15+ Year Old Account

RAWR and Warlocks

Anyone get RAWR to even calculate itemupgrades remotly accurate?
    I get ridiculous numbers, 245 being better than 277 etc. I strongly suspect RAWR is totally unable to take talentpoints in Supression into account at all but it cant be the sole reason.

So, anyone got the bugger to work at all or must I actually drag my lazy ass out for a spreedsheet leasson?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: RAWR and Warlocks

Rawr is broken for warlocks. I believe they don't have a full time lock over there who can contribute as they need. Stick to SimCraft.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

I found it to oscillate between unreliable and dangerously unhinged, though it's been a while since i tried it.

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, as I thought. Well got swapped out for Saurfang hc so I guess they will spend at least 30 more mins there, will dl and follow the sticky Simcraft like a slave in the meantime.
    Fuck off RAWR ;D
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

So hows wow life Gherky, you been awefully somber in here since you became a post smacker. All well?

RAWR is a tool for casuals, essentially. It gives you some loose idea of what might work. You should really work with simcraft trying to optimize scale factors to pinch the most you can out of it. It's very easy to do by playing with wowhead profiles to tweak gear, gemming, enchants, specs, etc if you find direct manipulation too difficult. The difference in accuracy between the two tools is staggering. RAWR is maybe half a step above the old 'Max DPS' site from BC that everyone used and about twenty steps behind a good spreadsheet and a few extra steps behind simcraft.

15+ Year Old Account

If rawr was fairly accurate it would be good enough since it would let you work with combos better than simcraft. The itteration results from a perfect simcraft and rawr wont matter since no fight will be perfect, however since rawr cant even function its crap.

yeah i downloaded rawr to check it out, saw what it was saying and instantly deleted it. total crap for warlocks

It's that way for all classes, we're not special. The issue is with the model, which is and has always been bad. Even back when it first came out it has trouble working with a rotation that was nothing except spamming Shadow Bolt until something died. Why? Didn't model ISB uptime properly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    So hows wow life Gherky, you been awefully somber in here since you became a post smacker. All well?
    Peachy. Painting the basement at the moment, so my computer is in a box, but the guild's down to phase 4 on LK. Just got to work on better defiles and faster Valkyr kills. We're expecting a kill tonight. Grats on Kingslayer!

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It's that way for all classes, we're not special. The issue is with the model, which is and has always been bad. Even back when it first came out it has trouble working with a rotation that was nothing except spamming Shadow Bolt until something died. Why? Didn't model ISB uptime properly.
    For most classes RAWR is actually pretty accurate. The problem at the moment is that the Warlock module was orphaned for a long time until ArPharazon (or what his name is) took over. Now he is making a total rewrite.

Hopefully he will soon have everything worked out and then it should work again.

Quote Originally Posted by zumda
    For most classes RAWR is actually pretty accurate.
    Uuuuuh, not so much. The closest it comes is being 10-15% off what proper sims show. It's a great casual tool, but its real benefit is just ease of use and a clear GUI with a built in database. Hardly makes up for being that inaccurate.

15+ Year Old Account

Uuuuuh, not so much. The closest it comes is being 10-15% off what proper sims show. It's a great casual tool, but its real benefit is just ease of use and a clear GUI with a built in database. Hardly makes up for being that inaccurate.
    Simcraft is a simulation tool. Rawr is a formulation tool. It does not mean it's inaccurate, it just arrives at similar results in a different way. And I doubt many people are coming within 10-15% of Simcraft, even on a fully raid buffed target dummy.

R.I.P. YARG

If you compare to simcrafts actual output, not simply its average, then you'd be surprised. If you're just going by the average output number, then yeah not so much. You'd need to do thousands of trials.

Uuuuuh, not so much. The closest it comes is being 10-15% off what proper sims show.
    I should have been more clear. What I meant is that it's pretty accurate in what is an upgrade and what isn't. RAWR never claimed that it will show you your DPS, it's a gear comparison tool.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Peachy. Painting the basement at the moment, so my computer is in a box, but the guild's down to phase 4 on LK. Just got to work on better defiles and faster Valkyr kills. We're expecting a kill tonight. Grats on Kingslayer!
    I had a blast late nite with some friend waiting for the male hockey match. Your canadian girls humiliated our woman team soooooo bad hahahahah 13-0. That match didnt matter for our team tho but still, never had so fun about a loss before ^^
    Happy painting and defiles!