherus is like instanced/phased so non Death Knights see nothing.
    I tried going there on a normal character and nothing at all was spawned, no NPC's or anything.
    The area you do your quest chain in gets phased so by the time you finish it, you're in the 'live' version thats completely empty for all classes. Death knights simply get a flight path and a teleport to the ebon hold.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

they have already stated that the phasing taken place for cata will be there regardless of what expansion you are on. the entire continent will be transformed for all player including those with only tbc and classic.

My guess is that they will port everyone to either their hearth location, faction capital, or the nearest inn to where you were.

[quote=bac ]
    We know that 4.0 will come just before realse but ive got a couple of questions?

I'm almost positive blizzard posted that it would be patch 3.4, not patch 4.0.
    If your raid is bad, bind your Hyperspeed Accelerator to hearthstone!

Pretty sure that they'll have minor content patches - including a possible raid or at least a dungeon - prior to 4.0 hitting. Chances are this will center around BWL/BRD, Tanaris and possibly even Silithis. Just rumblings all over.

Flight will probably be made available at a much earlier level - given just how sundered everything will be. I also think that they've chosen a different gold-sink than flight, as is 5k for fast flight is still quite the chore for most people not playing the AH. I think they've found better gold sinks in trinkets, professions, BoEs and the like that take the edge off inflation.

So I'm confident we'll be flying right when 4.0 hits, since they've said that the changes will happen world-wide we should be zipping around, seeing everything sundered and only unable to get into the new zones/dungeons.

I was hoping maybe and army of the dead like thing for locks? They open a port that looks like a lock summoning stone and 3 demons come out. It would be like a mirror image sorta thing too. you could glyph just like a mage to get an extra demon, etc.

It would be in the demonolgy tree. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    The area you do your quest chain in gets phased so by the time you finish it, you're in the 'live' version thats completely empty for all classes. Death knights simply get a flight path and a teleport to the ebon hold.
    With the new terrain phasing in cataclysm, they might very well put the entire necropolis in a different phase only DKs are flagged for.

The real question is wether Blizzard wants non-DKs to be able to access Acherus.

We know that 4.0 will come just before realse but ive got a couple of questions?
    Obviously you have a couple of questions so why ask if you do?

1.When the patch comes will we be able to get the new flying thing like cold weather flying as we know thats coming something like another 1000g?(aready stocking up?)
    Blizzard will probably find a way to remove gold from the economy for those players that want to fly in Azeroth. I can't see the ability to fly in Azeroth be available until level 85 anyway seeing as they would probably want us to experience the new content "the normal way". I can't blame them and neither should anyone else.

2. When it comes what will happen to the people who are in the middle of the barrens? will they fall to their deaths when they log in ?
    Yeah, and their account will be erased.

3. Since flying is now availible in azeroth what will happen to the death knight area ppl could come in and buy their mount !
    The death knight area is still instanced which means you can't fly there.

4. last but not least what talents do u think cata will bring as i will get my rogue to 80 by then!
    Blue has already stated there won't be new talents in the trees, but instead we'll have the path of the titan and more points to spend instead.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    The death knight area is still instanced which means you can't fly there.
    Wrong! Only the starting quest chain is but after that it's not. However, that chicken mount is tagged as "Class: Death Knight" so no one else can get it even if they could fly up there.

Blue has already stated there won't be new talents in the trees, but instead we'll have the path of the titan and more points to spend instead.
    Wrong again! Most likely there will be new talents but no new tiers of talents, meaning we won't get 56pt / 61pt talents.

2. When it comes what will happen to the people who are in the middle of the barrens? will they fall to their deaths when they log in ?
    knowing this game, you'll probably be bugged and standing in midair until you move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    Wrong again! Most likely there will be new talents but no new tiers of talents, meaning we won't get 56pt / 61pt talents.
    Oh really? You've got a source on that statement, Sherlock?

10+ Year Old Account

Oh really? You've got a source on that statement, Sherlock?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I was going to bump this to the General forum, but I think the talent tree comment is worth addressing in the role forums, since it applies to class design.

1) We are changing talent trees, in some cases substantially. The major focus is pruning out boring but valuable talents that passively increase say damage or healing.

2) A secondary focus is to fix the clunky areas (e.g. warlocks having two conflicting range increasing talents). We're not going to remove old favorites or radically change the focus of the trees. You will definitely have to rethink your builds however.

3) Because you earn passive bonuses just for spending points in the tree, those fun, niche or utility talents won't seem as expensive as they do today. We want to create a lot more choices where you are choosing utility vs. utility. We want to see far more "cookie cutter" build guides that say "Spend the last 5-10 points where you want."

4) In some cases, trees will flat out get new abilities. These are in addition to the new level 81+ abilities.

5) You will get 5 additional talent points for the new levels.

6) We are not deepening the trees. This actually unlocks some interesting opportunities. For the first time, you can reach a 51 point talent and a 21 point talent in another tree.

I'll also add that for Lich King we just brought Naxxramas back and adjusted the bosses for 10 and 25 raid sizes. The Cataclysm raids are new content with new maps and new bosses. We're just trying to hit the nostalgia button with mentioning old foes like Ragnaros. Ragnaros may be back, but he's not in Molten Core.
    ;P

PS. No, you can't come into mai tree house. I don't want your cooties all over mai shit.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.